Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 2

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I recently used up a litre size of Rusk conditioner and a wave nouveu smooth edges gel. I was also forced to throw away a 16 oz jar of a mix that I made which was begining to react badly as it left white goop that would not melt into my hair :nono:. My stash is reducing right before my eyes :yep:. I am also trying to extend this challenge to include my skincare products and makeup :yep:. We will see how that goes!

faithVA

I have just a little of the Deva Curl Heaven in Hair Left. So the next time I cowash I will just massage that into my scalp as a prepoo.

Not sure what is next on my hit lists.

Before the end of this session will try to use up
1. KCCC
2. Terressentials lavender

That's probably all I will get through.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Imma CW in the AM, I should be done with that dang on Edge Control in like 2 days at the max

Kindheart

I m about to finish A Donna marie s detangler ,it actually works ok as a conditioner ,i honestly think its just a base with very little added to it ,i previously said it doesn t detangle well on dry hair,however ,on wet hair is quite good ,nothing amazing but good enough to detangle although it leaves my hair a bit dull.

Finished Vo5 strawberries con.
I m shedding quite alot since i stopped taking Hairfinity i need to do a tea rinse asap!

faithVA

Edge control, Edge control, Edge control! LOL @ZebraPrintLover

You and NikkiQ like to do a lot of spanking. Very concerning :lol:

Things were on sale so I had to buy it :yep:

I had a 15% off coupon for Sally's and As I Am products were a $1 off. So I bought the As I Am leave-in and the curly jelly.

Then :look: I was in Target and they had the Shea Moisture Purification Masque. I needed a new DC :yep: So I picked it up.

Then the Jane Carter stuff had a TEMPORARY price cut. You know how expensive that stuff is. So I got the curl defining cream for $11 and the leave-in for $7.

I promise I'm done for August and September :yep:

Seamonster

Just finished my Claudie's temple balm. Not sure if I will finish anything else. I am going to use my Claudie's scalp elixir. Might have to put Komaza muku butter on top cause it says to moisturize after use.

lamaria211

My megatek bottle is about 3/4 gone I'm going to use it to DC on dry hair tomorrow for about 30 mins then CW With HE LTR

faithVA

I finished up the Deva Curl Heaven in Hair. I liked it but won't repurchase. Think the AO products work better for me. So I am going to try the Shea Moisture Purification Masque for a DC to see whether I will make that a staple DC or whether I will stick with the AO Blue Chamomile.

lamaria211

I just used my Wen 613 mist (i love this stiff) and I realize thar my bottle is 1/2 empty I WILL repurchase this before the month is out probably just order 3 more they only come in 4oz sizes:(

lamaria211

One more thing I'm going to cut out my midweek CoWash because I believe the less I do to my hair the better off my hair will ne but the problem now is what to do with my CW conditioner's? ? Any suggestions ladies? TIA

faithVA

The Jane Carter Leave-In smells like a mix of furniture polish and bug spray. I don't
usually pay much attention to smell but that one is weird :lol:

And as a leave-in, um, my hair couldn't figure out what I was spraying on it. It must have smelled like bug spray to my hair as well. Maybe I need to use it on dry hair. I definitely wasn't able to detangle or do much else with my hair after using it. It didn't make my hair soft. I do want to see if it moisturizes my hair though. So I am going to try it on dry hair for the next few weeks to see if there is any difference.

If it doesn't work alone, I am going to try to mix it with some other things. Since the Giovanni Direct didn't work, going to mix it with that and maybe the Taliah Waajid. Maybe they will colloborate and make something special.

I did use the curl defining cream. Of course i didn't define my curls because i don't have any. But it did help my fro have some nice definition even after it dried and it kept it more stretched. Will see how good it looks in the morning.

TrueSugar

This is what I have found so far, I will add as I go along.

Shampoos/Cleanser 6/6
Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo
Curls Cleansing Cream
Wen Winter Vanilla
Wen Fig
Wen Pomegranate
Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo

Conditioners 12/12
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
AO GPB
Curls Coconut Sublime Conditioner
Giovanni Deep Moisture Conditioner
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Color Care
Oyin Honey Hemp
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Halo Curl Condtioner
Nature’s Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner
Catwalk Curls Rock Conditioner

Deep Conditioners 15/15
Angelic Artistry Om Shanti Deep Conditioner
BASK Cacao Bark
BASK Yam Nectar
SM Deep Treatment Masque (2)
SM Purfication Masque
Beautiful textures Rapid Repair
Mizani Moisturefuse
Urbanbella Hydrating Moisturizing Cream
KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask
Camille Rose Algae Deep Conditioner
Aussie 3 minute miracle (2)
GV Reconstructing conditioner
Goldwell Colorglow Hairmasque

