June 2009~Hits & Misses~

Americka

June Hit: IC Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum. Giving my Phony-Bunning that Super Blinging Shine. It's like Glass.:lick:

Miss: So Far None. Conduct careful research on what I spend my Money on. So, that I will have measurable outcomes.:yep:

Not into having a bunch of Products Stacked Up in the Product Cemetery.:nono: So, when I make a Purchase, I try to be Strategic.

:lachen::funny: :lachen:

Amerie123

hit: mane 'n tail moisturizing conditioner (cant believe it felt so good on my hair)

miss: none I can think of.

Aggie

BIG MISS:

Aritha Powder
Tulsi Powder
Aphogee Pro Vitnmin leave in

I really don't get what these two powders are supposed to be good for when it comes to MY hair. The aritha powder makes my hair just plain parched and super dry, and the tulsi, I'm still trying to figure out what is it supposed to be doing for my hair. I will not be repurchasing these 2 powders:nono:. The Aphogee pro vitamin leave in is also quite drying on my hair. Urghh!

On the fence:

I loved UBH creamy leave in at first but now it just seems to weigh my hair down so I will be sticking with the

BIG HIT:

Rusk Sensories Leave in with Passion Fruit & Aloe:lick:.

NOT REPURCHASING:

I like NISIM, NIOXIN, BIOLAGE and FAST poos and conditioners but again, I will not be repurchasing them because of my desire to use more natural and/or organic hair products moving froward. I want to start limiting the commercial product purchases with the exception of Mizani and Joico perhaps.

Jason Naturals, Aubrey Organics, Giovanni, and some Mills Creek poos and cons are pretty cheap, very effective and are becoming my staple products. Did I mention they were cheap:yep::grin:?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Jason Naturals, Aubrey Organics, Giovanni, and some Mills Creek poos and cons are pretty cheap, very effective and are becoming my staple products. Did I mention they were cheap:yep::grin:?

And don't forget to consider: Natures Gate, Alba, Beauty without Cruelty, Dr. Bronners..........

Alba and Beauty Without Cruelty both have great Leave-Ins you might like. And Dr. Bronners has a good Coconut & Lavendar Leave-In that's pretty good as well:yep:

Aggie

And don't forget to consider: Natures Gate, Alba, Beauty without Cruelty, Dr. Bronners..........

Alba and Beauty Without Cruelty both have great Leave-Ins you might like. And Dr. Bronners has a good Coconut & Lavendar Leave-In that's pretty good as well:yep:

Hmmm, I've been hearing good things about the bolded. I might look into that one. Thanks IDTH.

chebaby

hit: oyin honey wash. this did nothing for me the first two times i used it but now i love it. i had to oil my hair before i used it and after i washed with it i had silky hair.

miss: jasmines silk deep conditioner this made my hair a big huge frizzy ball of mess.

MonaLisa

miss: jasmines silk deep conditioner this made my hair a big huge frizzy ball of mess.

ur head is another one that I seem semi compatible with...so when I saw you bought some of the hair products...and Fab was raving about them..
I know my hair ain't too fond of what Fab hair likes...so..I was looking for feedback from certain folks.

u were one of them.
just confirmed my initial instinct..

thanks for sharing..

adw425

I lurve Natures Gate condishes, jojoba, aloe, awapuhi, chamomile and it is funny that you mention all three of these because I have all three of the leave ins in my cart already at Vitaglo. They have been in there for several days waiting on me to complete my order. I don't really need any any leave in quite yet because I still have two-thirds of a bottle of a liter size of MOP leave in, but I have been wanting the Alba and BWC for about a year and I just keep hearing good things about the lavendar and coconut, too. I love the Dr. Bronners Shikakai soap in lavendar that I use as a shampoo, so....

Last edited:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit: adding coconut oil to my pre-co-wash dc. :lick: Don't know why it took me this long to try it.
Another hit: Suave coconut cond. don't know why I stoped using this for my co-washes.

Miss: Dc'ing and co-washing every other week. :nono: I have to dc and co-wash once a week to keep my hair soft and bouncy.

La Colocha

Hits: Hairveda
Moist 24/7 conditoner
whipped baggy cream.

This line is making me retire as a pj. Im throwing in the towel.

JusticeMe

Hits: Had to revert back to my old Mizani Bontifying Shampoo and Moisturfuse conditioner, it always give me the optimum body and bounce and never weighs my hair down.

Misses: WEN Sweet Almond Mint CC. I've tried this for two back to back co-washes and I'm not impressed. Maybe one day I'll try the Fig since it's supposed to be better for Fine hair.

