August Hits and Misses!

HoneyDew

VWVixxen said:
I didn't get too many more products this month after my initial splurge but I did try a different henna that was a definite miss: Red Rose Henna w/Amla and Shikakai. GRITTY with all sorts of 'thingies' in it, like little rocks or something. Wont' get this again: :nono:

Now, since today is 9/1/06...it's time to shop for September's reviews!!! :lol:

I had that problem with the Rainbow Henna. It had little twigs or something in it. It was harder to rinse. The Surya henna did not have that, but was still kinda gritty. I need to use them up so that i don't waste my money, but I am going to stick with the bulk high quality henna I think.

Honey6928215

Mine is pretty much the same.

Tropical Isle Black Jamaican Castor OIl
Miss Keys 10 en 1 Super Conditioner
Dr. Bronner's Liquid Pepperment Soap
Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Conditioner
Motions CPR

Want to try:
Motions Moisture Plus after Shampoo Conditioner. I've been reading a lot of positive responses.
That goes the same for QB Alma & Olive Heavy Cream.

Last edited:

aminata

Hits:

A couple of weeks ago I tried a sample of the Sunsilk green line for curly hair. I liked it. Funny enough it has the same base ingredients as the Matrix line for curly hair.

goldensugar23

hits:new ionic blow dryer...I have a lotta hair and it gets it silky straight in about 10 minutes wow!!:)

Lustrasilk tea tree cholesterol intensive hair treatment-My wet hair was soft enough to slide a comb through it.

revisted:Christina satin perm conditioning magic scarf-helps with the new growth and actually conditions my hair while its dry wrapped,leaving hair shiny and softer.(hard to find ,but when I do I buy at least 5)

Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol plus,triple acting formula-this stuff is 2bucks and makes my hair detangled and soft.However I prefer lekair shea butter cholesterol better...just can never find it.:(

Misses

Paul Mitchells "The conditioner"leave in.It has great ingrediants but it made my hair hard.

Jurys out:
Silk elements mega cholesterol conditioning treatment-I was a little bored,but will try to beef it up with oils and honey and give it another shot

Silk elements glossing polish-the shine (what little it gave me)didnt last long.I find I have to put alot of it on to get a little bling out of my hair,which results in product build up.I'm better off sticking to my coconut oil;).

Next on my list
Paul mitchells "The detangler" -I hear its the best
Mizani h20 intense night time
jojoba oil-will mix with other oils,to heavy alone on my hair.
A good flat iron that will not fry my hair.
Roux porosity control con
chelating shampoo

Last edited:

Prose Princess

Hit: NTM Mask. Y'all weren't lyin about this stuff! Made my hair super soft and gave pretty good slip. Because of the slip factor and price, I think I like it more than my beloved Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm! :grin:

CurliDiva

Hits: :D
Hask Straight Solution Hair Treatment
Frizz Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum
Molasses & coffee to color the hair
Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Spray
Ion Hood Dryer
Maxiglide
Washing hair in braids a la Crown & Glory Method
Washing 1x a week
NOT towel drying hair

Revisted Hit: ;)
Cream of Nature Nourishing Conditioner

Miss: :(
Sleeping in conditioner and any kind of overconditioning

Hi LovelyLionessa,

I need DETAILS about how to color with molasse and coffee because I love using molasse in my hair and could do two things at once.

TIA, Curli D:yep:

CurliDiva

My Hits all come from my kitchen:

Molasse (I rub this into my scalp and hair and leave it on as long as possible) - hair feels thick, rich and soft

Eggs for protein treatment - my hair feels stronger afterward (but no hardness or dryness like with commerical products)

On the Fence:
Honey - I so much prefer how my hair feels after molasse vs a honey treatment, but I have a huge bottle from Costo that I need to use up

LovinLea

Hits: Detangling with Olive oil

Misses: Care Free Curl I wanted to use it as a daily moisturizer but it's like water.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
HITS: Carel Soft bonnet Ionic Dryer- i really like this dryer! i was so comfortable the whole time i used it. it dried my hair in no time! the only con is that the high setting is super hot, so i kept it on low and it was just right.

Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo- loved it! i've never used a shampoo so moisturizing. i feel like it melted the tangles from my hair, and i didn't even have to use a lot.

MISS: CON Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner- this crap sucked. it didn't do any of the things it claimed to do, and the smell wasn't all that either. it made my hair really stiff and had the nerve to be greasy at the same time. i took it back today and got a refund.

Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner- i didn't feel like it was moisturizing. . the shampoo was more moisturizing than this!

chebaby

hit: my shea butter and coconut oil mix
kbb hair butter to slick the front of my hair back
essentials balms black soap

miss: so far my banana and honey conditioner is a bif miss

revisited hit: oyin burt sugar pomade

Vonnieluvs08

Hits-
JASON- Jojoba Condish
Vatika Oil- used this as a sealer & in a HOT with other oils and love how my hair feels..can't believe I was sleeping on it for so long:wallbash:
KBB Deep Condish- I liked it but not for the price

Miss- I can't remember right now...

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
oh i forgot another big MISS: Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment- it worked the first few times, but only while it was on my hair. i tried it a few nights ago and it didn't go well. its way to hard to spread, and it took to much effort to rinse out. its like that stuff was stuck to my head.

Lita

Hit-Komaza-Almond conditioning shampoo (no lather) & the califa hair cream.
Happy Hair Growing!

QBOE2001

Hit - Afroveda Curly Custard....I get hungry just thinking about how good it smells....
Nature's Edge Honey Verbena Poo Bar - left my hair really soft and was non drying

Miss - Aphogee Leave in Conditioner - don't know what I was thinking because normally I would not have looked at it twice but it was a free sample....(sigh)....I am such a sucker for all things "free".

On the fence - Henna (my hair felt so hard that I thought that if i touched it it would fall out). Keep in mind though this was my first attempt at self application and i'm certain I screwed something up. I'll try again next month and follow it with a better conditioner and see what happens.

QBOE2001

Oops...I almost forgot..... Another Hit was Hair Mastic's hair mask. I slapped it on, covered my head in saran wrap and steamed for 20 minutes. When I rinsed it out their was virtually no detangling required. Man I luv this stuff,,,,,:grin: