**June 2012 Hits & Misses**

Americka

Miss

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque - no slip! Will give it one more try as my main DC. Otherwise, it will be used as a pre-poo.
Queen Helene Cholesterol - nothing remarkable

Hit

Aussi Moist 3 Minute Miracle - great slip

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Lita

@Lita

I Agree. The ingredients are amazing and my hair is preforming very well with this product.

I could kick myself for not pulling it out sooner and putting it in Rotation (then I would have stocked up) SMH:nono: SMH:nono: SMH:nono:

She should really think about bringing this one back.:look:

btw: I also really love: Afroveda's Moringa & Ginseng Detangler and It's Perfectly Natural's Turn Me Loose.

(these two are very similiar/close to Claudies Leave-In).

IDareT'sHair AV Moringa & Ginseng is good too..Takes to long for delivery..
I'll place a order soon with IPN..Turn me loose..See what happens

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
AV Moringa & Ginseng is good too..Takes to long for delivery..
I'll place a order soon with IPN..Turn me loose..See what happens

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

I think You'd really like IPN's Turn Me Loose. :yep:

I definitely agree about AV.:nono: *it's a good product tho*:ohwell:

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
MISS:
'Kinky Curly Knot Today' on damp, freshly washed, towel dried, relaxed hair :nono:
-did NOT detangle my hair, gave me no slip whatsoever. will keep using GiovanniDirectLeaveIn until I find the perfect leave-in/detangler.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hit:
Claudie's Balancing End Insurance - Smooth, soft and shiny twists

On the fence:
IPN Marsh-Aloe Transitioning Cream - My hair stayed moist for a loooong time, so it's great for moisture retention. But my hair feels coated and slimy and weird. Doesn't feel like the moisturizer penetrated my hair at all. It's just sitting on top of my hair all slimy-like. :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
tiffers

I was gone pm you & ask you about that IPN Marsh-Aloe stuff? I had some flaking yesterday. It was like the product just "Flaked Out" on me.:perplexed

I thought maybe I used too much or something (as I tend to be heavy-handed):ohwell:

And I just ordered an 8 ounce.:nono:

I think Imma use that as a Cowash. It says can also be used as a Cowash.

Lita have you tried this one?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Lita @tiffers

Yeah, something is a little 'off' with that product. :look:

I thought it was just me using 'too much' (as usual), but I had product flakes all over my top yesterday.:look:

I thought I might hafta' re-wash.:ohwell:

I was gone pm @tiffers and ask her what she thought of the product, because I had read in another post, that she had used it.

Now I see.:lol:

Thankfully, that 4 ounce bottle was 'free' and me like a dummy ordered an 8 ounce bottle because it 'felt' so good.:spinning:

I'll use it to cowash with and call it a day.

tiffers

IDareT'sHair I was gonna ask you about it too! :lol: Did it feel slimy in your hair? It didn't give me slip or anything, just really weird.

Lita I like the other products from IPN that I tried, hopefully this won't happen again. Between the flaking that T experienced and my slimy hair, I don't think this one is a winner. :giggle:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
tiffers

No....My hair felt 'good' at first,:look: (that's what made me order an 8 ounce bottle), but as the day wore on I was combing and I saw all this product flaking......so then I started "massaging" and it was like a reddish-brown snowstorm.:lol:

I thought maybe I had applied too much? When the 8 ounce arrives, I'll use it as a Cowash.:ohwell:

Maybe you should try it like that too, and we can compare notes on it as a cowash.

I can tell you, it probably won't be a repurchase.:lol:

I agree, so far I like everything I have tried. (and wanted to like this one as well until I saw all that product flaking out errrwhere).:rolleyes:

tiffers

IDareT'sHair LOL @ the brown snowstorm :lol: I'll try it as a cowash and see how that works out.

What else have you tried? I'm thinking about getting that shampoo but ionno.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
tiffers You know I don't buy shampoos. Lita is lovin' HQS's Shampoo.

As Far as IPN I really like:

Turn Me Loose Detangler
Tea-Lightful Shine Pomade
Root Food *hair grease*
Replenish Treatment *pre-poo rx* won't repurchase cause I don't 'poo*
Encourage Growth Oil was good, but there are other "oils" that are just as nice.

I bought but haven't tried:
Tea-Lightful Quench Spritz
Nourish-Mist
Pumpkin Honey Butter *saving for Fall*

Lita

MISS:
'Kinky Curly Knot Today' on damp, freshly washed, towel dried, relaxed hair :nono:
-did NOT detangle my hair, gave me no slip whatsoever. will keep using GiovanniDirectLeaveIn until I find the perfect leave-in/detangler.

baddison KCNT did the same thing to my hair....Had to give it away...My hair hates it..

Happy Hair Growing!

anoriginalpyt

not a product, but a method:

I usually keep my natural hair separated in 6-9 sections when I wash. Unfortunately, I always seemed to have build up on my scalp when I'd check or style my hair after getting out of the shower

this week I washed my hair in only two sections- and it seemed like I got to my scalp
So much easier! I get out the shower and my scalp was clear...