La Colocha

Hit: Hairveda sitrinillah mask- very thick, creamy, orange creamsicle goodness:lick:. Made my hair feel like butter *parkay*:lachen:.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hits:

*L'anza Healing Moisture Kukui Nut Conditioner- Nicely moisturized and softened my hair. I've really enjoyed all of the L'anza conditioners I've tried so far :)

*Giovanni Power Treatment- Truly a little known gem. I did a search and it's rarely been talked about. This will definitely stay in the rotation, softened and moisturized my hair soooo well. My hair feels fantastic!

KynniB

HITS: everthing by Darcys Botanicals, Aphogee treatment, Hairveda methi sativa protein conditioner

MISSES daily cowashing and wet bunning (my hair turned into a dry frizzy mess without all my super moisturizers)

*fabulosity*

Hits: Hairveda
Moist 24/7 conditoner
whipped baggy cream.

This line is making me retire as a pj. Im throwing in the towel.

WHHHHATTever... I'll believe it when I see it..LMAO.

I need someone to tell me where YTC stuff is on sale this week...LMAO.. where is Shay????

ETA: Y'all are really trying to call my product feen out today...

<<runs out of the thread>>

Urban

HITS

- LTR conditioner and LTR Split End Protector Mask (love love love this, leaves my hair so silky) :lick:

- Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal

Loving the LTR line, now all I need to find is the LTR leave in and my life will be complete :yep:

MonaLisa

WHHHHATTever... I'll believe it when I see it..LMAO.

I need someone to tell me where YTC stuff is on sale this week...LMAO.. where is Shay????

ETA: Y'all are really trying to call my product feen out today...

<<runs out of the thread>>

I did my morning scan for Target, Rite Aid and Walgreens for East Coast sector...nothing to report on YTC sales.

Roger out.

Bluetopia

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Co-signing on that Taliah Waajid mixture. I decided to do this from a suggestion in another thread and it is magic. I had a half bottle and added rosewater and a tiny bit of castor oil (left out the glycerin as my hair has a love-hate with it)and distilled water and :grin: -- heaven in a bottle...

i think that was me again on that board :look: I first suggested that folks use rosewater and just recently started adding glycerine. funny how we keep running into each other around the TW mist. Glad its working for you too. I have super coily, thick, coarse hair so when things work for me i am super impressed.

I have 2 bottles of the Taliah Waajid mist, I DID have 3, but me and my family go through it like water :lol:

I'm gonna go to the health store and get some rosewater glycerin :D

I already tried half Mist and half rosewater. Now I'll try 1/2 Mist, 1/4 water and 1/4 rosewater glycerin

Yes this stuff is great and for some reason they make it super thick. making it stretch with the rosewater - or with rosewater and glycerin is now the only way to go for me. no sense using up all that goodness quicker than you have to

I just got some of this I will be trying it out.

Let me know how the QB honey balm works for you :) I was shocked that something so honey like could go on so well and unsticky on my dry hair :blush:. what type of hair do you have? im curious to see if it has the same softening effect for everyone or is it moreso for folks with thick coily hair.

BIG HIT:

Rusk Sensories Leave in with Passion Fruit & Aloe:lick:.

I want to buy this but how do you use it? I have a growing arsenal of staples so i want to make sure this isnt doing something i already have a "go to" for. my product junkie tendencies are being kept in check these days.

Last edited:

AllieCat0817

MAJOR MISS:
L'Oreal Sulfate Free Moisturizing shampoo...... RUINEDDDDD my hair (for a few days till I could get it back to normal). DRY, HARD, STRAW, MATTED, horribilllllll.

MAJOR HIT:
Aussie Moist conditioner as a cowash AND AS A LEAVE IN! Awesome awesome leave in. Replaced my PM The Conditioner

Ltown

Greyland

MonaLisa

You know my store did not have it in the hair section but in the skin care section because they have both the skin/hair stuff on sale. I'm not sure what part of New York you are but here is online paper link.
http://walgreens.shoplocal.com/walg...lgreens-090628&promotioncode=Walgreens-090628

I live in New York City....more specifically, Manhattan.
Thanks for the link though, I have it automatically sent to my inbox on Sunday mornings.

I went into the store, looked at every page of the hard copy of the flyer, looked on the shelf, asked the store clerk...and it was a negative for me.

So I will amend my statement, in my tiny city of Manhattan, the joint does not appear to be on sale. Congrats to all outside of my hick town that are able to participate in the sale.

I have two masks in inventory, so I'm straight.

I've been buying this for awhile, so know the locations for the products...thank you again though.

Last edited: