Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Session II

@HijabiFlygirl, I don't even write my wish list down. So most things I don't even know the name of :blush:. Most of my wish list can be bought locally.

So let's see
1. Want to try the mud shampoo from Sally's
2. Silk Elements Conditioner
3. Something by Enso's (no particular product)
4. Jane Carters nurture and shine
5. Beautiful Curl (creme and gel)
6. One of the Givonanni Conditioners
7. Trader Joes conditioner
8. Shea Moisture Mist
9. The leave-in/moisturizer Ms. Lizzia recommended (no idea the name)
10. A shampoo bar
11. Something by Qhemet
12. Queen Helene's gel

I wasn't excited typing it out :lol: That's good so I wont' be making any mad dashes to the store.

faithVA - The only thing keeping me sane is making a wish list, and it is long! I started listing products, but got cumbersome, so listed vendors/companies:lol:. But I am getting focused.

Haven't used up much, I am moving so I packed everything except for a few condish/DC's, oils, leave-ins. I am trying to use up stuff I whipped up. I could not believe how many boxes were hair products! Thank goodness SO was not home to see it.

^^I thought I was the only one making wish lists. Unfortunately as of late I have been going absolutely bonkers and getting everything on these list

@faithVA so I packed everything except for a few condish/DC's, oils, leave-ins. I am trying to use up stuff I whipped up. I could not believe how many boxes were hair products!

That is why I started the challenge. I packed to paint. And I was like there is nooooo way I am packing all this stuff when I move. That experience woke me up.

<3

UPDATES!!
-i finished up my NTM (for better of for worse...it was my go-to leave in)...but....
I picked up some Kinky curly knot today leave-in/ detangler! Just used it tonight, it seemed just fine! I look forward to it in the future! So while my stash hasn't changed (still the same number), i'm happy i get to use a new product.

It's looking like my conditioners (Kenra, Organix) are here to stay for a while, and everything I have will be enough for at least the rest of the summer/ into the fall. So right now, I'm not buying anything new. I'm using what works, co-washing 2-3 times a week (more like 2), keeping the brush away!

I haven't used anything up really since last week. I have a stash of things in my Zappos box and a closet full. LOL

I am good with DC's for a while
Proteins for a while
Hair Cleanser definitely for a while, That gallon will last me a long while LOL

Only thing I see myself running low on is Henna :( and Indigo and their mix ingredients.

I'm working so hard to use up my homemade leave-in to go to the bear fruit, I put it in the freezer till I need them, half way finished with one bottle of suave conditioner, and does it count that I gave away some henna and the other I put in another bottle of conditioner. I also finised up my ApHogee 2 part!

Is it too late to join? I just took a pic of my stash & it was worse than I thought...I NEED HELP YALL!!!!!!! :look:

Attachments

• ProductJunkie.jpg
    ProductJunkie.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 19
I'm working so hard to use up my homemade leave-in to go to the bear fruit, I put it in the freezer till I need them, half way finished with one bottle of suave conditioner, and does it count that I gave away some henna and the other I put in another bottle of conditioner. I also finised up my ApHogee 2 part!

If you have more space, less jars then it counts. :yep:

Finally used up the Carols Daughter Lisas hair elixir. Seems like it too forever. Not close to using up anything else. Using up my oils a little at a time with oil rinses.

Finally used up the Carols Daughter Lisas hair elixir. Seems like it too forever. Not close to using up anything else. Using up my oils a little at a time with oil rinses.

I used to love her Hair Elixer years ago. When im out of oils (which probably won't be until winter), I think im gonna revist this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail

I used to love her Hair Elixer years ago. When im out of oils (which probably won't be until winter), I think im gonna revist this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail

Evallusion, you can have that. Its too lethal for me. I dont know how many times I have blinded myself rinsing it out. I think I will just try some hot six oil. :yep:

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship gone!

Shampoo (All are staples, wont change unless I cant find my CON once I run out)
Crème of Nature Professional Detangling Shampoo
Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo
ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair

Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship (staple)
Dollar General: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Aussie Moist Conditioner
Salon Care Honey and Almond Conditioner

ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (staple)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Conditioner
Protein DC mixture
Aussie 3 min Deep (2)
LeKair Cholesterol Plus (Will repurchase once I am done with the Protein DC mixture)

Leave-In/Moisturizer
GVP The Conditioner- Leave In Conditioner (Paul Mitchell) (2) (staple)
Mane ‘n Tail Detangler
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector (5)(staple)
Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème
CHI Keratin Mist
African Royale BRX Braid & Extentsions Spray
Infusium 23 Repair & Renew Leave-In Treatment

Oil
African Royale Hot Six Oil
Safflower Oil
Coconut Oil
Wheat Germ Oil

Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Amla Powder
Brahmi Powder
Indigo Powder
Henna Powder (4)

Other
CHI Silk Infusion (2 bottles)
CHI 44 Iron Guard-----TRASH:nono:
KeraCare Foam Wrap Lotion
Motions Foam Wrap Lotion
French Stabilizer Plus
Ecostyler Clear Gel
Nexxus Emergencee (I really liked this I will def. repurchase)

I feel like such a slacker. I haven't used up anything in the past 2 weeks b/c of these braids!!

I feel like such a slacker. I haven't used up anything in the past 2 weeks b/c of these braids!!

I think its slow for a few of us. But after the slow period will be a time of knocking several things out in a row, so it will balance out in a while.

I have braids in as well and can't wait to take them out.

I'm itching to take mine out too....I think I will today. They're starting to unravel. Might do another set of semi-mini twists instead.

I am going to go ahead and knock this out the way (Nexxus Emergencee)....sometimes this weekend.

I tried the AOHSR last night. Not thrilled. I will give it a few more tries though. What I am finding is my hair likes thinner DCs vs the thick ones. This DC reminds me of Kenra MC which was nice and thick. It felt great on my hair but once rinsed out it didn't seem to do anything. The TW conditioner is thin and running. Feels fab when I rinse it out.

We shall see. But if it doesn't work out I think I have learned something about the type of DCs my hair likes.

The month has gone by so quickly. Of course I am thinking about what I will purchase for August already. I think I am going to try the Shea Moisture hibiscus .... mist. I plan on putting my hair in twists this weekend and it would be nice to have a moisturizer to spray on.

I still need a good leave-in but my mom purchased the KCNT. I'm going to give that a try. If I don't like it I think I will try the Shea Moisture leave-in. So the question is does my hair like a thin leave in or a thick one. :think:

used up Label.M Intensive Mask - I'm sad I don't have any back ups of this product. I love it. ugh. (still looking at the empty container - longing)

used up Label.M Intensive Mask - I'm sad I don't have any back ups of this product. I love it. ugh. (still looking at the empty container - longing)

That's a good sign though. When you use up a product and you feel like that then you know its a must have and put it on your staple list. :yep:

1 bottle of Trader Joes's Nourish Spa gone. But I have 3 more to go, I used my july freebie and bought 2 bottles. This is my staple detangler/co-wash :drunk:

Back