Leave-ins & Moisturizers 20/20
Darcy’s Botanicals Leave-in in Juicy Peach
Darcy’s shea butter Curl Moisturizing Cream
DB Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk
DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream
Pura Body Naturals murumuru Moisture Milk
Bask Silk and Honey Latte Detangling Hair Milk
BASK Palm Tapioca
Oyin Juices and Berries
Oyin Hair Dew (2)
Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter
KBB Super Duper Hyrdating Hair Cream
KBB Sweet Ambrosia Leave-in Conditioner
Curls Cashmere Curls Leave-in
Curls Cashmere Curls Jelly
U R curly loose curl enhancer (2)
It’s a 10 sample
GV End mender
Beyond the Zone Split Mender

Oils & Butters 5/5
Grapeseed oil
Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter
Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter
Uncle Funky’s Daughter Extra Butter
Jane carter Solution Nourish and Solution

Pomades & Greases 3/3
DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Balm
Oyin Shine and Define
Oyin Burnt Sugar

Herbs & Ayurveda

Styling Aids 11/11
Jane Carter Solution Curl Defining Cream
DB Avocado and Honey Twisting Cream
DB Madagascar Vanilla Styling Crème
Urban Bella Stretch/Twist/Curl Cream
Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining pudding
Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curl Boosting Spray
Kenra Nurtrient Styling foam
ORS Lock and Twist Gel
GV Smoothing Serum
Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum
Jane Carter Solution Condition ad Sculpt

faithVA

Welcome TrueSugar
==========================

I misted my hair this morning with the Jane Carter Leave-in. It felt good while it was wet. Nothing special. Definitely going to mix it with the Mist Bodifier and the Giovanni Direct to use them up.

No more gels for me. I have enough for the rest of the year. They will come in handy when I do my twists, whenever that happens :lol:

lamaria211

Ladies a little help please. I realize that my hair does not need to be CWd midweek to stay moisturized so I'm dropping that step out of my Reggie but now I need another way to use up the CWing conditioners that I have left.
Aussie Moist
HE LTR
Suave Almond n Shea
Tresemme Naturals
KeraPro Restorative condish? TIA

faithVA

Ladies a little help please. I realize that my hair does not need to be CWd midweek to stay moisturized so I'm dropping that step out of my Reggie but now I need another way to use up the CWing conditioners that I have left.
Aussie Moist
HE LTR
Suave Almond n Shea
Tresemme Naturals

What will be your wash day regimen?

Can you use them to prepoo and to detangle?

Can you use them for your ends to keep them moisturized?

faithVA

I think I like the Burt Bee's Preshampoo as a leave-in. It is nice and thick. It goes on better if I let my hair dry and mist it than if I put it on after I wash. The only thing is the tube is so small that it wouldn't last me long.

But I think it gives me an idea of the consistency I need. It's almost like a grease or a paste. The As I Am leave-in is similar so I will see if it works as well.

Let me check out the Burt Bee's ingredients. So far I like the Burt Bee products. Just per size they are pricey.

lamaria211

faithVA said:
What will be your wash day regimen?

Can you use them to prepoo and to detangle?

Can you use them for your ends to keep them moisturized?

On Friday ill add my oil mix to my scalp which now contains garlic and onions. And then ill add a light coating of EVOCO to my hair and put on a plastic cap (with a few small holes I'm it) the next day i add my DC on top and do an All day DC (no heat) then rinse add my leave in and bun for about 5hrs til my hair is about 60-70% dry then I add a little bit more leave in and seal with an oil. This process keeps my hair moist for a week alone with daily m&s

faithVA

On Friday ill add my oil mix to my scalp which now contains garlic and onions. And then ill add a light coating of EVOCO to my hair and put on a plastic cap (with a few small holes I'm it) the next day i add my DC on top and do an All day DC (no heat) then rinse add my leave in and bun for about 5hrs til my hair is about 60-70% dry then I add a little bit more leave in and seal with an oil. This process keeps my hair moist for a week alone with daily m&s

Cool. So you don't wash at all? ever?

Don't have any recommendations beyond those.

lamaria211

faithVA said:
Cool. So you don't wash at all? ever?

Don't have any recommendations beyond those.

Every other week I use Hair One (or soon to be wen) instead ofmy DC I leave it on for hours just like I do my regular DC it makes my hair just as soft:)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
One more thing I'm going to cut out my midweek CoWash because I believe the less I do to my hair the better off my hair will ne but the problem now is what to do with my CW conditioner's? ? Any suggestions ladies? TIA

Aussie Moist
HE LTR

Suave Almond n Shea
Tresemme Naturals

lamaria211

In SistaSlicks 2nd book she mentioned that Aussie Moist and HE HH (so LTR should be also) are DC's. And I seen some ladies using the Suave as a DC. Post this in the DC Thread and see if the ladies have used them. You can alway doctor it up by adding oils, honey, and all that other stuff.

