Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 2

I let it sit over night; it sits on my hair for about 4-5 hours.
I am deep conditioning overnight because I am going to flat iron my hair tomorrow.

I used half a bottle of V05 today. I thought I'd use the whole thing. Surprised I didn't. I have it for the next henna use. :)

I looked at Aveeno, man that bottle was small. It had a cone in it as well. I didn't feel like going to Targe to pick up the Giovanni. I will pick that up over the weekend. I was washing my hair tonight and wanted a new leave-in so I bought Burt Bees Shiny Hair Conditioner. It's not a leave-in but its botanical, so I can use it as one. Using it now. So far I like it.

I think the Silk Elements has cones. But I will still look at the As I Am. And I know the Knot Today is safe. It maybe good to have a watery leave-in like Knot Today and then apply a heavier creamer leave-in on top of it.

Whatcha get?

I purchased:

Ojon damage reverse Restorative conditioner (trial size)
Ojon damage reverse Restorative Hair Treatment (trial size)
Ojon dry recovery Revitalizing Moisture Mist
DevaCurl Set it Free Moisture Lock (for my ng)-trial size
Aussie 3 minute Miracle Moist deep conditioner
MoroccanOil serum (trial size)
MoracconOil conditioner (trial size)
MoroccanOil shampoo (trial size)

My stash has dwindled and now I feel empty. I want to buy some co-wash conditioners :giggle:. I like rotating conditioners every day.

faithVA
I don't really use much on the ground anymore. My hair prefers liquids to heavy detanglers

Komaza Califia
Shealoe conditioner
SD wheat germ
Claudies 1. Isha Cream and 2.Moisturizing ends insurance
Darcy's pumpkin leave in
SSI vanilla

@faithVA you don't like CJ and SM products?

Hey NikkiQ :wave:

I assume CJ is Curl Junkie? Where do I get that? I've never tried it.

Shea Moisture products don't do anything for my hair. I think they are a little too heavy. I have tried most of them. I may not be combining products correctly for my hair. Maybe I should have applied the hair milk first and then the smoothie after it to see if it would work.

^^^Yeah it's Curl Junkie. I normally get mine online,but on their site they tell you the locations on ground to get it too.

What SM products did you try? Just the coconut and hibiscus?

^^^Yeah it's Curl Junkie. I normally get mine online,but on their site they tell you the locations on ground to get it too.

What SM products did you try? Just the coconut and hibiscus?

I don't know all of the names without looking.
Yes Coconut & Hib.. (milk, smoothie, mist)
Yucca & Baobob (milk & conditioner)

Is there something out of that line you recommend?

The yucca and aloe milk didn't do anything for your hair?

No. But I am thinking I need to use a milk and then use a cream. What do you think? I am so product challenged its terrible. The only things I know how to use are shampoo and conditioner :lol: After that its a fail.

On a positive note, I bought the Burt Bees Shiny Hair Conditioner and used it as a leave-in. I like it so far. It went on easy. Lots of things are hard to put on my hair because my hair is so dense and tight at the root. But I was able to spread this through. My hair dried soft. Don't know if it was shiner :look: There was less frizz as it promised. And my scalp doesn't itch.

No. But I am thinking I need to use a milk and then use a cream. What do you think? I am so product challenged its terrible. The only things I know how to use are shampoo and conditioner :lol: After that its a fail.

I never used both together lol. I usually paired up any of my SM products with just leave in or water.

I never used both together lol. I usually paired up any of my SM products with just leave in or water.

Now you know you confused me with that. :lol: So you aren't using your SM products as a leave-in? Cuz that's what I'm looking for, a leave-in. So what leave-in(s) are you using the SM with?

I'm looking for a leave-in to use after I condition (no cones) when my hair is wet. I don't use too many moisturizers after it dries because they do nothing at all. After my hair is dry it's almost impossible to remoisturize.

My Henna Hair day yesterday was amazing. I used Avon Advantage Moisture mask again :) sooooooo..... in love with this product. I am truly glad I am able to try out lots of products. I can't wait to try my samples. My hair is amazingly soft. I do plan to flat iron, might or might not happen LOL.

Thank You! Let me know how you like the DevaCurl Set It Free. I have a small bottle but no clue what to do with it :lol:

I do like this product. It keeps my ng moisturized. I spray it on my ng in the AM or in the middle of the day when my ng feels dry. I'm experimenting with different moisturizers from natural lines on my ng. So far this product is better than the Shescentit Moisture Mist.

Now you know you confused me with that. :lol: So you aren't using your SM products as a leave-in? Cuz that's what I'm looking for, a leave-in. So what leave-in(s) are you using the SM with?

I'm looking for a leave-in to use after I condition (no cones) when my hair is wet. I don't use too many moisturizers after it dries because they do nothing at all. After my hair is dry it's almost impossible to remoisturize.

:lol: my bad. I use the SM milk as a leave in from time to time but not the smoothie. That's what I pair up with a leave in. Usually Garnier sleek n shine leave in, Tresemme split end remedy leave in, or CJ smoothing lotion leave in. Just saying that I've never used the milk and smoothie together before.

:lol: my bad. I use the SM milk as a leave in from time to time but not the smoothie. That's what I pair up with a leave in. Usually Garnier sleek n shine leave in, Tresemme split end remedy leave in, or CJ smoothing lotion leave in. Just saying that I've never used the milk and smoothie together before.

:lol: Ok I understand now. This has been helpful. I have some ideas and will give them a try. Thanks!

But now JJamiah has me going to look for some Avon :nono:

@faithVA :sekret: :look: who me? :giggle:

I am truly shocked it worked. Right after Henna Too! last week was amazing but yesterday definitely surprised me. I have to struggle to keep my paws out of it today LOL

Are you co-washing/rinsing daily now? I assume you would want something reasonably priced? Have you tried Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Alba Botanicals Leave-in?

Are you co-washing/rinsing daily now? I assume you would want something reasonably priced? Have you tried Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Alba Botanicals Leave-in?

I usually cowash every 2 to 3 days. Sometimes I cowash daily. No not really looking for anything reasonable :look: My hair is so picky, I no longer worry about price. I've not tried Trader Joe's. When I am on the other side of town I will check it out. Or I will just order it online. I looked at Alba but maybe I only looked at the conditioner.

I'm headed to Target today, I will check that out.

I live on the country side of town so Target, Walmart, CVS & Walgreen are close. I have to pull up a mule and go into town to go to Trader Joes and Whole Foods.

Last edited:
When I CW I like to use matching products like I'm currently using HE LTR condish and HE LTR leave in. I think it helps when the products are made for each other on DC days I usually mix things up

When I CW I like to use matching products like I'm currently using HE LTR condish and HE LTR leave in. I think it helps when the products are made for each other on DC days I usually mix things up

I would like to do that. I just haven't found a line where it has more than 1 product I can use :nono: I am using the Deva Line to cowash. It's great for conditioning but as a leave-in it leaves my hair hard. I use AO conditioners. They really don't have a leave-in I can use.

Because I use more natural products and no cones sometimes that rules out a product. One product will be fine and the other will have cones.

But I am going to look at this Alba line. It looks like something I can use. And I do like the Giovanni SAS, so I will also try the Giovanni Direct.

I think this is a good suggestion. I just have to find a line that my hair likes multiple products in.

When I get a little more hair I will try some online products.

Back