PinkAngel

Tried searching but didn't find a thread for this month:

I'm Relaxed 4a/b

HITS:

Keraphix + Herbal Essence + Mane N' Tail + Avocado Oil = Great Slip & Softness
Ion Protein Reconstructor
BBD Stretch (so far, so good)

MISSES:

Pantene Detangling Spray (did not detangle my hair, I'll have to try it one more time)

What were your hits or misses:

Faith

I was going to start one yesterday but forgot. Thanks :)

HITS:
Mega TEK Rebuilder. 10 out of 10

MISSES:
911 heat protectant : sticky hair..maybe it's better on wet hair ?? 5 out of 10
911 leave in (the watery one not the creamy one): tangled my hair, I had to wash it out ASAP and still got some knots. 0 out of 10

atlien11

Hits:
1. Hair Rush by New Chapter - this is a great spray in cayenne treatment w/ acv in it. Keeps my scalp fresh and tingly :grin:
2. Warm Ginger Oil by Common Sense Farms - Great oil sealant and it smells so good!

Misses:
Natures Baby Vanilla/Tangerine conditioner - Great ingredients but i couldnt stand the smell...surprisingly

Jury Still Out:
Burts Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar

Last edited:

peacelove

Hits:
Designer Touch Texturizing Relaxer in Regular
Joico Kpak shampoo
Joico Kpak reconstructor

Miss:
Nothing for this month

beana

aubrey's gpb is heaven for my hair
my black castor oil/jojoba mix is working well for me too

I wasn't too crazy about the salerm wheat germ mask... its hard to describe why i didnt like it, but i'll try. It left my hair very weightless and ful of body but my hair felt dry to the touch. It was the only new product i used that wash day. I expected more moisture

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Hits:
*Tropical Milk Protein conditioner--Dom. conditioner smells good and strengthens hair.
*Devacare Low-poo--gentle cleansing, removes light cones
*Jilbere shower comb--don't know what took me so long to get one :look:

Misses:
*Devacare One Conditioner--didn't do as much as I thought it would, won't buy again.

Nita81

Hits:
Denman brush (D5)
Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream
Qhemet Olive detangling cream
Homemade MTG with sulfur from www.baldwins.co.uk, coconut oil, and almond oil
Suave Honey and Milk conditioner

Misses:
No misses

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
HITS:
  • Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum (even better than my beloved NTM)
  • Mizani Botanifying Poo
  • Mizani Fulfyl Con (best used as directed on the bottle)

Aalize

HITS:
-Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave in
-Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil

MISSES:
-None to report yet

shortness

BIG BIG HIT: Sedal Leave in for fine hair.... my hair adores this stuff
Miss: Hair Spray... had a wedding to attend and did not want the humidity to mess up my hair.... The hair spray messed up my hair. But I already knew this.... Wanted to temp fate :confused:
Undecided: Garlic Oil

inthepink

HIT: Motions Weightless Clear Hairdressing - I tried this simply b/c I needed to get cashback at Walgreens! But it's actually a good product. It keeps my natural curls moisturized especially on dry curls. I don't plan on buying it again simply b/c I'm trying to stick to some main product lines and Motions isn't one of them.

Honi

There is no board.
Miss:
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Shampoo
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask

I didn't like either.

tenderheaded

I'm 4a/4b:

Hit - ORS Hair Mayo. I used this unstead of Aphogee before my relaxer. My hair felt strong and moisturized. I lost 15 hairs but I hadn't combed my hair for 3 days prior:grin:

Miss - Suave humectant. Does nothing for me. Sally's generic brand is much better.

morehairplease

atlien11 said:
Hits:
1. Hair Rush by New Chapter - this is a great spray in cayenne treatment w/ acv in it. Keeps my scalp fresh and tingly :grin:
2. Warm Ginger Oil by Common Sense Farms - Great oil sealant and it smells so good!

Misses:
Natures Baby Vanilla/Tangerine conditioner - Great ingredients but i couldnt stand the smell...surprisingly

Jury Still Out:
Burts Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar

this is on my 'to buy' list now! by chance have you tried their berry poo?
tia,
tishee

Synthia

HIts:

* Daily ACV spritz under conditoner!: Ok, I've been doing ACV rinses once a week since Dec or Jan. But I had no idea the marvels of using it under a conditioner until I read about it in the archives this week. And I hadn't thought about doing a lite ACV treatment with a spray bottle. It's so light, you can do it daily.

So this week, I'm doing an ACV spritz on my hair in the shower before my daily condition wash. I leave it in and slather on conditioner for 3 minutes while I'm showering. When I rinse it out -- I really don't even need a comb to detangle. My hair is soft and untangled. I'm amazed!!:)

* Colorfix: Last month Colourshines black orchid colored my highlights turquoise. While Colorfix could not lift all the turquoise out, it did remove the deep, blue black color that was too Morticia like for me with no peroxide or ammonia. It's made by Jherri Redding. I bought it at Robertcraig.com. This allowed me to do a somewhat softer dark shade.

* Chocolate Brown powder color by Robert Craig: Much like Bigen this uses no peroxide or ammonia, or alchohol. It's very gentle and gives good coverage. My hair is not as hard afterwards as it is with Bigen and this color, to me, fades less than Bigen.

