Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

faithVA

It's wash day. Don't think I'm using up anything today. I used my Nubian Heritage Growth and Strength. I like it. I may repurchase when it's gone. Fortunately that won't be for a few months since I only use it once a month. I only have 1/2 jar of the As I Am Cleanser. I am going to buy the Hair One Olive Oil when I get down to the last use of this. Meant to follow that with a quick condition with the Deva Curl One but I forgot :ohwell:

Letting my hair dry a bit and will use the apricot kernel oil and the avocado oil to try them out. Then follow that with the Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Leave-in. I will use up most of that but it probably won't be finished until next weekend.

Don't know what styler I will use yet.

daviine

Okay, I finally tried this last night. I added some warm honey and olive oil. I hate the smell of honey, but it made my hair very easy to detangle. I also fell asleep on the couch for a bit waiting for my hair to go from wet to damp before I applied my leave-ins, but even the areas that were already close to dry still felt moisturized. I probably won't repurchase the Aussie since I get more moisture with my staple DC on its own (when I try adding honey to it, it may be perfect) but I'll be using it up with the addition of honey and olive oil. :yep: Thanks for the suggestion, @daviine!

classoohfive I'm so glad I finally made a contribution to the board! I think my hair really likes honey but I don't like the smell either. I was trying to use up the honey too because I don't like it as a sugar substitute. Not usre if I'm going to repurchase some for deep conditioning now. I bought agave nectar but I've enjoying it in my tea so I'm not sure if I'm ever going to try it in my DC.

lamaria211

Will be using the last of my Baba Dr Caracol DC tonight! I really really really want some more Silk Dreams products but I swore off ordering stuff online,I hate waiting and shipping cost. Idk its so worth it though

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Session 3 - September 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

***GONE

Shampoo
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo
I have found my staples for this area: CON-Green and Suave Clarifying

Conditioner
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
*Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner
Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
*Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack
**Goal is to have 4 conditioners (2-3 DC's and 1 to cowash with)

Leave-In/Moisturizer
(Jamaican Fruit) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
(Lemon Grass) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and Blow Drying Lotion
Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme (sample)
*Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (sample)
**Goal is to have 4 leave- ins IDKY :look:

Oil
I have found my staples for this area: JBCO, 1 ceramide, and EVCO.

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
ORS Edge Control
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat Spray
GVP Shaping Spray Plus (Sebastian)
EcoStyler Gel (always will have at least 1 of these)
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Nexxus Emergencee

:grin:Wish List/Buy Again:grin:
WEN Summer Mango Coconut
WEN Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment
Shea Moisture
Cantu SheaButter
Hicks Total Transformations Edges Pomade
Elasta QP Mango Butter
-----------------------------
Aussie 3 min Miracle
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Aussie Moist/Herbal Essence Conditioner
Hawaiian Silky 14n1
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue
Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil

(Lemon Grass) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector is GONE!

Still trying to use up the items that have * by them before the end of the year.

Seamonster

I went to my hair groups product exchange and gave away several products. I like them but I just want a smaller amount of products. I am so sick of having products fill a shelf in the kitchen, and then they are taking over the bathroom. Going to do my annual products for the hair needy to give away some more to people that can use them.

Aggie

I didn't join 2012's challenge but I want to be tagged for the 2013 challenge please OP because I have some Ayurveda powders I need to use up "pronto" and a challenge like this will be perfect for me to accomplish that:yep: Thanks in advance.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Getting ready for my DC tomorrow, I will gone and knock these two out.....

lamaria211

Used up 1 SE leave in (have 2 back ups)
Nothing But intense healing mask- trashed
Pompian grape seed oil used up

faithVA

I started a mini detox today. I prepooed with diluted Deva Curl One, washed with Terresentials mudwash and let that sit for 30 minutes. Then followed up with Morocco Method detox which I let sit for 2 hours. Then I conditioned with Deva Curl One. My hair feels much better. I will do the 2nd day of detox tomorrow.

I am going to miss the Deva Curl One when it is gone. I may repurchase but not immediately. I am going to try the Hair One Olive Oil and see if that is a good replacement. And I have some samples of Wen. I will see how I like that. I do like the Deva Curl One though. It is good to my hair. :yep:

Wash day is tomorrow so I may be able to use up my leave-in if nothing else.

faithVA

I'm DCing with Hydratherma Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner. It's very thick. I'm not sure it's going to work on my low porosity hair. If it doesn't work out it will be going back to my mom. If not I will keep it. I have to use a lot so it will probably be gone at the end of December if I keep it.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Session 3 - September 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

***GONE

Shampoo
K-PAK Reconstruct Shampoo
I have found my staples for this area: CON-Green and Suave Clarifying

Conditioner
K-PAK Reconstruct Conditioner
K-PAK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor
Suave-Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner
Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner Pack

**Goal is to have 3 conditioners (2 DC's and 1 to cowash with)
I have found my staples for this area: ORS Replenishing Pak- Professional and Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment

Leave-In/Moisturizer
(Jamaican Fruit) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
(Lemon Grass) Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
Mizani Coconut Souffle
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell)
Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment
Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and Blow Drying Lotion
Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme (sample)
*Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (sample)
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue (sample)
**Goal is to have 4 leave- ins IDKY :look:

Oil
I have found my staples for this area: JBCO, 1 ceramide, and EVCO.

