Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Session II

BreeNique

I have about one more use of my ORS replenishing (light protien), and the Organix is coming along nicely! School starts soon, I think i'm good with my little bitty shash...

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I just used some of my Nexxus Emergencee and I love that stuff but geez why dont that stuff come in a bigger bottle....I dont wanna ever run out! That little bottle be anywhere from $11-17

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
DCed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner/ Protein DC mixture/ WGO hopes it come out well so I can get this Protein Mix out the way....this is the first time I used it in a while. I will be back to post my liking!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@ZebraPrintLover....I'm going to go through my stash tonight but I know I'm going to sell/swap my Wen Fig (70%), my joico kpak intense hydrator (new)and joico kpak reconstructor (new).

I know you were eyeing my jbco. Are u still interested I will part with a bottle or two just for you.

@YoursTrulyRE, REALLY:grin:. Your so kind, your beautiful, and your important (The Help). I would really love to get a bottle if your willing to part.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have planned out my Sunday Wash Day down to the T up til 9/11/11.....I need to focus better and wash more or something LOL.

On Wednesdays I will be doing a oil rinse and CW

BreeNique

When this challenge is over/ when I've used up my Organix and shampoo, I think I'll treat myself to some of that Giovani everyone is talking about!!!

I'm just about out of a protein, so I'll re-purchase the NTM Masque. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A PROTEIN CONDITIONER???

I typically don't do heavy protiens/ Aphogee, I feel I'm okay on that. but still up for suggestions!!

Pic of my stash!! green is staple

^^^Styling products/ oils, shampoos, conditioners, with tools at bottom^^^

Products I use most are in the back:

STYLING (in back)
-NTM Silk Leave-in
-Carol's Daughter Hair Balm (mix of coconut oil, sweet almond oil, soy oil, shea butter, cocoa butter)
-KCKT leave-in/ detangler
-Elasta QP Mango and Olive OIl moisturizing butter (my butter)
-Detangling/ leave-in mix (in spray bottle, i use it before washing/ detangling on damp hair--olive oil, conditioner, water)
-Coconut oil
-JBCO

STYLING (near front, don't use often)

-organix coconut milk anti-breakage serum (use it when Coconut oil or hair balm is too heavy, use more with blowouts)
-Fekkai glossing cream (use with blowouts)-CHI Silk infusion (use with blow-outs, full of cones)
-2 little applicator bottles: 1 is EVOO, other is Kenra conditioner mixed with water (for when I DC with Kenra and wanna get to the roots!)

SHAMPOOS:
-blue = clarifying shampoo
-Organix Coconut Milk is sulfate-free, normal shampoo

CONDITIONERS: (back)
-ORS Replenishing Conditioner (my mild protein--CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A NEW PROTIEN CONDITONER FOR MEE??)
-Organix Cherry Blossom gensing conditioner (co-wash)
-Kenra Moisturizing conditioner (DC)

- Creme of Nature Argan Oil conditioning treatment (DC)

CONDITIONERS: (front)

-Fekkai Glossing Conditioner (has sulfates/ kinda harsh, use sparingly)
-in white bottle: CHI Infra Treatment (sulfates/ kinda harsh, used it more when I used to have a relaxer)

STYLING TOOLS:
-wide-tooth comb
-denman small comb (2 rows of teeth, don't use it often)
-Denman brush (5 rows, used to be 9, took some out!)
-Boar-bristle round brush (use more when I have a blow out/ to smooth down styles)
-Flexi-rods (8)
-french roll cone (don't use often)
-head wrap
-my makeshift bun (head-wrap wrapped around a sock)

...thoughts?

<3
Bree of Breenique

(for a good time, take a look at my cousin's stash!!)
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=518099

Last edited:

YoursTrulyRE

Sale went great!! Got rid of enough things that I won't feel guilty adding my Enso products when they have their labor day sale.

Red = Gone
* = Staple

Shampoos
Suave Shea Almond
Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo
Aveda Dry Remedy

Conditioners
Herbal Essence Hydralicious
VO5 Moisture Milks Strawberry (1.5 bottles)
Giovanni Tea Tree
Roux Porosity Control (1.5 bottles) 1 bottle gone
Wen Fig
Aveda Dry Remedy
Aussie Moist

Deep Conditioners
Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator (3 tubes) 2.5 tubes gone
Lutrasilk Shea Mango
Aveda Dry Remedy
Joico Moisture Balm
Alter Ego Garlic

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Claudie Isha Cream
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Kinky Curly Knot Today
S-Curl
Jane Carter revitalizing leave-in
Infusium 23 moisturologie

Oils & Essential Oils
Enso Marshmallow Serum
Plain Castor Oil (16 oz) *
Hemp oil (16oz)*
Coconut Oil
Rosemary Oil
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil
JBCO 4 bottles (2.5 gone)
Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
Claudie Elixir *
Claudie Temple Balm

Styling products
ORS Edge Control
Garnier Curl Sculpting Gel
Longaid Gel

Misc.
Joico K-pak reconstructor (3 tubes) 2.5 tubes gone
Aloe Vera Juice
Silk Amino Acids

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Just finished Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum

Still have'nt bought anything since before the start of this challenge and won't until black friday...so far so good.

