**August Hits & Misses**

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Miss: Organic Root Stimulator Hair repair anti breakage creme
it gave me dry yet oily hair. i am so disappointed!

Juliene

Napp said:
Miss: Organic Root Stimulator Hair repair anti breakage creme
it gave me dry yet oily hair. i am so disappointed!

Shea Moisture : moisture & retention shampoo--it made my hair very very dry.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Let me know your results...I used it again this past weekend

Regarding the As I am Coconut cowash....

I bought it and used it that night because I'm a freak about new products...no way I could wait before using it.

I used it and really, really liked it. I used it again the next day and still really really like it.

It's runnier than I thought it would be, but that works well for my fine hair. It rinses clean and my hair felt clean. As with all cowash products, I can't rely on them solely. I still have to use a shampoo of some kind at some point but I would likely repurchase the As I am stuff. :yep:

shortt29

InBloom said:
Regarding the As I am Coconut cowash....

I bought it and used it that night because I'm a freak about new products...no way I could wait before using it.

I used it and really, really liked it. I used it again the next day and still really really like it.

It's runnier than I thought it would be, but that works well for my fine hair. It rinses clean and my hair felt clean. As with all cowash products, I can't rely on them solely. I still have to use a shampoo of some kind at some point but I would likely repurchase the As I am stuff. :yep:

Glad you like it!!! My only complaint is how runny it is...I keep saying it needs a pump but I'm sure I will repurchase it :)

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Hit

The LocSoc - www.soclocsoc.com. I love it! It's nicer than the Buff in that one end has elastic, so it stays put all night. I sleep wild, so the buff would rise up in the back some nights.

Miss

LocSoc customer service. They didn't send my order out till After I opened up a Paypal dispute (I don't play games), and never once gave me an order confirmation, or a shipping confirmation. :nono:

Lissa0821

MISS!!!!!!

Aussie Moist leave in spray... It is making my ends very dry. The more I use to detangle my hair the drier it is the next day.

The search begins again for a new liquid leave in.

temfash

HIT!!!
ACV rinses what took me so long works wonders on my highly porous fine hair.
Aussie 3 min miracle the US version fab the UK version sucks.
Regular use of low/medium protein my fine strands are getting stronger.

No misses

suns4i6e

Hit

The LocSoc - www.soclocsoc.com. I love it! It's nicer than the Buff in that one end has elastic, so it stays put all night. I sleep wild, so the buff would rise up in the back some nights.

Miss

LocSoc customer service. They didn't send my order out till After I opened up a Paypal dispute (I don't play games), and never once gave me an order confirmation, or a shipping confirmation. :nono:

The owner Ray, has the Worst customer service! And trust, in person he's no better either. I've ordered several locsocs over the years because I really like the product but there is almost always a bit of a wait and never an order or shipping confirmation. But I will say that wait notwithstanding, I've always received the product.

Brownie518

HIT!!

Claudie's Murumuru Acai Butter - nice and thick and very moisturizing.
Hairitage Hydrations CocoAloe Hydrator - excellent daily moisturizer

Kindheart

Brownie518 said:
HIT!!

Claudie's Murumuru Acai Butter - nice and thick and very moisturizing.
Hairitage Hydrations CocoAloe Hydrator - excellent daily moisturizer

YESSSS GIRL ! i so Agree !

APrayer4Hair

Ogoma said:
The greatest miss of all
Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner: the first time a conditioner has dried my hair out. How is this possible?

Hmmm...I have this condish and don't remember it drying my hair out during CW. I have since decided to exclusively CW with tresemme naturals so I use the suave in my moisture mist.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Surprising Hit

Olive Oil as a sealant

Just light enough and it adds a bit of sheen!

ETA: on damp hair, not wet

Last edited:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
The owner Ray, has the Worst customer service! And trust, in person he's no better either. I've ordered several locsocs over the years because I really like the product but there is almost always a bit of a wait and never an order or shipping confirmation. But I will say that wait notwithstanding, I've always received the product.

*Sigh*...what the heck is up with the poor customer service?? Between LocSoc & HQS, I see I'll just have to place my order a month before I need it. And the products are so Great... Sheesh!! :nono:

shortt29

kellistarr said:
Strange, I don't find it runny at all. But I will cosign to say it is a great product.

It's not super runny but I find it difficult to scoop it out of the jar and make it to my scalp without dripping some in the shower...

Browniee

I may be late with this, but africas best braid sheen spray deserves a 2/10, and the only reason im even giving it this is because i liked the smell. After about 2 minutes, my hair felt dry, and crunchy.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Hit on Hit on Hit: Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructerizer! This stuff is so good. It really, really, really does work to keep my 4a, natural, super-fine hair uber strong and amazingly soft! I am experiencing virtually no breakage with this little miracle worker! It is now a part of my reggie and will be in heavy rotation!

The "I forgot about this!" Hit: KCC for twist-outs! Man, I get consistently lovely spirals from using KCC and glycerin. Love this stuff for the best twist-out EVER! Only thing is that a little and I mean a little goes a long, long way! Use too much and you end up with grease city! But, when you find the right balance, the curls are really beautiful!