Other
CHI Silk Infusion
ORS Edge Control
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat Spray
GVP Shaping Spray Plus (Sebastian)
EcoStyler Gel (always will have at least 1 of these)
got2b glued SPIKING GLUE
Nexxus Emergencee

:grin:Wish List/Buy Again:grin:
WEN Summer Mango Coconut
WEN Six Thirteen Cleansing Treatment
Shea Moisture
Cantu SheaButter
Hicks Total Transformations Edges Pomade
Elasta QP Mango Butter
-----------------------------
Aussie 3 min Miracle
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Aussie Moist/Herbal Essence Conditioner
Hawaiian Silky 14n1
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue
Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil

Just felt like updating my stash. I only have 1 more thing to use for the end of the year. And my staples are appearing......

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Used some of the Curly Pudding today but it's still here in my stash, dont worry it will be gone before New Years.

faithVA

Finally used up my KomazaCare Aloe My Hair Leave-in. It wasn't a big bottle. But I am glad to see that I can probably keep a bottle of leave-in for 2 to 3 months. Since I've never used leave-ins consistently I wasn't really sure.

I am going to remove Coconut Oil from my hair stash and just use it on my body. The more I read, the more I think it's not for my hair. The last thing I read is that coconut oil binds to the protein in the hair, so the hair cannot absorb as much water. That is why it is recommended for prepoos to prevent hygral (sp) fatigue. But since I'm low porosity and not able to get enough water in my strands, this is counter productive.

I will stick to sunflower oil and then keep playing around with the avocado and apricot kernel oils I just purchased.

Since the As I Am Cleansing Conditioner has coconut oil as a base, it may explain why my hair feels pretty good but not great. I will just use it up and keep pairing it with the Deva Curl One conditioner.

Kindheart

Sorry guys i ve been MIA ,I ve been very busy last month ,anyway ..I finished a few products ,African Pride shea butter shampoo (Love it !) 1 ecostyler Argan .
I m currently using Beautiful Textures shampoo, Organix Mango butter grapefruit conditioner (dont like it ) and Beautiful textures leave in .As a moisturizer I m close to using up Afroveda Curly butter sample ,great stuff!Aaah also 1 of my Afroveda totally twisted (full size) is getting closer to an end but not quite there yet...

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge? Simplify regimen, get rid of products I will discontinue use of and clear storage space.

2. I want to use up, exchange, and/or giveaway at least 50% of my stash.

3. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. See Below.

(**) Means Staple Products.
This color means product is FINISHED, SOLD or GAVEAWAY!
This color means i'm currently working on getting rid of.

SHAMPOO:
1. Roux Porosity Control Shampoo
2. Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo
3. Burt's Bees Very Volumizing
4. Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat **
5. Paul Mitchell Awaphui Moisturizing Lather
6. Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
7. L'Oreal Everstrong Hydrate Sulfate-free
8. Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture
9. Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo
10. CD Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo
11. Kenra Clarifying Shampoo

CONDITIONERS:
1. Kenra MC
2. AO GPB
3. AO HSR
4. AO WC
5. Nexxus Humectress
6. Shea Moisture Volumizing Conditioner
7. Burts Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut
8. CD Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie
9. (2) Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
10. Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm **
11. Organix Hydrating macadamia oil Intense Moisture Mask
10. Joico Moisture Recovery **

Co-Wash:
1. Suave Professionals Humectant Moisture
2. Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner Pure Clean
3. Garnier Fructis Triple Moisture
4. HE Hello Hydration
5. HE Hydralicious
6. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (X 2) **
7. Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle

LEAVE-IN'S:
1. HE LTR
2. HE Touchably Smooth Split End Protector
3. Jane Carter Revitalizing
4. DB Natural Coils Conditioning Mist
5. Neutrogena Triple Moisture
6. Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
7. DB Pina Colada Daily **
8. Giovanni Direct
9. Aphogee Pro-Vitamin

MOISTURIZERS:
1. Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Creme
2 DB Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
3. Qhemet Biologics BRBC **
4. S-Curl No Drip Activator
5. Qhemet Biologics AOHC **
6. Curls Lush Curls
7. QB cocoa tree detangling ghee **

BUTTERS:
1. Qhemet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist
2. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine

TREATMENTS:
1. Burts Bees Avacado Butter Pre-Shampoo
2. Alter Ego Garlic Mask
3. Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor**
4. Aphogee Two-Step Protein**
5. Ahogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurer
6. Joico K-Pak Reconstruct
7. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily**
8. Nioxin Scalp Treatment System 4
9. Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner (1) **
10. Joico K-Pak Reconstructor