I m watching yall through the peep hole ..

Kindheart
I see your like me LOL. Watching them with my Hawk Eye from afar.

greenandchic

Found a few more products in my stash that I need to use or give away if they are useless to me: :blush:

*Proclaim Glossing Polish - giving away/swap
*Vatika Oil - Using
*KCCC - Using
*As I Am Smoothing Gel - Just used
*Aussie Moist (33 oz) - Because of the cones I stopped using it a long time ago, but I used it last week before doing a blow out. I also shave with it.

I just used up one bottle of YTC Conditioner and As I Am Smoothing Gel last night.

No more new/non-staple purchases for a at least a month or until the end of this session.
...................................................................................

Pink - Staples
Light Pink - Used
This color - Don't want/like, sold, threw out, gave away.

Shampoo
Giovanni 50:50 8.5oz 20%
Giovanni Smooth as Silk 8.5 oz 40%

Cleansing Conditioners
Curl Junkie Daily Fix 12oz 5%
Deva Curl No-Poo 12oz full
L’Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner 8.3 oz full

Conditioners
Giovanni Smooth as Silk 8.5oz 10%
Trader Joes Nourish Spa 16.9oz 20% - Used
Trader Joes Tree Tea Tingle 16oz full
Yes to Carrots Conditioner 16.9 oz 60% (use as leave-in) - Used
Yes to Carrots Conditioner 16.9 oz 60% (use as leave-in)
L’Oreal EverCreme Nourishing Conditioner 8.5oz 10% (used as leave-in)
Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Cream 8oz 60% (As a rinse out) - Used
Tresemme Naturals Conditioner 25oz 10%
Nubian Herritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Masque - 12oz 80%
Aussie Moist 33.8 oz 20%

Leave-In
Daily Leave-In Conditioner (Watermelon) 8oz 20%
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion 12oz 10%
As I Am Leave-In 8 oz 25%
Kinky Curly Knot Today 8oz 90%

Stylers
Curls Goddess Curls 8oz 20% - Used
Kiss My Face Upper Management 8oz full
Ecostyler Gel Blue
Cream of Nature Prefect Edges 2.25 oz full - Returned to the store
Let’s Jam! Custard 10oz 10%
Let’s Jam! Custard 10oz - full
Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste 4oz full
KCCC - 5%
As I Am Smoothing Gel - Used
Proclaim Glossing Polish - Need to get rid of.

Oils & Butters

Shea Oil 8oz 80%
Shea Butter ~4oz
Castor Oil
Jojoba Oil
Avocado Oil

HTGE
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine 4oz - Used
Darcy’s Botanicals Cherry Kernel Nectar 4oz 30%
Uncle Harry's Herbal Coconut Oil 4oz 5% - Used
Nubian Heritage EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Butter - Used

Hairitage Hydration Silk 'n Aloe Cream (oil based)
Hairitage Hydration Peach Aloe Pomade
Carrot Oil
Broccoli Oil
Vatika Oil 5.07oz

Treatments
Henna 1 box
Napur Henna 1 packet - Used
Indigo - Used
Various herbal powders
Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Used up some CON Argan Oil and Miss Jessie's samples.

CON Argan Oil Perfect Edges - Was greasy on my hands and made my edges hard. And didn't even keep them down all day. I had fuzzies everywhere. And it attracts dirt to the hair like locust. Did not like and will not buy.

CON Argan Oil Oil Treatment - Is your standard cone based serum. Was actually really good though. It smells nice and absorbed quickly. It felt heavy on my hand, but that's not a problem for me because I prefer thicker oils and serums. It would probably make a good sealant after moisturizing. I may invest in the full size in the future.

Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Cream - I was pleasantly surprised by this. It touted some superb claims about it's moisturizing abilities and I can attest that it lived up to the hype. I used it to refresh and moisturize my two day old puff and it actually was soft after I used it. I didn't like the minty scent of it though. I won't purchase the full size because I can get the same effects from something cheaper.

lamaria211

ZebraPrintLover said:
lamaria211

In SistaSlicks 2nd book she mentioned that Aussie Moist and HE HH (so LTR should be also) are DC's. And I seen some ladies using the Suave as a DC. Post this in the DC Thread and see if the ladies have used them. You can alway doctor it up by adding oils, honey, and all that other stuff.

Kindheart
I see your like me LOL. Watching them with my Hawk Eye from afar.

I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. Thanks :)