Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Final Session (3)

JJamiah

I cancelled my Wen Vanilla Mint Order. I wanted it so bad but I have SOOOOOO much to use up :(

I felt bad. Not like I was told no. But you don't have to be told no in order to know your taking advantage! Plus This same week I bought the 613 so No Wen Vanilla mint for me :cry3:

I have used up nothing but I did start to pre-poo so that should be changing real quick :)

faithVA

I can finally get all of my hair stuff on 1 shelf. :yay:

My oils take up a good portion of the shelf. I think I have tried most of the oils I want to try and I won't repurchase most of them. Sunflower is still my favorite. So I will use the rest up.

I will need to restock on my staples this month because I am running out of
1. conditioner
2. henna
3. Terressentials mud wash.

All my other categories are set through the 1st quarter.

Aggie

I think I'm going to prepoo with the remaining bottle of boundless tresses I have. I need to make room for the rest of my KeraCare products I have not yet purchased.

BreeNique

i keep using things up! good times!

Pantene Pro-V DC mask is OFFICIALLY gone. it was nice, wouldn't repurchase it, but it's out of my life, so no complaints.

Next to be used up in 2011: my V05/ Kenra blend conditioner!

#hairwinning

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I bought some V05 conditioner but I used up my Proclaim Natural 7 oil and HELTR Leave-In. So yeah, stash is still going down.

Aggie

I threw out the remaining bottle of boundless tresses ladies and all the products I have left are pretty much staples and stuff I like using and will be repurchasing so I think my stay in this thread although short-lived, served it's purpose. I wish all of you the best in getting your stashes down:yep:.

faithVA

[USER=334345 said:
Ogoma[/USER];14825627]Please start another one for 2012. I need it!

[USER=10041 said:
JJamiah[/USER];14825725]@faithVA yes please start another for 2012. I enjoy this challenge :)
I am trying to do this all of 2012 myself :)

Sorry ladies, I won't be starting this challenge for 2012. I don't have a stash to use up :sad:

Hopefully someone with a stash will start this one up again. :yep:

faithVA

I'm sorry :sad: I found out this year though, its really hard to host a challenge that you don't participate in. You just always forget to check-in or update it. :ohwell:

But it has been a really good challenge. I think most people have really reduced their stashes.

You never know JJamiah, so one may swoop in and take over.

JJamiah

I really am glad I did this challenge. :) @faithVA, I found that I have not bought as much. I really also see I don't need as much either. :)

I found what I like and I found others I like incase of discontinued issues. :)

Thanks for a great challenge :)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Just finished off some Suave Toasted Vanilla and Sugar conditioner.

I've been keeping a for my hair and what I've been using, and it seems it takes me about a month to finish up a conditioner and moisturizer using them everyday. This is really helpful because now I can decide when to rotate other products in and when it may be time to replace something.

faithVA

I really am glad I did this challenge. :) @faithVA, I found that I have not bought as much. I really also see I don't need as much either. :)

I found what I like and I found others I like incase of discontinued issues. :)

Thanks for a great challenge :)

Thank You JJamiah

faithVA

I am scraping the bottom of my TW Herbal conditioner and my AO Blue Chamomile :sad:

So I have to restock next week because I don't have enough conditioner to do my hair next weekend. I do like the Blue Chamomile because I am sad its gone :cry2:

I am going to buy the GPB (?), the White Camellia (what I was supposed to buy the first time) and the Blue Chamomile, just in case I don't like the first 2. Since its only lasting me a few weeks, 3 bottles will get me to the spring.

I joined the Castor Oil Challenge so I purchased a bottle of Castor oil.

Haven't bought anything else and haven't used up anything else.

oh, yeah and my mud wash is on its way out. So I will need to buy 2 bottles of that in January. Will buy the lemon and the lavendar. Gotta have my mud wash :yep:

2 more weeks lady and this challenge is over. Get ready to post your final results.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Used up my Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade and Africa's Best braid spray. Neither is worthy of staple status so will not be repurchasing.

faithVA

Used up my TW conditioner. My Zuresh conditioner is at the very bottom. One more use. I had 2 sample bottles of Zuresh Detangler. Used 1 to do my twist tonight. Will use the other next weekend.

Ordered a bottle of AO GPB and AO White Camellia conditioner since the Blue Chamomile is almost gone. Also ordered Jane Carter Nourish and Shine since shipping was free and I got 10% off.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Used up my Garnier Pure Clean shampoo tonight. Will probably be done with a v05 conditioner tomorrow.

faithVA

Ladies, the end of the challenge is nearing but I say let's take it all the way through 12/31/2011. And let's post our results Jan 1st - Jan 7th.

There have been 3 phases of this challenge and this is the 3rd.

Starting Count (from your 1st challenge: Session 1 or Session 2 or Session 3)
Starting Count (from this phase of the challenge: Session 3)
Final Count (Count as of December 31st, 2011)

wheezy807, B_Phlyy, NikkiQ, Evallusion, Golden75, greenandchic, JJamiah

I will find the links to session 1 and session 2 and put them in this post.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
My count is pretty dismal. I didn't use much since I've been in Kinky twists for most of the challenge. I did toss something out yesterday, but I will try to get a count.

ETA - I realized I have a corner of Oyin left, I will be sure to use that up to have something to mark off:lol:

Last edited:

BreeNique

I gave a friend of mine some Skala, a NTM deep conditioning mask, and a packet of something from my 2012 planned stash.

I then gifted another friend with some Silk Elements, so I'll be down some for next year. I'm happy, though! It had to happen! Sharin' the wealth!

faithVA

For shame, for shame, I did not keep the challenger list updated. So I forgot you ladies

Ladies, the end of the challenge is nearing but I say let's take it all the way through 12/31/2011. And let's post our results Jan 1st - Jan 7th.

There have been 3 phases of this challenge and this is the 3rd.

Starting Count (from your 1st challenge: Session 1 or Session 2 or Session 3)
Starting Count (from this phase of the challenge: Session 3)
Final Count (Count as of December 31st, 2011)

@KumakoXsd, ZebraPrintLover, @Aggie, @JeterCrazed, @Napp

faithVA

If you ladies have any natural products you want to sell or exchange let me know. I may be in the market. :look:

NikkiQ

Since I know I won't be using up any more products by the end of the month, here are my numbers:

Session 1 Starting Number: 53/ Ending Number: 34
Session 2 Starting Number: back to 53/ Ending Number: 33
Session 3 Starting Number: 40/ Ending Number: 28

Not bad...not bad at all :look:

Last edited:

faithVA

Starting Count [Session 1]: 51

Starting Count [Session 3]: 15

Final Count [12/31/2011] : To be determined

faithVA

Since I know I won't be using up any more products by the end of the month, here are my numbers:

Session 1 Starting Number: 53/ Ending Number: 34
Session 2 Starting Number: back to 53/ Ending Number: 33
Session 3 Starting Number: 40/ Ending Number: 28

Not bad...not bad at all :look:

I agree not bad at all. I wanted to go all the way back to the beginning to really get a good feel for True Progress. :yep:

faithVA

I will probably end session 3 higher than I started. But I'm ok with that because my purchasing is under control, I purchase based on my hair knowledge and the majority of the products I know I will use. So even if I add things to my stash they don't last very long. My wish list is now very small.

NikkiQ

My main objective will be to use up all of these styling products I have next year. I'm getting braver with wearing my hair out more often now that it's getting longer so I'll be playing around with different styles every now and then.