Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 2

faithVA

Have you tried any Curl Junkie conditioners?

No not yet. Are they leave-ins?

Maybe towards the middle of next session I will try some sample sizes of different things.

Right now I have too many products in my stash :lol: And since my hair is so short it will take me a while to get through what I have.

It's hard to balance a stash and find the right product at the same time.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
No not yet. Are they leave-ins?

Maybe towards the middle of next session I will try some sample sizes of different things.

Right now I have too many products in my stash :lol: And since my hair is so short it will take me a while to get through what I have.

It's hard to balance a stash and find the right product at the same time.

I think most of them can double as a leave in. I have the same problem. A leave in has been escaping me for some time. I'm testing the Curl Junkie line this weekend. I have a shampoo, conditioner, leave in and styler. :

Here's hoping :crossfingers:

faithVA

I think most of them can double as a leave in. I have the same problem. A leave in has been escaping me for some time. I'm testing the Curl Junkie line this weekend. I have a shampoo, conditioner, leave in and styler. :

Here's hoping :crossfingers:

I hope it works out for you. :crossfingers:

NikkiQ

I have LOTS of Curl Junkie products and I love every single one of them. I hope you like em lady!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Ogoma

Just in time! Used up Qhemet Biologics CTDG today and bought Aveda Damage Remedy because I was in the store. :giggle:

JJamiah

Ogoma said:
Just strolling by and it beckoned me :lol:. I have been surprisingly good on this trip.

Ogoma see I understand when things call or name, whisper that evil whisper.....buy me, get me out of here, take me to the REGister. Yes I know....a leather GUESS coat did it to me today, a pair of shoes the other day, I know the call. Today the WEN whisper started.....I told it come back later.... :look: when it does I might break. Lol

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Shampoo
L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo

Conditioners
Dove Intensive Care Daily Treatment
Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol
Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat
Shea Moisture Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Moisturizing conditioner
Suave Almond and Shea Butter
Suave Color Care conditioner
V05 Tea Therapy Blackberry Sage
L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Conditioner
ION Anti-Frizz Solutions Smoothing Polish Conditioner
L'Oreal EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Conditioner
Herbal Essences Unbreakable Seduction Conditoner
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner

Oils
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil
Organic Root Stimulator HAIRepair Vital Oils

Moisturizers
African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Leave In Conditioner
African Royale BRX Braid Sheen Spray

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Curl Silkening Detangler
Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector
Profectiv MegaGrowth Growth Lotion

Styling Aids
BB Foam Wrapping Lotion

Start count:23

My goal is to get to less than 15 products by the end of the session. That may not seem like a lot, but I know I will reduce my co washing (and conditioner consumption) because I will be in braids.

Red font = gone
So for me session 2 was kind of a bust. I started with 23 products and ended up with 30. But that's because I didn't include some of my products in the original count. I think if I hadn't had braid extensions I would have used up some more conditioners with co washing. I did put a significant dent in the number of samples I have though.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Didn't use up anything yesterday for the end of the challenge. Boo! Going to dye my hair today and use a few products. I'll update my list and post it in the new challenge thread.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Today, I'm going to detangle with TJ Nourish Spa. This will get rid of one out of 6 bottles.

Of course, this is a staple product so I guess it doesn't count. I will always have 6-10 bottles of this on hand because I do not live by a Trader Joe's. I stock up when I'm in GA.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I AM TRYING TO RESIST DOING A CURL JUNKIE HAUL ON AVEYOU!

They gave me a $25 off $100 coupon to use! UGH! I keep going back and forth. I want to try so many other products because the products I ordered worked so well. But I know I have to have control. I do, however, need some more Curl Rehab because the one I used is one that I received off the Exchange Forum, so it wasn't a full bottle.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I have LOTS of Curl Junkie products and I love every single one of them. I hope you like em lady!

I :love: them @NikkiQ (on the fence about the smoothing lotion, though)

My hair is still moisturized from using the Honey Butta--but I truly believe it was the synergy created by using a full line of products that made the difference. I was a little skeptical of them at first, but that was when I thought my hair was a coarse texture. Now that I know the real texture is more of a medium/fine, I am using much lighter products with better results. Honey Butta is a heavier product, but not as heavy as the Qhemet AOHC I was using.

Eta: I've gone back to Qhemet!

Last edited:

faithVA

The Mist Bodifier worked pretty well as a leave-in, but I've used that all up. So now moving through the rest of my products to see if any of them work. So washed and DCd and back to leave-in experiments. Mixed S-Curl with AVG and Deva Curl B'Leave-in with AVG. Applied one product to right side and the 2nd mix to the left side. Will see in the morning if either works. Neither of them help with detangling, but hopefully they will leave my hair moisturized and soft.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I have decided that I want to reduce my stash down to 9 products.

(1) Co Wash Conditioner ---> Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
(1) Protein Reconstructor ---> Curl Junkie Repair Me
(2) Poos---> Kenra Clarifying Shampoo/Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Poo
(1) DC -----> Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
(1) Conditioner---> Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
(1) Moisturizer---> Qhemet Amla/Olive Heavy Cream
(1) Oil (to add to Conditioner for detangling and prepoo)-- Olive Oil
(1) Prepoo----> SheaMoisture Purification Masque

But I still have other products in my stash...ugh! I'm slowly getting rid of them though.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Used up my SheaMoisture Purification Masque. Want some more, but holding off for a while on hair purchases. Even staples..

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Used up a Curl Rehab Gardenia Coconut..glad cause it stinks. Wish the fragrance would change.

Gave away a bottle of Trader Joe's Nourish Spa condish to a friend of mine who was nice enough to trim my hair bec I def couldn't afford to go to GA this time.