**August Hits & Misses**

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
HIT: Heating up my DC for about 30 seconds then donning a conditioning cap for a few hours!

I still get all the benefits of a good DC but without sitting under my hood dryer to do it! Such a time saver and I can even DC at work (don't judge me!). Love, love, love it and will now reserve sitting under the dryer for those days when I really, really want to which will mean like, the 12th of Never...

Babygrowth

Miss:
Claudies Balancing Quinoa and Coffee Cream- made my hair feel rough and dry. I will try the moisturizing one though because this one just didn't work for me.

NIN4eva

Hit and Miss: Main and Tail Detangler. My hair LOVES this stuff, especially my new growth. But I've confirmed that it give me hives... Big itchy hives. I'm having a major case of the sads about it.

innerbeautyy

NIN4eva said:
Hit and Miss: Main and Tail Detangler. My hair LOVES this stuff, especially my new growth. But I've confirmed that it give me hives... Big itchy hives. I'm having a major case of the sads about it.

- dang, i was going to pick this up monday : /

Keshieshimmer

HIT:Hercules sagemann mini star rake comb

So glad I spent the money. I have less long strands being pulled out by my shower comb. I think I will treat myself to another comb soon.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Hit: Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

Too bad it's so expensive. I would totally make it a staple if it was cheaper.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Keshieshimmer said:

So glad I spent the money. I have less long strands being pulled out by my shower comb. I think I will treat myself to another comb soon.

I want one of these...

Angelinhell

Oh, almost forgot. The new hg formula of mizani butter blends! It is AWESOME! If you gave up on it because it didn't get your hair staraight enough, definitely try the new formula. It still doesn't get bone straight(or at least not my coarse hair), but a straighter than texlaxed, with a subtle wave(lol if that makes sense, although I suppose it could get your hair bone straight if tou left it on long enough). It only comes in mild and normal strengths.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Miss: Tresemme naturals as a leave in. way too heavy and moisturizing

Maybe try it in a spray bottle? I mix mine with water & coconut oil, and mist my hair at night before putting on my buff. It's the best spray bottle mixture I've done yet. :yep:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Hit:
Eco Styler Krystal Styling Gel

Mega Hit:
Mixing 1 part World of Curls Activator Gel, to 2 parts Eco Styler Krystal Styling Gel, with a lil fragrance oil. My WnG was on Fyah yesterday!

lamaria211

Keshieshimmer said:

Where did you purchase it?TIA

fatimablush

One n only argan oil curl cream and one n only argan oil styling cream.

i used both on seperate occassions but they made my texlaxed hair poof, frizz and dry it out really bad...

i gave them to my neighbor since she love it so much in return she gave me a bottle of leave in conditioner called leave in conditioner from Straight Request called Restart MS 350 Leave in Moisturizing Conditioner. i can't wait to try it.

Angelinhell

fatimablush Could you let me know how you like the straight request leave in? I have been looking for a better leave in. I have their fixative deep conditioner, I was using it earlier this year and I loved it. I gave it to my mom though, because I went back with keracare products.

fatimablush

@fatimablush Could you let me know how you like the straight request leave in? I have been looking for a better leave in. I have their fixative deep conditioner, I was using it earlier this year and I loved it. I gave it to my mom though, because I went back with keracare products.

okay...i am washing my hair tomorrow night after i workout. i will let you know.

Ogoma

The greatest miss of all
Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner: the first time a conditioner has dried my hair out. How is this possible?

InBloom

In my new-growth
This week was my first time cowashing with it. It was good, has great slip and my scalp did feel clean. Not much of a difference from any of the conditioners I already cowash with but I will continue to use it

Finally picked up a tub of this today. I'll be seeing about it this evening. :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Hairveda Conditioners for Cowashing
Hairveda's Avosoya Oil
Hair Trigger Growth Elixir
Jasmine Bath & Beauty Conditioners
Afroveda's Moringa & Gingseng Detangler

Soul♥Flower

Hit: Keeping hair twisted
washing hair in section
Darcys botanicals cocoa butter moisturizer.

Miss: darcys botanicals Tahitian vanilla butter somethin or other.

demlew

Continued hit: NTM Silk Touch as a daily moisturizer
Garlic + honey DC (reduced shedding and moisturizing) - shoutout to Nonie for dropping the knowledge on shedding and easing my fears :)

New hit: Co-wash with Redken Smooth Down (9 weeks post and stretching)

innerbeautyy

NIN4eva said:
Keshieshimmer & @innerbeautyy

Yeah, I kept the whole thing and tested by using it on and off to confirm it was the problem (and because my hair loves it) so I used too much to take it back. You should still try it though. I have not heard reports of breakouts from others about it, so it could just be my problem. :ohwell:

I'm so sorry that you had an allergic reaction to it. How long were you using it before you noticed a breakout?