Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 2

faithVA

:whip: @faithVA You need more than oil and water, young lady!

Why do I need more than oil and water? I have been applying leave-ins and moisturizers for two years and I haven't not come across 1 product that seems to do anything to my hair. The only products that I can see any difference are conditioners, water and oil. I see absolutely no difference with the rest of this stuff.

So school me. Otherwise I'm not seeing the point.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Used up that Giovonni SAS and my moisture mix conditioner.

I also mixed up 16oz of Suave Almond and Shea Butter, 4oz Africa's Best Hair Mayo, Amla Oil, and Molasses. This may be gone by the end of the month.

Seamonster

Why do I need more than oil and water? I have been applying leave-ins and moisturizers for two years and I haven't not come across 1 product that seems to do anything to my hair. The only products that I can see any difference are conditioners, water and oil. I see absolutely no difference with the rest of this stuff.

So school me. Otherwise I'm not seeing the point.

Oh, I thought you said you were just going to use oil and water, I think that conditioners, oil, and water is a good mix for the health of the hair. You are referring to the curly girl technique?

If you are out in the sun use silk scarves to protect your hair from the elements. Since you recently had to do another big chop it make sense to keep up the regular trims to avoid that again.

Lastly, some ladies like to use a styler on their TWA to define the curls. Since I know you like all natural products that would be aloe vera or flax seed gel. :lick:

faithVA

Oh, I thought you said you were just going to use oil and water, I think that conditioners, oil, and water is a good mix for the health of the hair. You are referring to the curly girl technique?

If you are out in the sun use silk scarves to protect your hair from the elements. Since you recently had to do another big chop it make sense to keep up the regular trims to avoid that again.

Lastly, some ladies like to use a styler on their TWA to define the curls. Since I know you like all natural products that would be aloe vera or flax seed gel. :lick:

Thanks Seamonster. Please try to ignore the tone of my posts. I'm just getting back from vacation and snarling everywhere.

Girl you know I'm not going to wear a scarf :lol: It might be the right thing but I would just feel country :nono:

As far as the conditioner, oil and water, I'm not really referring to any method. This is just my conclusion from having put stuff in my hair for 2.5 years. 99% of what I put in my hair does absolutely nothing. I'm just wasting money. That includes every leave-in, moisturizer, butter and styler I have ever purchased. That is why I was saying I would just cut the rest of the stuff out and just use what does seem to work.

Of course I have a lot of products I will use up. But maybe I am just wasting my time searching for products. Maybe I just don't need them. Maybe my hair is soft and I'm just making it hard putting stuff on it. :perplexed:

JJamiah

Saturday is my wash day ; Friday is my prep day. I doubt I could use anything else up. not trying to rush through my products. thinking about redefining my purchases for next year. I doubt I will need so much. I've already spent 100 dollars out of my budget. They are some little things that I need , but I think I might spend just a smidge of it and hold the rest over until the following year. I already have a 200 dollars sally's beauty supply bill waiting . I don't see the rest of the money being spent. I have separated my hair supplies from need to be used up and stash Goods. I need to be used up group is about 15 products. Stash Goods are on 1 shelf. New tries also have a spot of their own. I am verbally speaking these sentences and it's typing it out so if it seems really short I apologize.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
My updated list

Session 2 - May 1, 2012 - August 31, 2012

***GONE

Shampoo
ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo
I have found my staples for this area: CON-Green and Suave Clarifying

Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Protein DC mixture
Aussie 3 min miracle
Aussie 3 min miracle
Garnier Fructis 3-Min Undo
Garnier Fructis 3-Min Undo
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner
Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol
**Goal is to have 4 conditioners (2-3 DC's and 1 to cowash with)

Leave-In/Moisturizer
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
(Jamaican Fruit) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
(Lemon Grass) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and Blow Drying Lotion
Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (sample)
**Goal is to have 4 leave- ins IDKY :look:

Oil
I have found my staples for this area: JBCO, 1 ceramide, and EVCO.

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
CHI Silk Infusion
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
ORS Edge Control
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat Spray
GVP Shaping Spray Plus (Sebastian)
EcoStyler Gel
Nexxus Emergencee

:grin:Wish List:grin:
WEN Summer Mango Coconut
WEN Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment
Shea Moisture
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
Cantu SheaButter
As I Am - Moisture Milk
Mane n' Tail Detangler
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner

Seamonster

I can't tell if I am going to use up any more products. Since my big chop I use a lot less. I just have a C quinoa moisturizing of this, and smattering of O brown sugar, but it is lasting. Just a tad bit of ors gel, and ends ins left too. If I don't finish them this month, I will start the next challenge out by using up a whopping six products. My komaza dc, and C mango rinse are on the last leg as well.

