June 2009~Hits & Misses~

n_vizion

Hit: Keracare Humecto's new thicker richer formula. It stays put on wet hair. No conditioner run-off.

Also bought Roux Hair Repair treatment. Jury is still out.....

*fabulosity*

right now im going to say blended beauty curl frizz pudding is a hit. my hair is soft with a slight hold. i didnt read that it was like a gel until after i used it. next time i will use it over the curl styling butter instead of under it.
hit: AO island naturals conditioner, the one with coconut milk. i love it.

I'm going to agree with the BB frizz pudding. All of my samples came from Sistas place (I wish she had them for everything).. I twisted the back with the curl frizz pudding and the front with the BB silk shake (the front is finer..didn't want hard twists)... I AM IN LOVE!!! I will buy the regular size.. I have two other BB samples.. Straight Pearl and the light styling lotion and I can't wait to try them. I think the price is why a lot of people aren't raving about this stuff.. even as a PJ I was looking like :look:.. $19 for real blended beauty???

La Colocha

Hits: Yes to cucumbers conditoner,leaves my hair nice and moisturized. I like yes to carrots too, but something about the cucumbers gives me more moisture when air drying.

Hairveda almond glaze on damp hair is the buisness. It leave my hair soft with a little hold, and minimizes my frizz.

Homemade dc- a concotion that turned out great makes my hair soft and shiny.

Miss: Yes to carrots mud mask,:look: I could not help to try it but i don't like it. The conditioner and mask have alot of the same ingredients but my hair was not having it. The conditioner is better for my hair. After rinsing the mask out my hair felt nice, but upon drying my hair started to feel rough like i did a protein treatment.

Brownie518

Hits:

* Linange no lye Shea Butter relaxer
* Linange Restructuring Mask

Using these, my hair came out just right. It was so silky, full of body, shiny, and nice!! :yep: Definite keepers!!! The mask was moisturizing and detangled my hair nicely.

shtow

Hit- NOT mixing my protein and moisture DC. I decided to stop being lazy and do protein first and then moisture. My hair kept its moisture so much longer and is def stronger.

chebaby

hits: aussie moist. i cant believe i waited so long to try this. it is excellent as a co wash, deep treat and a leave in.
elasta qp mango butter my natural hair loves this on wet hair as a moisturizer. my relaxed hair hated it
ojon restorative treatment my natural hair loves this as an overnight treatment
hairveda whipped gelly this slicks my hair back and keeps it soft
denman d 3 gave me the most beautiful baby afro

chebaby

I'm going to agree with the BB frizz pudding. All of my samples came from Sistas place (I wish she had them for everything).. I twisted the back with the curl frizz pudding and the front with the BB silk shake (the front is finer..didn't want hard twists)... I AM IN LOVE!!! I will buy the regular size.. I have two other BB samples.. Straight Pearl and the light styling lotion and I can't wait to try them. I think the price is why a lot of people aren't raving about this stuff.. even as a PJ I was looking like :look:.. $19 for real blended beauty???
youre right, i think the price throws people off. i like the frizz pudding and the syling butter but i doubt i will re purchase. because of the price and also because i LOVE curls and kbb products and oyin 10 times more. i do want to try the silk shake too but i think i will hold off for a while.

MizzBrown

MISS:

-Nexxus Phyto Organic Humectin Conditioner...To be so expensive it sure was horrible. Felt like it just sat on my head, no penetration even with heat on my DC. No slip, no extra moisture, nothing to write home about.

Taking it RIGHT BACK to the JCPenney Salon for a refund/exchange.

Daisimae

MISS:

-Nexxus Phyto Organic Humectin Conditioner...To be so expensive it sure was horrible. Felt like it just sat on my head, no penetration even with heat on my DC. No slip, no extra moisture, nothing to write home about.

Taking it RIGHT BACK to the JCPenney Salon for a refund/exchange.

Oh wow! My hair loves this stuff.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Miss--Roux Porosity Control. It made my hair dry and stringy. Products just sat on my hair. It was difficult to rinse products out. Also my hair was difficult to get wet. I was using it to replace my ACV rinses which I do every wash or cowash. That was too much with this product. Regardless I won't use it anymore. Back to the acv rinses.

Hit--QB heavy cream.This came right on time. I needed to get moisture back in my hair after the PC fiasco. I put this in my hair overnight sealed with vatika frosting and covered with a plastic cap. The next morning my hair was soft & moisturized.

