June 2010~Hits&Misses~

lovelexi

Hit: HE None of Your Frizzness Conditioner for my co washes, NTM Leave in
Miss: None so far, hope to keep it that way

rastapretty

Miss: Curlformers ...that thing rip off most of my hair got to give up. Was do looking foward to it.
Hit: Silicon Mix Protein de perla

Ms.Christ3n

Miss: Creme of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave-In Conditioner

It did absolutely nothing for my hair, and if anything I think it made it more dry! Humph! Waste of my $8...I could have went to the tanning salon today!

PJaye

Misses:

Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm - it made my hair hard and tangled
Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-in - it also made my hair hard; it must be the aloe in it
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner - I gave it another shot to no avail; it sucked even mixed with oil

Continued Hits:

Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm - I love this stuff; it's uber moisturizing and detangling
Skala Shea Butter Conditioner - the best leave-in conditioner
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler - this has totally replaced my ApHogee 2-Min.

EbonyCPrincess

Hits: Home rollersets (I'm addicted again), Parnevu Organic Hair Mayo AND AOHSR. The combination of the three....hair so soft I can barely stop touching it.

Misses: NONE! Thankfully!

beautyaddict1913

I luv this thread! I can't wait to try kbb hair milks!

Hits thus far:
Mixing dc w/ coconut, castor, and avocado oil
Yes to Cucumbers conditioner
Kinky Curly Come Clean

Miss:
As a product junkie I feel like I'm never gonna be done with the experimentation phase! Even though something works I always feel like there just might be something better! And not to mention the need for back ups just in case they discontinue my holy grails! Poor me lol!

O yea and i tried the silk wrap I raved about and after leaving the saran wrap on and adding heat I ended up with a deep condition! My hair was drenched lol! Total fail! Never again!

Sade'

Hits: Hawaiian Silky 14, Ampro Brown Gel, CON Rosemary & Lemongrass Leave In Cond, Roux Mendex, HE Helo Hydration & Aussi Moist. AND my new heating cap!

Misses: Silk Elements Deep Conditioner, My last sew in

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HIT:

Goldwell's Intensive Treatment for Dry & Porous Hair!:grin:

ETA: Curl Junkie's Banana Hibiscus Deep Conditioning Treatment

Last edited:

simplyhair

HITS:

1. Malibu 2000 Crystal Gel Treatment...meaning, I can still see and feel the results since the application on June 1st.

As daily moisturizers used only in the evening.
2. Cantu Break Cure
3. Hawaiian Silky 14in1
4. Cantu Grow Strong
5. Cantu Leave in

Disclaimer: I know the Cantu has protein but I believe my hair is enjoying these products since my Malibu treatment.

Revised Hit:

6. Pin Curling, now my hair comes out similar to a flexi rod set or rollerset thanks to the YT vids I checked out recently. I use to roll my pin curls a little differently before.

Last edited:

Ms.London

Hits : Bee Mine Sulfur Serum (Island Mango Scent)
: Suave Tropical Coconut Poo and Condish!
: 100% Raw Honey
: Mehandi BAQ Henna (as usual)

EHH : Darcy's Botanical Daily Leave In - Great Quick Detangler! But not so much moisture it dries out in about 2 mins after you put in on and offers no definition!

lovelexi

i take back what i said. NTM leave in is a MISS. to much build up. seems to just coat the hair.
more hits: bee mine deja hair milk

Ms.London

Epic Fail : Organic Coconut Butter/ Oil and Shea Butter as well!

They both leave my hair crunchy and horrible...my hair even started to break uncontrollably...had to let them go quick...i just use them on my ashy feet now!

bellesocialite

HITS:
Frequent co-washing
Wash and gos

UNSURE: John Frieda's Dream Curls spray - My curls for my WNGs were just as defined as before I began using it.

MISSES:
None

pjbapb

Miss: My brand spanking new maxi glide! I straightened my hair for my first ever length check last night and now I so don't feel pretty! :nono:I miss my curls!

ETA: I've been lurking for so long I didn't even realize that this is my first post on this board! LOL

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Continued HITS:

YTC mud mask
Renpure moisturizing condish
Elucence MBC
co-washing daily
wet bunning
Mega-Tek
Ovation CT
overnight baggying

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:

Pompous Blue

HITS:

Christine/Gant.etsy.com
Brownbutterbeauty.com
Herbal Rich Hair Butter (potent infusion of herbs to feed and nourish your hair and scalp). I love this butter; keeps my hair moisturized for days. Not greasy or sticky.
Moisture Milk Spritz (organic green tea, nettle, and marshmallow root extracts); melts my tangles and knots away

QhemetBiologics.com
I love the combination of Honeybush Tea Soft Gel and Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee for my braid outs. Hair stays moisturized.

Just purchased a steamer – And what took me so long?? I can’t say enough about steaming.
1) Henna – Steam for 1 hour. No longer have to henna for 4 to 6 or more hours. I henna to condition and color my hair a dark brown color. It takes 1 hour now instead of several hours. And I no longer have to DC overnight to get my hair back moisturized and soft.
2) Hot oil treatments
3) Deep conditioning treatments
4) Light conditioning treatments
5) After applying hair butters, sealing and French braiding my hair, I steam for 15 minutes. I no longer baggy at night.

No misses.

curlyninjagirl

Hits:

Aubrey Organics HSR conditioner
Yes to Carrots
Pantene Clarifying Shampoo
Creme of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo (new orange bottle)
Coconut Oil

Misses:

Olive Oil (Scalp hates it!)
Baggying! (Yuck!!)
Daily Co-wash/rinsing (Hello moisture overload)
HE Hello Hydration conditioner (Build-up galore and it burned my eyes!!)
Giovanni SAS conditioner (made my scalp itchy and flaky, possible allergic reaction)
ETA: Aloe vera juice (Yuck! Made my hair feel like hay! I don't care what magical properties it has, I am never putting that stuff on my hair again!)

Last edited:

davisbr88

Hits
Products: Elasta QP Olive Oil Mango Butter Moisturizer; Donna Marie Moisture Mist, Miracurl Curling Gelly, and Miracurl Detangler and Conditioner; Bee Mine No-Sulfur Serum, Bee Juicy Spritz; Skala Ceramides G3 Leave-In; IC Fantasia Gel with Sparklites; ORS Lock & Twist Gel; Hibiscus Petal Powder; E-Z Comb for Bunning; Una Bomba Dominican Protein Conditioner
HAIR STEAMER (Best purchase of the year)
Styles/Techniques: Braid 'n Curl; Southern Tease Bun

Misses
Products: Bee Mine Bee Loved Hair & Scalp Moisturizer; Shea Butter (!)
Styles/Techniques: Baggying; Twist-Outs

Last edited:

Vonnieluvs08

Hits:grin::grin:

Mozeke Almond Pudding
Mozeke Kokum Coconut Hair Milk
Mozeke Babassou Twisting Butter/cream
Jessicurl WDT
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment
HV Acai Condish for detangling
Tresemme Naturals Moisture Condish for cowashing
Layering products for twist outs
Chunky 3 Strand Twist Outs

Miss:nono:

Accidental Protein Overload
Wash n Go's-tangles & dryness

Day Dreamer

HITS

African royal BRX Braid spray (was juicing and completely unaware of it)
Suave almond and shea butter conditioner (tried it a second time and it was heavenly)
Organix coconut conditioner (very thick and moisturizing)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued HITS!

KBB Hair Milk
Mozeke Whipped Avacado Moisturizing Hair Cream & Mozeke Coconut Kokum Hair Milk

New HITS!

Curl Junkie Banana Honey Hibiscus Deep Conditioning Treatment
Goldwell Treatment for Dry & Porous Hair
Skala Ceramides G3 Masque *as a replacement for Matrix Biolage Ceramides*

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
New Hits:

Hempseed oil: I know oils don't add moisture, but my hair feels more hydrated when I seal with this oil. It's light and softens my hair too.

Continued hits:

Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner :lick: Moisture and slip for daaays.

Rice bran oil Great as a pre-poo and sealant.

Hit turned Miss:

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture DC: The first time it was nice, good moisture, decent slip. But then I tried it like 5 days later YECCCCKKKKK!!!! :nono: No slip at all, and made my hair feel coated in a strange way. I had to do like 2 DCs to get it back to normal. What happened? IDK but its going @ the back of the stash. Can't afford any setbacks :nono:

nymane

Continued Mega-Hit: Hairveda's Whipped Gelly

I'm 18 weeks post; it really defines braid outs and other textured styles & it leaves my hair super soft...amazing :love:

30something

HIT
Suave Aloe & Water lily
It smells sooooo amazingly gooood. It conditions really well maybe because it has aloe vera and honeysuckle. Its such a stable.

Wet Bunning, what a time saver..