I am excited for the year end, I hope to be down to one shelf by then. Going to go put some Komaza oil on my scalp.

Ogoma

I have used up:

Garnier Pure Clean
Live Clean Argan
L'Oreal EverCreme
will use up CJ Beauticurls Strengthening tomorrow morning
will use up one CJ Smoothing Conditioner on Thursday (4 left)

Bought: :sekret:

Desert Essence Organics Conditioner Coconut
Desert Essence Organics Conditioner Red Raspberry
Desert Essence Organics Conditioner Lemon Tea Tree
Desert Essence Organics Thickening Conditioner Green Apple and Ginger
Desert Essence Organics Conditioner Italian Red Grape
Desert Essence Organics Pure Conditioner Fragrance Free
Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling Gel
Cush Cosmestics Buriti Butter
Coffee Butter Blend
Lemon Butter Blend
Monoi Butter Blend
Soy Butter Blend

As you can see I tried to balance the use up and bought list :lol:

faithVA

Didn't use anything up but made the Kimmay Tube Leave-in using my Giovanni Direct Leave-in. This allows me to use up my leave-ins and some of my oils. I only have 1/2 a bottle left. Won't use it up by the end of the month but it will be close.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I just have to use up my ORS Edge Control by the end of the session and I will be so happy because I would have made my goal. Might be gone by the morning, we will see.

greenandchic

I just used up one bottle of Tresemme Naturals Conditioner and Giovanni Smooth As Silk last night. I finished Hairitage Hydration Peach Aloe Pomade last week.

No more new/non-staple purchases for a at least a month or until the end of this session.
...................................................................................

Pink - Staples
Light Pink - Used
This color - Don't want/like, sold, threw out, gave away.

Shampoo
Giovanni 50:50 8.5oz 20%
Giovanni Smooth as Silk 8.5 oz 40%

Cleansing Conditioners
Curl Junkie Daily Fix 12oz 5%
Deva Curl No-Poo 12oz full - Going to swap on MakeUpAlley.com
L’Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner 8.3 oz full

Conditioners
Giovanni Smooth as Silk 8.5oz 100% - Used
Trader Joes Nourish Spa 16.9oz 20% - Used
Trader Joes Tree Tea Tingle 16oz full
Yes to Carrots Conditioner 16.9 oz 60% (use as leave-in) - Used
Yes to Carrots Conditioner 16.9 oz 60% (use as leave-in)
L’Oreal EverCreme Nourishing Conditioner 8.5oz 10% (used as leave-in)
Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Cream 8oz 60% (As a rinse out) - Used
Tresemme Naturals Conditioner 25oz 10% - Used
Nubian Herritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Masque - 12oz 80%
Aussie Moist 33.8 oz 20%

Leave-In
Daily Leave-In Conditioner (Watermelon) 8oz 20%
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion 12oz 10%
As I Am Leave-In 8 oz 25%
Kinky Curly Knot Today 8oz 90%

Stylers
Curls Goddess Curls 8oz 20% - Used
Kiss My Face Upper Management 8oz full
Ecostyler Gel Blue
Cream of Nature Prefect Edges 2.25 oz full - Returned to the store
Let’s Jam! Custard 10oz 10%
Let’s Jam! Custard 10oz - full
Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste 4oz full
KCCC - 5%
As I Am Smoothing Gel - Used
Proclaim Glossing Polish - Need to get rid of.

Oils & Butters

Shea Oil 8oz 80%
Shea Butter ~4oz
Castor Oil
Jojoba Oil
Avocado Oil

HTGE
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine 4oz - Used
Darcy’s Botanicals Cherry Kernel Nectar 4oz 30%
Uncle Harry's Herbal Coconut Oil 4oz 5% - Used
Nubian Heritage EVOO & Moringa Repair & Extend Butter - Used

Hairitage Hydration Silk 'n Aloe Cream (oil based)
Hairitage Hydration Peach Aloe Pomade - Used
Carrot Oil
Broccoli Oil
Vatika Oil 5.07oz

Treatments
Henna 1 box
Napur Henna 1 packet - Used
Indigo - Used
Various herbal powders
Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner

TrueSugar

Today I opened up my Curls coconut sublime conditioner, the cleansing cream, the cashmere curls leave in, and the cashmere curl jelly. My hair is drying but I like the results so far. I may need to do a video.

lamaria211

TrueSugar said:
Today I opened up my Curls coconut sublime conditioner, the cleansing cream, the cashmere curls leave in, and the cashmere curl jelly. My hair is drying but I like the results so far. I may need to do a video.

