June 2009~Hits & Misses~

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Look I'm not messing with ya'll I go to these damn stores and the YTC is never there!!!! Being the pj that I am I have found some other places to get my YTC.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Let me know how the QB honey balm works for you :) I was shocked that something so honey like could go on so well and unsticky on my dry hair :blush:. what type of hair do you have? im curious to see if it has the same softening effect for everyone or is it moreso for folks with thick coily hair.

I have used it once and I want to use 2-3 more times before deciding. I used it on dry hair and it seemed to do the job. Basically I have been wearing a lot of twist outs and I used the QB honey balm to hold down my hair in the front. Usually it poofs up a little during the day but that day it stayed the same. I'm thinking of trying it tonight to do a dry twist out. What type of hair do I have :lachen:? Girl, I don't even know. I am 6 months post this week and I still don't know. I have about 3 inches of new growth too. I'm guessing I'm a 4ab.

MonaLisa

I have used it once and I want to use 2-3 more times before deciding. I used it on dry hair and it seemed to do the job. Basically I have been wearing a lot of twist outs and I used the QB honey balm to hold down my hair in the front. Usually it poofs up a little during the day but that day it stayed the same. I'm thinking of trying it tonight to do a dry twist out. What type of hair do I have :lachen:? Girl, I don't even know. I am 6 months post this week and I still don't know. I have about 3 inches of new growth too. I'm guessing I'm a 4ab.

Hmmm..let me try that cous...

I was looking at it this morning like wtf am I really going to do with this..
the consistency is still throwing me off...getting adjusted to it.

I am in :love: with the burdock root (shout out to Toy) and will be reordering!

I'm going to attempt a curly braidout one mo again using these products before I go away...see if the qhemet will work.

RubyWoo

Major Hit:

Abba Pure Moisture Conditioner: This makes my hair soooooooooooo soft! This is the softest my natural hair has EVER been. I even like using it more than shea butter..surprisingly. This is definitely a keeper.

MonaLisa

Yeah, NY is messing up. I just checked online for the BK locations, no YTC sale. I checked with a NJ zip, they have YTC sale :look:

Thank you so much Tarae for verifying that my arse wasn't crazy...

I ain't dippin to jersey for it though... :lol:

Aggie

Hits:

*L'anza Healing Moisture Kukui Nut Conditioner- Nicely moisturized and softened my hair. I've really enjoyed all of the L'anza conditioners I've tried so far :)

*Giovanni Power Treatment- Truly a little known gem. I did a search and it's rarely been talked about. This will definitely stay in the rotation, softened and moisturized my hair soooo well. My hair feels fantastic!

I have not heard of this tiffs. Where did you get it from? Is it a protein or moisture treatment?

Charz

Sinister Minister
HIT: Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee

This stuff is great. I can't detangle with wet hair soaked with conditioner. I have realized that I need to dry detangle. This stuff is awesome. It makes dry detangling so much easier.

I have not detangled fully (with a fine tooth comb) in like six months. I was able to do that with the CTDG. I used my shower comb first and then my fine tooth Demann.

Love it!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Hit:
Beauty Without Cruelty Aromatherapy Conditioner made my hair so soft and moisturized. I'm gonna keep this in heavy rotation

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I have not heard of this tiffs. Where did you get it from? Is it a protein or moisture treatment?
I got it from www.iHerb.com. I've been having it for a few weeks but was scared to use it because I thought it was a protein and protein is the LAST thing my hair needs right now! I was so shocked when I used it, I just love it!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hit--Qhemet Honey Hydrating Balm. It is good for doing dry twist outs and laying my edges down in the front on dry hair. I think I tried it with wet hair and it did okay also. At this point nothing is laying down my "kitchen" so I can't give a mark against it for that.

beans4reezy

Sta Soft Fro. Man, my NG was killing me until I spritzed them with this. The smell reminds me of Jeri Curl juice, but my hair is thanking me for it this morning ;)

chebaby

hit: suave tropical coconut conditioner
hit: moisturizing with a light leave in like kbb hair milk at night now that its hot. my hair just drinks it right up.

adw425

I don't (didn't) use olive oil because it dried my hair out horribly, but I bought some Kallisto EVOO from the farmers market and thought, what the heck, I'll try it to seal my hair and it is hands down the best oil I have ever used to seal. Yesterday, at the farmer's market I bought Ybarro EVOO and, same thing, awesome sealing in of moisture into my hair and silky hair the next day -- and wonderful frizz control. I think I was unsuccessful with olive oil/EVOO earlier because I was using store brands.

sqzbly1908

Hits -
MOP Extreme Moisture
Paul Mitchell Super Strong Liquid Treatment
Paul Mitchell Super Strong Shampoo
Jonathan Ionic Balance Shampoo
Honey Prepoo

cookie1

Hit: Revisted baking soda rinse..hair is silky soft and just look really sheek! Nothing else has done that to my hair.

Ivie184

Hits:
-Hairveda Moist Condition 24/7 : I :heart2: this conditioner. I use it as a leave-in by itself or mixed with a little bit of castor oil and it leaves my hair soft for days.
-Green Tea Herbal Butter : Good stuff but it stinks.

Last edited:

chebaby

hit: hairveda whipped gelly. this stuff is magical. i love it. it will most def be a staple. i will be ordering the 16oz at the end or middle of this month.

chebaby

I don't (didn't) use olive oil because it dried my hair out horribly, but I bought some Kallisto EVOO from the farmers market and thought, what the heck, I'll try it to seal my hair and it is hands down the best oil I have ever used to seal. Yesterday, at the farmer's market I bought Ybarro EVOO and, same thing, awesome sealing in of moisture into my hair and silky hair the next day -- and wonderful frizz control. I think I was unsuccessful with olive oil/EVOO earlier because I was using store brands.
evoo dries my hair out too. the only way i can use it is to mix it with other oils because by itself my hair is so brittle feeling.