I always thought my hair was do thick that more sections made it easier. For detangling, yes. But not for a clean scalp.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
As Far as IPN I really like:

Turn Me Loose Detangler
Tea-Lightful Shine Pomade
Root Food *hair grease*
Replenish Treatment *pre-poo rx* won't repurchase cause I don't 'poo*
Encourage Growth Oil was good, but there are other "oils" that are just as nice.

I bought but haven't tried:
Tea-Lightful Quench Spritz
Nourish-Mist
Pumpkin Honey Butter *saving for Fall*

tiffers

I forgot: Basil Lemongrass Hair Creme. I really like this one too. Mine is in a Jar, she has since put it in a bottle.:yep:

You might also want to ask Brownie518 and Lita what they've tried and liked/loved.:yep:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Huge, huge, HUGE hit: Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner (old formula)!

Man, this stuff is good! Last week, I followed up my DC by twisting my hair with this condish, a few splashes of Organic Now condish, and healthy heapings of glycerin and raw agave nectar.

When I co-washed and rinsed, my hair very literally felt like silk. It was so smooth and slippery. I airdryed overnight and used a little of the Nature's Gate Aloe Condish to prevent my hair from drying out. The next day, I applied my DC, sat under the dryer for 60 minutes and when I detangled and rinsed, once again, the silky silk-ness all up in the shower!

I whipped up some more NGAC, agave nectar, and glycerin with a few splashes of the Organic Now Condish, too. I used this to twist my wet hair and sealed with Blue Magic Coconut Grease. My hair is hiding under my satin cap and hat and when I touch a twist, I feel moisture and softness for days!

My new reggie will consist of co-washing with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat, DCing with Giovanni Nutrafix and everyday to every other day, moisturizing and sealing with NGAC plus the additives!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Products from "It's Perfectly Natural"

Newest Hit:
Hydroquench Coconut Lime Oil

Still Determining:
Hydroquench Coconut Mango Rx

tiffers

IDareT'sHair I am LOVING HQS Coconut Lime Oil right about now. Definite repurchase :lick:

Hits:
-Hydroquench Coconut Lime Oil - smells delicious and makes my hair really soft. Adds nice shine to my twists, too
-Hydroquench Puttyful - holds the edges down nicely
Silk Dreams Chocolate Bliss - My new infatuation. I looove the texture, looks JUST like whipped chocoloate mousse. I wanna just eat it up. Left my hair moisturized and fluffy and soft. Love it.
-Hairitage Cocoaloe Hair Hydrator - Makes my hair soft and happy and I LOVE the scent

Miss:
-Hydroquench Go Deep. Might as well have deep conditioned with air. Did nothing for me. No moisture, slip, softness, shine, curl definition. Nothing. So disappointing because the ingredients are great. :(

Ogoma

New Hit:
Jessicurl Aloeba for daily co-washing - great slip

Continued Hits:
CJ Curl Rehab
CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner

Neutral:
Jessicurl Too Shea - superb moisture, but not enough slip for me
Jessicurl WDT - an old favorite, but it is to thick to be in a bottle :nono:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Hit:
Mild Texturizer to cut shrinkage, and fight frizz
Tresseme Naturals
Silk Amino Acids

Miss:
That damned Denman Brush...

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I still had to keep hitting the bottle to get it out. If she wants to keep it in the bottle, she needs to include an adequate pump.

@Ogoma

I read that she said "people were using it daily" so, she decided to make it for Daily Use.:perplexed

I shole hope I can still find it in a Jar.:nono:

Coffee

Hits:

Ouidad Moisture Lock
Living Proof Restore Targeted Repair Cream
"BIG HIT" Shea Natural Keratin Damage/Repair African Shea Butter
"BIG HIT" Fresh Meadowfoam Cream Conditioner - expensive $32 fo 5.1oz
613 Replenishing Mist
Most Hyroquench products

Continue Hits

WEN MC
WEN GP
Any WEN Remoist
Any WEN Replenishing Mist
Santinique Hair Repair Masque
Renpure Ren Cleansing Sweet Pomegranate
Kerastase Oleo Relax
Envix 20 n 1

likeacharm

New Hit: Oyin hair dew!! :infatuated::infatuated::infatuated:

Continued Hit: Qhemet CTDG

I have finally found the perfect leave in/moisturizers for my hair! I can't imagine how my transition would be going without these products.

nymane

BIG Hits:

As I Am Smoothing Gel - firm hold when applied to damp 4b/a edges (tied down with a scarf for a little while), but dries so soft...love it!

Combing deep conditioner through hair - not for detangling purposes but to evenly distribute product on every strand

lamaria211

nymane said:
BIG Hits:

As I Am Smoothing Gel - firm hold when applied to damp 4b/a edges (tied down with a scarf for a little while), but dries so soft...love it!

Thats good to know cause my hair laughs at ecostyler:)