I have three of those products the cleanser the condish and the leave in but I'm waiting til I use up my Hair One to try them. Please give a full review when your done :)

lamaria211

I decided to wait to DC til next wash day (Friday) ill put mu megatek on dry hair for an hr rinse the wash with Hair One then DC overnight with Kera Minerals DC, HE LTR and some oils:) I have maybe 2 more good uses of the hair one!

Keishadt

Alright! Last week I used up one bottle of my Renpure condish. I'm pleasantly surprised. If I wanted to, I could probably use up the AO HSR before the end of Aug, but I love it so much and I don't want to replace it until I use up at least one more conditioner, so I'm holding onto it for dear life, lol! Can't wait for the next session. I forsee more progress.

xu93texas

I used up QB Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. I should be done with the following products within the week:

Shescentit Moisture Mist
AG Moisture and Shine Conditioning Mist

I did buy a new V05 conditioner to use for cowashing every morning.

lamaria211

JJamiah said:
Saturday is my wash day ; Friday is my prep day. I doubt I could use anything else up. not trying to rush through my products. thinking about redefining my purchases for next year. I doubt I will need so much. I've already spent 100 dollars out of my budget. They are some little things that I need , but I think I might spend just a smidge of it and hold the rest over until the following year. I already have a 200 dollars sally's beauty supply bill waiting . I don't see the rest of the money being spent. I have separated my hair supplies from need to be used up and stash Goods. I need to be used up group is about 15 products. Stash Goods are on 1 shelf. New tries also have a spot of their own. I am verbally speaking these sentences and it's typing it out so if it seems really short I apologize.

Tell me how did you organize your stash how did you decide what goes in the use up versus what stays in the stash pile? I need to do this as well. I told my hubby about your spending limit gift card and he loved it he's making me do the same thing we're in the process of setting an amount now:)

JJamiah

lamaria211 said:
Tell me how did you organize your stash how did you decide what goes in the use up versus what stays in the stash pile? I need to do this as well. I told my hubby about your spending limit gift card and he loved it he's making me do the same thing we're in the process of setting an amount now:)

I am basing it off of how my natural hair reacts to the product. Alter Ego melts my hair, 613 melts it something wicked, Ojon another winner. Things that are soso got to go LOL. My budget is $500. This upcoming year I doubt I will feel it. I have a lot of things to use up. But once the money is gone....it's gone. I get my card in November to take advantage of the deals. I have I stretch the budget as best I can.

lamaria211

JJamiah said:
I am basing it off of how my natural hair reacts to the product. Alter Ego melts my hair, 613 melts it something wicked, Ojon another winner. Things that are soso got to go LOL. My budget is $500. This upcoming year I doubt I will feel it. I have a lot of things to use up. But once the money is gone....it's gone. I get my card in November to take advantage of the deals. I have I stretch the budget as best I can.

OK so your putting your favs in the stash pile and the crap ones are the use ups. OK that's what I'm doing to :) thanks

lamaria211

OK so after @ jjamiah gave me a great idea I rearranged my stash and now I have a use up section:) and in it is Roux Mendex repair treatment I'm wondering does any one(natural) use this product? I'm trying to use this up vs using up my megatek. Anybody? ?

faithVA

I may try this new organization thingee :look:

I need an I Don't Know Section. I bought 3 heat protectant products. But since I cut my hair and I won't have hair for a looooong time, I'm not ready to use them. Not sure I want to give them away either. I'm nto going to straighten my hair again, but maybe I will rollerset or blow dry one day. But I'm not sure :lol: They are definitely in a holding pattern until next year.

Kindheart

Donna Marie Detangler is officially gone. :grin:
MHC HONEYnutt cleanser finished :(
On to the Super Buttercream

Last edited:

faithVA

Finished up the Terressentials Lavender Mudwash. I washed with it and then conditioned with the Deva Care One conditioner. My hair was so soft.

Sitting under my heat cap with the Shea Moisture Purification Mask. This is my 3rd attempt to see if it works. If it doesn't work any better than the last 2 times I'm giving it away. I may give it away anyway so I can get the AO Blue Chamomile.

lamaria211

So after starring at my "use up " section for an hour I finally decided to prepoo overnight with a little bit of ion hard water condish covered in EVOCO