NikkiQ

Haven't been updating very much lately, but I've been updating my list as the products disappear. So far, so good. My KCCC is almost gone though :(

faithVA

I have been mia. Even with hurricane Irene we had Happily Natural day in Richmond. And I had planned to purchase products regardless of my stash which I did. Fortunately there weren't many vendors there so I didn't have a lot of temptation.

Since I started using the Terresentials mud wash I have eliminated most products with synthetics. And vendors at the shows typically are making their own products so it works out well. I ended up buying products mainly from from the Zuresh line. I purchased a conditioner, a leave-in, a hydrating mist, a gel and a twisting creme. I also bought a leave-in from one of the other vendors.

Going to add these to my stash. I am finished with my purchases for the year. I will probably make anything else I need.

I am definitely ready for a product swap. Maybe I will look into selling my wares on LHCF.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Will be going into braids tomorrow, hope to get African Royale BRX Braid & Extentsions Spray out the way soon.

JJamiah

I haven't used anything up, haven't bought anything either :)

I am back up in braids and will be wigging it up until April as of now so, nothing much is going to be going.

faithVA

Yeah, I don't think much is going on for anyone. The thread has been really quiet. Maybe I will send out a feeler at the end of September and then let the thread just ride out until December.

No matter, what I think many of us will use up some stuff between the start and December. So its all good.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I used up some Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberry condish last night. I'm working on some EVOO and some Suave Cucumber Melon conditioner for the end of the month.

I really liked my braids for a protective style but it definitely kept me from using as much product as I could. I'm on a personal daily co wash challenge for this month so hopefully I make a dent in something.

I haven't bought anything though. And I've been quite tempted.

NikkiQ

Last of my GVP leave in condish was used up while on my bachelorette party bash get away weekend. That stuff was AWESOME! I really liked that leave in. Left my curls soft and really helped them pop.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have been spraying my braids daily with African Royale BRX Braid & Extentsions Spray and Infusium 23 Repair & Renew Leave-In Treatment and sealing with WGO.

faithVA

Keep going ladies. Let's finish the year off strong.

I have a little ways to go. I still want to find a moisturizer for my twists or make one. And I want to use up the AOHSR which is not one of my favs. Going to try it in the kimmay tube leave-in mix to see if I can use it for that.

JazzyOleBabe

Hi faithVA
I have been a frequent lurker on this thread and have been following the challenge on my own. Wanted to let you know that using the AOHSR in the Kimmay tube mix is a great way to use up conditioners that you really don't care for as a stand alone. I used it in the mixture and it really turned out nice. Back to lurking.

faithVA

Hi @faithVA
I have been a frequent lurker on this thread and have been following the challenge on my own. Wanted to let you know that using the AOHSR in the Kimmay tube mix is a great way to use up conditioners that you really don't care for as a stand alone. I used it in the mixture and it really turned out nice. Back to lurking.

Thanks Lurking JazzyOleBabe :lol:

I may do my hair tonight and give it a try. I don't like that its so thick, so hopefully this will thin it out.

faithVA

I seem to be adding more to my stash :look: but now it isn't as random as before. My purchases are more thought out. I am still looking for a good moisturizer for my twists. And I still haven't found one.

Bought some products from the product exchange
2 bottles of jojoba oil (for oil rinsing)
8 oz of shea butter : going to make some shea aloe butter
8 oz of cocoa butter ... not sure what I'm going to do with this :nono:
1 shea butter mix ... like this
1 castor oil blend... will also use this for oil rinses and as the base for my on oil blend

and I bought a bottle of the Shea Moisturize Coconut oil and hibiscus mist. I tried it last night and its sticky. But I have to try it again earlier during the day to see if the stickiness last. I put the shea butter mix on this morning and my hair feels soft but not sticky.

Out of the Zuresh products I like the conditioner, leave-in and butter. The gel and mist are toooooo sticky and I hate sticky. Going to hold onto the gel until the spring and try it on wet hair for a wng. If it doesn't work then I will get rid of it. The mist I will just blend with AVG until it is diluted.

I am still on the hunt for a moisturizing product for my twist. But besides that I am done with purchases for the year. I have enough of everything to make it.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Still working on decreasing my stuff even though I did buy some new things. :look: Been doing some cleaning and I found some more products that had been stored in random places! AHHHH! And there are some conditioners and gels that I want to try too but I'm not allowing myself to until I cut this stash in half.

faithVA

Still working on decreasing my stuff even though I did buy some new things. :look: Been doing some cleaning and I found some more products that had been stored in random places! AHHHH! And there are some conditioners and gels that I want to try too but I'm not allowing myself to until I cut this stash in half.

Glad to see you are still hanging in there and working through your stash no matter how slowly. Hopefully by years end you will see a dent and stop finding hidden stuff :lol:

JJamiah

I doubt I will use up anything much for the remainder of the year. I won't be buying any products though (maybe Wen Pumpkin & Pomegrante). I have more then my fair share of everything else though LOL

I honestly don't plan to wear my hair out for a long time until April so maybe then I will get some use. I might as well cancel that other Gallon of Wen coming as I won't be done or half way done with the one I have already. Plus if I purchase the others that gallon will definitely hold me round to the next year.

I wish the body cleanser came in a gallon. I love that and have requested all gifts contain atleast this product :).

PureSilver

Good point JJamiah cause i only plan on getting conditioners for washing and adding just one item to that.

I also find that i've to make sure i stay consistent with my vitamins so i can finish the 8 bottles i have and replenish only the ones that are necessary.