Last edited:

soonergirl

miss: gvp paul mitchell the conditioner.. I put it on after my dc and bunned my hair, it left it hard... did I do something wrong???

Aggie

Miss: Pantene ProV Relaxed & Natural Deep Conditioning Mask
Amazing how different our hair is because my hair loves this:lick:...Problem is, moving forward I want to use more natural products and that's probably the only reason why I won't repurchase it, but I still have another jar left to use up for now:yep:.

exubah

Hits

AO GPB - Love this on dry hair
AO HSR - Love dc'ing with this mixed with EVCO on dry hair
Aussie Moist Conditioner - Great for co-washing
Henna + Indigo - 2 step for black hair (awesome turnout but the Indigo was real messy)
Lacio Lacio - love
JBCO - absolutely love....great for sealing ends!

Miss/On the fence

Optimum Bodifying Relaxer (Mild) - I look texlaxed (really underprocessed) and my temples were coming out in clumps a few days ago which may be a result of this particular relaxer

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hits

Henna + Indigo - 2 step for black hair (awesome turnout but the Indigo was real messy)

Miss/On the fence

I look texlaxed (really underprocessed) and my temples were coming out in clumps a few days ago which may be a result of this particular relaxer

Don't you love Henna/Indigo? Somebody just told me today, my Hair was Blingin':look:. And I ain't got but 2 strands.

The Instructions that came with mine said, both should have the consistency of stirred yogurt. So, if it isn't, you probably made it a little too runny.:yep:

About the Clumps, do you think you neutralized properly and removed all of the relaxer out of your temple area?:ohwell:

Charz

Sinister Minister
Miss- Hairveda's Whipped Clouds

The smell made me sick to my stomach and gave me a headache. I couldn't bring myself to put it in my hair or on my skin.

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
^ It smells like rancid vegetables to me. :barf:

.......I think the scent is supposed to be cucumber. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
^ No I haven't gotten the Sitrinillah yet. On the site she doesn't offer samples of that product. I have to catch a sale to try that out, its supposed to smell like orange sherbert right?

All of the other products I have tried from HV smell awesome though!

I usually don't get phased with smells so I thought I was trippin. But my cousin and FH thought the same as well.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
^ No I haven't gotten the Sitrinillah yet. On the site she doesn't offer samples of that product. I have to catch a sale to try that out, its supposed to smell like orange sherbert right?

All of the other products I have tried from HV smell awesome though!

I usually don't get phased with smells so I thought I was trippin. But my cousin and FH thought the same as well.

Yes.....:lick:

Sitrinillah Smells Wonderful

shelly25

Hits: YES TO CARROTS!!!!!!!!!!!:lick:.. cured my horrible dry spell:yep:
Suprise hit: Yes To carrots Body Butter:lick: my new dry hair moisturizer:drool:

Misses: That damn Lanza healing color trauma treatment:wallbash: I tried to make that ish work, found out that was the cause of my dry a** hair

Consistent hit: Rusk Smoother x emu oil x Biolage Cera Repair... I love this for my braidouts:lick:

I see some ladies have mentioned this Yes to Carrots line. Where can I find it? I've never heard of it.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Oh and another

Miss:

KBB hair milk

I made sure I got the unscented version so I wouldn't be biased because of the scent. I wanted to see how the Hair Milk performed rather how it smelled. I used it as a leave in at night, and woke up to matted dry hair. I usually use QB AOHC as a leave in at night and have never had a problem.

Then I used it during the day as a leave-in a couple days later. It was a humid day. The reason why I mention the humidity is because the Hair Milk has glycerin which is a humectant. Humectants absorbs moisture from the air, so when the humidity is high enough your hair will be moisturized. However, if the humidity is low, it will draw the moisture from your hair making it dry.

Even on a hot humid day it dried my hair out. I think it is because of the vegetable wax, which seems to be a key component of this product.

Now my FH uses it, he has 2b hair. He likes it.

Last edited:

cookie1

Hits: Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm, ACV rinses, ShescentIt moisture mist,

Miss: I'm not sure of Salerm b5 21 leave-in, not sure of KeraCare moisturizer w/ jojoba oil

Brownie518

Mizani Thermasmooth conditioner - BIG HIT

From the first time I used this, I noticed my hair was silkier, smoother, and had more swang. I love it!! New staple.