OILS:
1. Hairveda Vatika Frosting **
2. Emu
3. 365 Peppermint
4. Nutiva Organic Coconut
5. Jasons Tea Trea
6. NOW Wheat Germ
7. NOW Vegetable Glycerin
8. NOW Apricot
9. NOW Grapeseed **
10. NOW Avacodo
11. NOW Jojoba
12. CD Lisa's Elixer
13. Organic 100% Argan Oil
14. Nutiva Hemp **
15. JBCO **
16. Hain Safflower (2)**
17. Jason's Vitamin E
18. EVOO **
19. NOW Virgin Coconut Oil **
20. Eucalyptus EO
21. Hot Six Oil

SERUMS:
1. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny
2. Giovanni Frizz Be Gone
3. CHI Silk Infusion **
4. Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum **

GELS:
1. QB Honeybush Tea Soft Gel
2. Eco Styler Olive Oil **
3. Lily of The Valley Aloe Vera Jelly

MISCELLANEOUS:
1. Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil W/Mink Oil
2. Jane Carter Wrap & Roll
3. CHI 44 Iron Guard
4. Mane N' Tail Detangler
5. Rose Water
6. Sulfur Powder
7 Sulfur 8 Medicated Scalp Conditioner
8. Organics Tea-Tree Shine Hair Polish
8. Kerastase Ciment Thermique **

WHEEW, THAT'S ALL!!

I'm getting there and I only repurchase staple items or those that i've really, really wanted but buying as needed as well.

I don't think I did too bad but I do believe this is as far as my stash will go for the year. I only have a few more items I want to get rid of and then it's just my staples. I bought quite a few things since Black Friday but they'll all my staples except the WEN 613 I bought to try for 2013. I won't be joining a 2013 challenge, this thread has done me a lot of good and I no longer have a bunch of unused, unwanted products.

BrownBetty

Hi ladies...

I haven't bought any new hair products. I am stepping into the word of clip ins. I am bored with my hair and it is in that awful stage after a hair cut, not the cut and too short to do anything with. So clip ins or cut it all off.

Happy Holidays!

soulglo

i'm finally content with my stash
i've been putting dents in everything
nothing is really used up per se
i did use up 1 1/2 cubes of Anita Grant Rhassoul Clay
It made my hair really soft =/ still breakage so idk back to the balancing act

i'm halfway or less through all of my other products besides my eco styler gel (unopened until i do my twists and aloe vera juice about...85%)

Aggie

I'm a daily cowasher and in the last 2-3 weeks I finished up:

1 bottle of vo5 Volumizing conditioner
1 jar of Kerastase Masque Substantif
1 bottle of Kerastase Bain Substantif
1 bottle of AO GPB Conditioner
1 bottle of AO White Camellia Cinditioner
1 bottle of AO Island Naturals Conditioner
1 bottle of Pureology Smoothing Shampoo
1 jar of Fantasia IC Gel
1 bottle of Paul Mitchell Curl Defining Gel

I have so much more to go too.

Last edited:

lamaria211

Returned to target: Paul mitchell The Detangler, Giovanni's keratin DC and leave in, and got some shoes instead: )

Ogoma

I used up one Tresemme Naturals, 11 left.

Non-hair use-up: Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser. This crap has been holding on for 8 months. So glad to see it gone.

faithVA

Pluggin away at the As I Am Cleansing Conditioner and the Deva Curl One. Its wash day so prepooed with the Deva Curl One, Washed with As I Am Cleansing Conditioner and Conditioned with the Deva Curl One. Didn't DC today. I sealed with Avocado Oil and then used the Burt Bees Preshampoo as a leave-in. Like everything in my regimen today but the As I Am Cleansing Conditioner. It's better than shampoo but still a little harsh for my hair, probably because of the coconut oil.

I don't think I will finish up the Deva Curl One or the As I Am Cleansing Conditioner in December but they will definitely be gone by January. There's not much in the Burt Bee's container so I may get through it in December.

Not planning on using anything else up.

It's been a good year staple wise. I have firmed up quite a few staples. I still need to work out cleanser and leave-in but I have a better idea what works. I just need to narrow down brand. I feel confident that I will have some in place the first half of the year.

Ogoma

^^^ Same here @faithVA. It has been a good year product-wise for me as well. I have found almost all my staples and have a firm understanding on what ingredients my hair likes and what combination of products and ingredients give me lasting moisture.

Quite glad for this challenge. It got me to stop buying and start using.

Seamonster

:drunk: I am going to finish my afro veda deep conditioner today. I use it as a leave in. Really enjoy the afroveda line.

Giving away I boat load of products in my Annual Christmas for the Hair Needy. This year I needed them. Enjoying putting the gift together, it's a secret

xu93texas

I'm doing end of the year inventory today. I'm throwing a few products a way, giving products away, and boxing some products up for future use.

I'm done with African Pride Olive Miracle growth oil.

I'm throwing away TW Moisture Clenz and Bee Mine Growth Serum/

I'm giving away Moroccan oil shampoo,conditioner, and serum; EdenBodyworks Peppermint Hair Milk; Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructerizer and AG detangling conditioning mist; Claudie's Hair Revitalizer Balancing Ends Insurance; tea tree oil