APRIL HITS OR MISSES

lahennesy26

CurliDiva said:
Hits:
Surge 14 (this is a KEEPER!):)

Miss:
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Repair Cream (this left a white film in my hair):perplexed

CANTU BREAKCURE STRENGTHING LEFT THAT SAME WHITE FILM IN MY HAIR I HATE IT.

myco

CurliDiva said:
Hits:
Surge 14 (this is a KEEPER!):)

Miss:
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Repair Cream (this left a white film in my hair):perplexed

Do you use the Cantu on wet or dry hair? I only use it on wet hair, but I could see how it would leave a film on dry hair. Also if I don't rub my hands together well enough before applying it to my hair, I sometimes get little gobs that just sit there until I work them in.

vickid

HIT: APHOGEE! APHOGEE! APHOGEE!
MISSES:
Ion Protein Reconstructor-My hair was still shedding badly so I went back to Aphogee!
Dudley's Reconstructor-A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY! Again, back to Aphogee!
911 Leave In-Did absolutely nothing for my fine hair!

BrownBetty

Synthia said:
HIts:

* Daily ACV spritz under conditoner!: Ok, I've been doing ACV rinses once a week since Dec or Jan. But I had no idea the marvels of using it under a conditioner until I read about it in the archives this week. And I hadn't thought about doing a lite ACV treatment with a spray bottle. It's so light, you can do it daily.

So this week, I'm doing an ACV spritz on my hair in the shower before my daily condition wash. I leave it in and slather on conditioner for 3 minutes while I'm showering. When I rinse it out -- I really don't even need a comb to detangle. My hair is soft and untangled. I'm amazed!!:)

* Chocolate Brown powder color by Robert Craig: Much like Bigen this uses no peroxide or ammonia, or alchohol. It's very gentle and gives good coverage. My hair is not as hard afterwards as it is with Bigen and this color, to me, fades less than Bigen.

Do you make your own ACV rinse or do you buy it premade? Where do you get the color from (Robert Craig)? I use colorshine to but I want an alternative. Thanks!

MizaniMami

HITS:
Honey & Various Oils added to Humectress-made my hair feel like butter, but too soft. Great for hair that you want to be super soft.

Hemp Seed Oil- Great dark oil, very goes on very light.

MISSES:
CON poo
CON conditioner

STILL ON THE FENCE:
Aphogee Keratin 2 minute conditioner
Rosehip Oil
SCurl, great for moisture but after 2 days hair feels like wax!

THINGS I WANT TO TRY AGAIN
Aphogee for Damaged Hair, followed by Humectress/honey/various oils
CON shampoo

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
angelbaby said:
MISSES:
Qhemet EVERYTHING! YUCK! Left my hair a hard greasy mess. The concept is great, but it just sits on top of my hair and does NOTHING for it.
You know, I was really excited about this product line when it first came out. I have gone through every product and I've just been dissapointed. Which reminds me I forgot to put a miss

MISS:
Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter Balm---this was my last hope for one of these products to work for me...this did nothing, my hair felt sticky if I applied it to damp hair and just oily if I applied it to dry hair.

MiWay

Hits:
Suave Milk & Honey conditioner
Jane Carter Solution Nourish & Shine - LOVE this stuff
Jane Carter Solution Condition & Sculpt

Misses:
Amla oil - Did absolutely NOTHING for my hair, except make it stink

Undecided:
Lenzi's request - not finished yet
La India - not finished yet
(I alternate between Lenzi's and La India each week)

Last edited:

sassyhair

I love the cantu leave-in...you should only use fingertip amount. I scoop up just a lil on four fingers and I only use it on wet hair...with this you definitely need to use a lil it is creamy so a lil is all you need.

Doremie13

Hit: Ion Reconstructor Treatment :grin:
Stopped breakage, minimized shedding and detangled my hair.

Miss: Surge 14
Had a bad experience using it on dry 16+ weeks post NG :eek:, but I plan to try it again with some oil during my next stretch.

HoneyDew

MISS!!!:

Frédéric Fekkai Style Glossing Cream. Got a sample from Victoria's Secret.
It made my Hair soft, but left a yellow glittery build up. YUCK! I clarified it out immediatly!!

Tene

Hits:

Vegetable Glycerin
Coconut Oil (Revisited)
Nature's Gate Awapuhi Shampoo & Conditioner (revisited)
Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade
Smooth N Shine SuperShine Conditioning Gel
TIGI Bed Head Shine Junkie

Misses:

Pantene Detangling Spray
TIGI Bed Head Control Freak

Last edited:

Synthia

MissVee said:
Do you make your own ACV rinse or do you buy it premade? Where do you get the color from (Robert Craig)? I use colorshine to but I want an alternative. Thanks!

My ACV rinse is homemade and nothing special but it sure works. I just put a capful of Heinz ACV in an empty spray bottle and filled the bottle up with spring water. I leave it in my shower.

I order the Robert Craig haircolor from http://www.robertcraig.com

BrownBetty

Synthia said:
My ACV rinse is homemade and nothing special but it sure works. I just put a capful of Heinz ACV in an empty spray bottle and filled the bottle up with spring water. I leave it in my shower.

I order the Robert Craig haircolor from http://www.robertcraig.com

Thanks!

How does RC compare to colorshines?

princesmich

Hits:
Garnier Fructis fortifying cream conditioner - my new staple and sooo cheap
Terme hair care anti-hair loss shampoo
Neutrogena triple moisture - hair serum - love love love

misses:
ultra black hair deep conditioner
ultra black hair moisturizer

Divine Inspiration

Hits:
ORS Replenishing Pak
Nexxus Botanoil
Nexxus Keraphix
TIGI Bed Head Control Freak (WONDERFUL product!!!)
Coconut oil
Aceite 3 oil

Misses:
None

Synthia

MissVee said:
Thanks!

How does RC compare to colorshines?

It's hard to compare:

Colourshines is said to make your hair stronger. Some folks use it just for that. RC doesn't really have any strengthening properties, but it's not damaging.

Neither one gave me a glassy shine, which Colourshines is supposed to yield.

RC is permanent and does not bleed at all. Colourshines is semi-permanent and bleeds onto things.

RC covers white/gray hairs WELL. Colourshines may make white hairs or light colored highlights a weird hue, depending on the type of color you select.

RC is applied to dry hair without heat. With Colourshines you wet hair and get under a dryer. I really didn't like that part. Using heat.

But to be honest, I really wanted to try Colourshines again but with a neutral color that didn't have any red, green, or blue undertones. I should have gotten a neutral shade of brown. But I have the occasional white hair (at 34, like everyone)...and I'm just so scared I would have these little turquoise or green hairs once I go into the sunlight, like before..... also using the heat...and the bleeding ...was annoying for me.

Neither one will lighten your hair (they don't use peroxide). Both are safe for relaxed hair.

I wanted to try henna, but feared it would negetively interact with my relaxer.

If you try RC and don't like it, you can always use their Colorfix and lift off the color....

MonaLisa

Honi said:
Miss:
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Shampoo
Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask

I didn't like either.

Really?

I tried the sample of the poo and really liked it...
was getting ready to give the mask a try as well.

*let me find out Honi will be having some items in the exchange/sale section*

LABETT

Hits
Barry Fletcher Cool Revitalizing Conditioner
Barry Fletcher Major Moisturizing Shampoo
Jamican Mango and Lime Island Oil
ORS Herbal Cleanse Dry Shampoo
Praital Silk Worm Conditioner
Gorganic's Scalp Treatment and Braid Spray
Gorganic's Deep Freeze Follicle and Scalp Aborsbent Shampoo-love the tingle
Gorganic's Deep Freeze Scalp Stimulant Conditioner

Jury Still Out
Barry Fletcher HoneySuckle Shampoo

Misses
None

nfynit_812

HITS:

*My concotion of mango butter, honey, advocado oil, olive oil & vitamin e...melted everything down in the microwave and stirred until it solidified...I use it for daily moisture (or every other day).

*Nexxus Humectress-I add it onto my hair after applying the Nexxus KeraPhix while deep conditioning...

*Miss Keys 10 en 1-I love the smell!!! I use it as an alternate to deep conditioning, and just follow up with a moisturizing conditioner like Kenra MC.

*Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus-I add olive oil and honey to this, and my hair LOVES IT!!! The best thang...and I got it at Sally's for 99 cents!!!

Oh, and I got a Sally's discount card...and I bought the Gold 'n Hot 1400 Wat hard bonnet...works like a dream!

Hits:
My sample of Phyto 9 moisturizer, it's the perfect consistency for my hair, but $24!!!!!!!!!!!!...I don't know if my college student pocket can afford it
Jojoba oil- this EO is nice and light, why didn't I buy this before
Jane Carter Solutions Nourish and shine- me likey

Miss
ORS Olive Oil in Jar- horrible left my ends feeling very dry after every use

lexi08

IntelligenceisBeautiful said:
Hits:
My sample of Phyto 9 moisturizer, it's the perfect consistency for my hair, but $24!!!!!!!!!!!!...I don't know if my college student pocket can afford it
Jojoba oil- this EO is nice and light, why didn't I buy this before
Jane Carter Solutions Nourish and shine- me likey

Miss
ORS Olive Oil in Jar- horrible left my ends feeling very dry after every use

Are you using the Phyto 9 on wet or dry hair?

morehairplease

atlien11 said:
Tishee, i just saw your post. I havent tried their berry poo but i was eyeing some of their other products. I couldnt believe how good their warm ginger oil smelled along with the others ones they sell. Its that scent that makes people ask..."what perfume are you wearing"? :grin: The ingredients are heavenly too. www.CommonsenseFarm.com

thanks atlein11!