June 2010~Hits&Misses~

Platinum

Hit:

Ecostyler Olive oil gel
Sealing with castor oil (black and clear)
Jibere Shower Comb
Knock-off Denman brush
Cantu Shea Butter leave-in (my hair likes protein)
Wild Growth Hair Oil (regular and light formula)
Suave Damage Care Conditioner (protein condish, similiar to Redken)
Suave Humectant

Last edited:

KinkyGenius

Miss: Bee Mine Deja Hair Milk
I really wanted to like this product but when I applied it as a leave-in to towel dried hair it went on a bit....sticky? gummy? I'm not sure which word I'm looking for, but it just wasn't a good feeling. And once my hair dried, my hair didn't feel moisturized at all. I used it 3x just to be sure that it was a failed product for me. Plus, the smell is a bit too sweet smelling and strong for me. Thankfully I only ordered the sample sized.

Miss: Kukui Nut Oil as a sealant
My hair felt SO coated and greasy even when I just used a little bit. This oil sits on my hair it doesn't absorb at all. I'm now using it up by mixing it in my DC and so far so good. I'm sticking to Camellia Seed oil for my sealant, no oil has proven to be better than this one for me.

Hit: Redken Anti-Snap
I bought this awhile ago but then read a few reviews on here that it dried out your hair, so I just stored it. It actually leaves my hair feeling very strong, not dry at all. I'm noticing far less breakage and split ends as well. I'm currently 4 months post relaxer and the extra strength I get from this is right on time.

Last edited:

chebaby

hit: kinky curly knot today. i love this stuff almost as much as i love kbb hair milk. it is a staple. makes my hair so soft and defined.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
HUGE HIT:up:--I rarely come over to the hair side any more and post even more infrequently, but this was so great I had to come tell it! Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo has CHANGED MY LIFE. I bought this for my 4B natural DD and it made our hair time better and quicker than ever before. I have never, EVER been able to detangle and get her hair done this easily and quickly. It made her hair super soft and smelled really good too. I :love: it! I found it at Target for $12.

SelfStyled

MAJOR HIT- Elasta QP Elucent Gel-the best brown gel ever! Hold like no other, defintion like no other, slick I mean really slick my 4 a/b edges down. The best part no protein in it either. The best 4 dollars I ever spent.

MSLONG

Hit:

Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer :yep:

I used this last night before my rollerset and got amazing results.
I'm going to use it again the next time I rollerset to see if I get the same results. If so, this stuff is going to become a staple for me. I can't believe I slept on this one for so long!!!

Last edited:

JaszyFaye

Hits: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave- In and S-Curl
Huge Miss: Eco-styler gel. I used this to do my twist and now my hair has these small gummy orange balls in it.

danibot

Hit: Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

I'm late to the game. Just tried this for my wash and go's and despite the mineral oil my hair loves it. The smell takes some getting used to.

achangedlife

Hits: Everything I bought from CIBU
Geishaliscious Color Protecting Shampoo
Hi Ya Reconstructive Conditioner
Miso Knotty Detangling Leave In
Spring Roll Styling Creme
Shashini Thermal Shine Spray

Spring Roll Hydrating Cleanser
Spring Roll Hydrating Conditioner
Wok This Way Scultping Sauce
Sticky Rice Pomade

Miss: Carol Daughter's Hair Balm

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HITS:grin::lick::

Mozeke Coconut Kokum Hair Milk
Mozeke Avacado Whipped Hair Cream

CONTINUED HITS:grin::lick::

KBB Hair Milk(s)
BeeMine Luscious Balancing Hair Cream
Hairveda Sitrinillah

maxineshaw

Hits:

Olive Oil (staple)
Prepooing with it before I shampoo
Ditching the comb when detangling (instead I fingercomb, and then use my denman brush)
Suave shampoo and conditioner (staple)

I usually don't claim staples, but this time around I am so confident in these hits...y'all jsut don't know how happy I am right now.

Miss:

None.

SignatureBeauty

HIT: Mizani Butter Blends Relaxer

I used it to texturize my hair, and it made my hair so soft and my curls so lovely, I didn't have not one burn or stinging or relaxer smell to my hair after it was all said and done.

Misses: None

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Continued Hits: Taaliah Waajid Proctective mist bodyfier, and EQP Mango butter

Recent Hits: Rice bran oil, Taliah Waajid Condish, L'Oreal Nature therapy mega moisture. AO Island naturals

Misses: AO Island naturals used alone to DC. Acts like a med protein on my hair. It made my hair soft but a bit dry, had to follow up with a more moisturizing DC and then it was all good.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit: going back to rollersets, my ends are thanking me. I love having shiny, bouncy, soft hair again.

Another hit: Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment Cond. works good as a dc esp. mixed with an ORS pack.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits.....:grin:

Mozeke Whipped Avacado Hair Cream & Coconut Kokum Hair Milk
KBB Hair Milk *various scents*
Alba Botanica Tropical Rainforest Capuacu Deep Hydration Conditioner with Jojoba Oil & Coco Butter -- For Co-Washing

crvlngrhair

HITS:
HE None of your frizzness leave in
Skala SB masque mixed with Kanechomn chocolate
Skala G3 con, leave in & masque
Wave Nouveau Finishing mist
Argan Oil
YTC hair & scalp mud mask
YTC conditioner
Skala Avocado conditioner

Revisited hit:
Caruso Steam rollers

HUGE MISS:
Skala Aloe Vera (the entire line) - no slip at all, hair was a tangled HAM
Silken Child Silk Moisturizing Creme - left hair feeling greasy

Simply_elle

HITS!:yay:

Ecostyler gel (clear)
Nexxus Humanectant in the jar...and bottle
One and only argon oil tx

Misses!:nono:
Joico K-pak shampoo and conditioner (left my hair ugh...my bf LOVES the shampoo though so all is not lost:yep:)

teacherjess

Hits:

1. Rediscovered Aphogee 2 min Keratin Reconstructor condish! :grin:
2. Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 :lick::lick:

Misses:
1. The "new & improved" ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer in the bottle...this stuff is crap!:wallbash:

fivetimestwo

Hit: Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Finishing Cream-excellent for twistouts and braidouts :grin:

Misses:
Shea butter on my texlaxed ends (I'm transitioning),
Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 (didn't notice anything special, don't know what all the hype is about)
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in (again, didn't notice anything special):nono:

CofCGrad1997

Hit:
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Condish (looove it...so moisturizing, makes the hair so soft)

Miss:
Aphogee 2 Step (just don't see where it did all that much to my hair)

Barbara

Princess
Hit: Silicon Mix Conditioner :superbanana:

I added olive oil and jojoba oil to it, and the price is nice. I will add this to my permanent collection of conditioners.

Last edited: