Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Final Session (3)

faithVA

That's real honey. I hate commercial american honey. It's turrble. Manduka honey is best if yoy have the money. Very good for the skin.

I think the article was stating that the honey sold in America is probably not produced here. Which was the problem. So I bought some from a local vendor and then a jar from a company in FL. I tasted them both and I can tell the difference. They are soooo sweet and very thick. Wow - haven't tasted that in a while. They cost a little more but I won't have to use as much.

I actually bought it for my tea :look: since I gave up coffee.

I've yet to use the honey in my hair as was my original intention.

greenandchic

faithVA I'm so glad I buy my honey from a local co-op; it does make all the difference in the world and I know I'm supporting local businesses.

As I'm going though my stash, I'm thinking of switching to mostly natural products for my hair. I use a lot of oils, butters, and some natural products already, but I need to be more diligent with it. I wonder if anyone is going to start a challenge for 2012...

BreeNique

so....do we call this a setback, or...?

^^ my pre-black friday haul, courtesy of a pj cousin/ board member...lovin' it. but, i have focused on using my products, and i'll not experiment with the new babies until 2012/ they'll be part of my 2012 stash! for now, keepin' it simple with what i already have!

faithVA

so....do we call this a setback, or...?

^^ my pre-black friday haul, courtesy of a pj cousin/ board member...lovin' it. but, i have focused on using my products, and i'll not experiment with the new babies until 2012/ they'll be part of my 2012 stash! for now, keepin' it simple with what i already have!

Well BreeNique, at least you didn't go out and buy them. You are reformed but I'm not sure about your cousin :lol:

kupenda

Haven't been here in centuries! But I cleaned out my stash yesterday! No pics yet but I will take some this week if I remember. I'm now down to four shampoos, three conditioners, and one DCer. I also have one leave in, one gel, and three oils. Happy! I plan to use up my last shampoo by giving it to my sister. Then I will be down to my staples plus the one I got free (Nexxus Therappe). In celebration, I put in an order for two moisturizers: DB Transitioning leave in and DB madagascan vanilla butter I think. Then I can toss out the HE LTR leave in when they get here. Making progress! I hope to have three moisturizers altogether. Slot three will be filled by Cantu protein, which is used as a prepoo, DCer, detangler, and leave in

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

faithVA

Nice ladies. I actually forgot about this thread for a minute. We still have 5 more weeks to use things up. That still is a nice amount of time.

Looking forward to the final postings.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i bought some more products but im happy to say that i think i have all of my staples:yep: now i just have to use the rest up

greenandchic

Updated list
Red = Used up
(S) = Staple

Updated November 28, 2011

Conditioner
Curl Junkie Beauticurls 12 oz - 50%
Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix 8 oz - 80%
Hugo Naturals, Coconut 12 oz - 80%
Hugo Naturals, Vanilla & Sweet Orange 12 oz - 90%
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle 16 oz - 30%
Suave Conditioner, Strawberry 22 oz - 30%
Aussie Moist Conditioner 13.5 oz – 50%

Aussie Moist Conditioner 1L – 100%
L’Oreal EverSleek, Reparative Smoothing Conditioner 8.5oz 40%
L’Oreal EverSleek, Reparative Smoothing Conditioner 8.5oz 40%
Garnier Fructis, Sleek & Shine 13oz – 20%
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner 22.5 oz – 50%
Garnier Fructis, Sleek & Shine 13oz – 100%
Garnier Fructis, Sleek & Shine 13oz – 30%
Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner – 50% (S)

Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner - 100% (S)

Shampoo
CON Argan Oil 12oz 90%
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced 8.5oz 80%
Curl Junkie Cleansing Conditioner - 90% (S)
Shampoo bar (no brand) -90%

Leave In
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion 12 oz - 30%
Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta 8 oz - 50%
Donna Marie Super Buttercreame 8oz - 10%
Oyin Hair Dew 12 oz - 10%
Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk 8 oz –20%

Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk 8 oz –30% (S)

Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Mist 8 oz –10%
Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Mist 8 oz –60%
Siamese Twists Essential Hair Cream - 90%

Styler
Curl Junkie CIAB 12 oz 80%
Andalou Naturals Styling Cream 6.8 oz - 85%
Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste 4 oz x2 - 1 at 10% and 1 at 100%
Fantasia IC Gel, 16 oz - 5%
Ecostyler Blue Gel 32oz - 5%
Ecostyler Blue Gel 32oz - 100%
KCCC 8oz - 20%
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie 12 oz - 20% (S)

Renpure Organics Leave-in Shine & Seal 5.5 oz- 20%
Jonathan Product, Weightless Smooth No-Frizz Balm, 5.1 oz – 80%
Darcy’s Botanicals, Curling Cream Gel 8 oz – 10%

Oils and Butters
Coconut oil, Dabir 500 ml - 30%
Coconut oil, Dabir 500 ml - 50%

Coconut oil, Monoi Tiare Tahiti Vanilla 4 oz - 15%
Jojoba oil - 12 oz - 30%
Cocoveda Hair Oil 3.3 oz 10%
Vatika Oil 5 oz - 80%

Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade 4oz - 5%
Koils By Nature Hair & Body Butter 4oz – 20%
Uncle Harry’s Organic Herbal Coconut Oil 4oz – 50%

Misc. Treatments
Jamila Henna 100g – 1 2 (S)

Cassia 100g

ION Reconstructive Treatment (protein) – 20%
Aphogee Two-Step Treatment 4oz (S)

Still working on my staples. This is BEFORE my small haul from Black Friday comes in. :p

Aggie

My old stash is just about used up and the only products I will be purchasing next year are my staples, ie:

-Affirm (creme relaxer, sustenance treatment, and normalizing poo),
-KeraCare (almost everything else),
-the original MoroccanOil poo, conditioners and serum, and
-some Aubrey Organics poo (GPB) and conditioners (GPB, HSR and WC). That's it!

I have even limited the oils I will be purchasing to 4 types - evco, evoo, sweet almond, and grapeseed.

I will continue to use henna and indigo for coloring my hair and some of the ayurveda powders (amla, shikakai, kalpitone until all is gone, fenugreek power, brahmi, and bhringraj) for added conditioning.

That's me for now:yep:!

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Haven't used much up & I need to toss some things.

Matter if, let me put kbb butter love on the dresser to use up.

Ogoma

I need to join something like this in the new year. I have been going crazy the last few months and now have too many things to use up.

Aggie

Oh snaps! I just found a half of a 32oz bottle of Boundless Tresses and a few tubes of MN that I have not yet used and now I have to use those up. I don't want to throw them out because they were wayyyyy too expensive.

I actually just mixed them together, put in a color application bottle and applied it to my scalp for the night. I will try to do this 3-4 times a week until it's all used up.

NikkiQ

I need to start cowashing again. My products aren't moving as quickly as I hoped they would.

JJamiah

@NikkiQ I need a down hill and string to pull and a hard push and shove to move mine. I am just happy it isn't really increasing but It is just not going anywhere :cry2:

HUH, faithVA I hope you have this next year. I am joining all three. :)

NikkiQ

I'll be right there with you JJamiah. I have a feeling I'll probably use up most of my stash before I move so I don't have to ship it all to PR.

JJamiah

Definitely going to start that this weekend :)

I think it would be real good for when my hair is in braids for 3 weeks

faithVA

Not buying anything but found some stuff. My mom gave me back an Argan oil serum so adding that back to the list. I probably use it on my ends. It's really thick.

And I have put regular shampoos to the side, but I am going to put my Elasta QP Soy Oyl back in my closet. I really liked that shampoo. I don't know how I will use it yet but I will keep it around. I am having a hard time parting with it.

I mixed my loc twist butter with some cocoa butter and shea butter that I have. So now I have a big stash of it. So I will be using that for months to come.

And I think I will use the black seed oil conditioner for styling instead of for conditioning. I think. I twisted my hair with it and it felt so good. I also used it for a curlformer set. It prevented me from having to buy setting lotion.

So I'm not using up anything but not buying anything either. I doubt that I will use up any more than 1 or 2 products between now and the end of the challenge. But I am happy with my overall progress and knowledge obtained. :yep:

NikkiQ

:woot: used up a condish last night cowashing :woot:

Gonna pop open another bottle probably or make tonight my wash night so I can twist it up again tomorrow during the day before heading out to do my promos that night.

greenandchic

I purchased four items during BF: 2 Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butters(BOGO free) and Mozeke Whipped Avocado Cream and Mango Cupuacu Holding Butter. I think my hair will soak all this up by the end of winter!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I bought a bottle of V05 Tea Therapy conditioner. It was on clearance for 49 cents. I plan on mixing it with my Queen Helene Cholesterol to give it some slip. I'm almost done with my current co washing conditioner and a braid spray. So overall, my stash is going down.

I still may need this challenge for next year though lol.

faithVA

I meant to use up the rest of the TW conditioner but I forgot :nono:

I am enjoying the AO Blue Chamomile even though I bought it by mistake. I am more than half way through the bottle so I am going to have to buy another conditioner before the end of the month. This time I will get the White Camellia so I can compare.

By the end of the month I can use up my Zuresh Leave-in, TW conditioner and my butter blend if I use them consistently. And I won't replace any of them. Will have to wait and see.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Finished AOHC, a bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave-In (but to be fair I went out and purchased five more bottles), and a bottle of Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Moisturizing Shampoo.

greenandchic

Finished my last bottle of Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk - I think its a staple for me now.

I cleared out so much of my products over the past several months. Most of what I have left is conditioners and oils which I use a lot of anyway so its just as well.

BreeNique

<3 <3 THE KENRA BITES THE DUST!! <3 <3

ya'll KNOW it took me forever AND A DAY to get rid of that delicious stuff. I put the last ounces of it in a bottle with VO5, and I'll use it as a conditioner. Over the holiday my cousin gave me a BRAND NEW BOTTLE of Kenra, so it's def a staple, but I won't be using the newest bottle until 2012. I'm SO HAPPY TO HAVE THAT HUGE, WONDERFUL, GREY BOTTLE OUT OF MY DRAWER!