* Airdrying for Aphogee Treatment. At first I didn't like doing this with heat and was going to throw my Aphogee away. But someone suggest airdrying. And that worked FABULOUSLY!

* Humectress- I used to use it years ago and stopped because I was using too much and my hair was getting too soft. Now, I know how to use it in small dabs and it's the best leave in for me.

Misses:
* All Ways Oil Moisturizer -- I used to love this stuff and couldn't live without it about 7 years ago when I had below shoulder length hair. But for some reason it's too heavy for me now. :( Weird.

* 911 leave in-- too thick of a liquid for me.

* Aphogee spray in/leave in keratin and green tea restructizer: Too drying, even though my hair loves protein and I probably use more protein than the average person.

* HOney in conditioner-- OK, so mixed olive oil and coconut oil in my conditioners for a deep moisturizing treatment has been great. This week I tried to add honey. Well I must have added to much ...or perhaps I shouldn't have heated the concoction :p...but I had to shampoo after the deep condition because some strands were sticking together. I'm so glad I didn't get under a heat cap. I fear I would have glued some strands together!...I'm scared to try honey again. :(

sassyhair

HITS:
dax super gro organic oils grease
Infusium 23 leave in original

MISSES:
plastic round bristle brush
mendex treatment in a packet from sally's
cantu no-lye relaxer (big huge gigantic miss)

UNDECIDED:
apple pectin shampoo and conditioner

angelbaby

HITS:
Affirm Sustenance Conditioner (I'm glad someone on here caused me to revisit it. I didn't like it at first, but for some reason it now works on my hair. Made the strands feel stronger and more substantial.

Affirm Fiberguard Normal/Regular. It was about time I started using the proper strength on my hair. No more of the underprocessing I was getting from the Mild. It didn't take as long to work either.

MISSES:
Qhemet EVERYTHING! YUCK! Left my hair a hard greasy mess. The concept is great, but it just sits on top of my hair and does NOTHING for it.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
HITS:
  • Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair (I hadn’t used it in about a year and forgot how good it is)
  • Mixture of Water, Terax Miele Shampoo, Humectress, & Castor Oil in an applicator bottle for a moisturizing cleanser when my scalp was feeling cruddy. Worked great! :up:
  • S-Curl
  • MTG & Calm Coat combination (still experimenting) :sekret:
MISSES:
  • Ion Protein Reconstructor (I had a sample packet. Not good. I had to install a replacement Aphogee treatment.)
UNDECIDED: (as I am in search of a good leave-in for the fast-approaching summer months … )
  • Paul Mitchell’s “The Cream” (doesn’t seem to give enough slip)
  • Bed Head Ego Boost (I use it during the winter, but am finding it does not cut it as the weather is warming. Otherwise, it is a “Hit” usually. I may try mixing it.)

erin558

Hits:
Elasta QP Moisturizing Shampoo for Relaxed Hair
Fantasia IC Straightening Heat Protectant w/aloe
Infusium 23 ( so far )
Ion Ionic Bonnet Dryer
Affirm Lye ( mild; fiberguard )

Miss:
NEXXUS THERAPPE

carameldiva

Hits:
Dr. Woods Almond Castile soap with shea butter and Dr. Woods Liquid Black Soap -
www.drwoodsproducts.com or www.myvitanet.com (very gentle, yet cleansing shampoo and smells absolutely divine)

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa hair conditioner( what can i say this is da bomb diggity)- softens, conditions and moisturizes

Last edited:

sareca

Hits
Affirm Sustenance Conditioner
Amla Oil -- my hair loves amla
ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer
Fantasia IC Oil Moisturizer
MN

Misses
Jamaican Mango and Lime Cactus Leave in -- Yuck! What is this stuff?

atlien11

tishee said:
this is on my 'to buy' list now! by chance have you tried their berry poo?
tia,
tishee
Tishee, i just saw your post. I havent tried their berry poo but i was eyeing some of their other products. I couldnt believe how good their warm ginger oil smelled along with the others ones they sell. Its that scent that makes people ask..."what perfume are you wearing"? :grin: The ingredients are heavenly too. www.CommonsenseFarm.com

myco

Hits:

Rusk Smoother Leave-in. Doesn't have the best smell, but it does work for detangling and smoothing. Hair airdries with no frizz.

Vitale Life and Body Relaxer Ideal. This is the formulation for fine and color treated hair. I had a hard time finding it, but it gave great results without me having to "doctor" it up like I was for the Life and Body Regular formula.

Aussie Moist Conditioner: Great for conditioner washes. The scent lasts in your hair for days afterwards.

Jilbere Titanium 1 1/2 inch Flat-iron. Gave me smooth, silky hair and I only had to use level 5. Fast heat up and the plates are thin enough to get to my roots, but wide enough to straighten a whole section of hair in just 1-2 passes.

Motions CPR: I always come back to this for deep conditioning. I just love how thick it is and how it just grips the strands of my hair. I always feel guilty about the mineral oil, but I just like this stuff. Except for the nut and berry flakes that get left behind.

Misses:
none

Undecided:
Ion Deep Conditioning Masque - Great texture, but not sure if it actually hasn't any benefit on my hair.

CurliDiva

Hits:
Surge 14 (this is a KEEPER!):)

Miss:
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Repair Cream (this left a white film in my hair):perplexed

kristina

Hits
Castor Oil on Wet Ends
Box Braids
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (love the smell)

No Misses!