Summer 2012 No Heat Challenge

ChocoKitty

I'm Down.

External Regimen
Summer Style-Wash n’ Go
Regimen-Shampoo & Deep Condition 1x a week; Cowash 1-2x week
Products: Shampoos-Disolved Borax, Dilluted Nizoral
Conditioners-LeKair Cholesterol (Deep), Premier Cloud Rinse (Detangler), Kinky Curly Knot Today (Leave-in), Mega-Tek (Summer Growth Aid)
Stylers-Lilly of the Valley Aloe Vera Gel, Flaxseed Gel
Extras: Henna & Aphogee for Damaged Hair 1x/month

Internal Regimen
Eat Clean 6-7 Days/week; Exercise 3-4 day/week; Drink ½ my body weight in water daily

Goals for the summer
Keep working towards hip length and stay consistent with my regimen.

The pic in my siggy is old... But I may post an updated pic in the near future.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm in! I usually daily wash and airdry overnight anyway. Funny cause I had just said that maybe over the weekend I wouldn't wash it and maybe put some heat on it so it'll last, but maybe this is my sign not to do that :scratchch I'll figure it out and improvise?

And is this for 3mths....so a direct heat pass each month?

Oh and starting pics in my profile. I'll take some new pics with my next relaxer.
re: the bolded, you can do them any time you wish, but yea that's the idea.
thanks ladies for posting your regimens!
here's mine:
External: shampoo/DC once a week (Silk Elements), cw when necessary, protective style (yarn twists, buns, and i may get braids), scalp massages with castor oil every night.
Internal: exercise daily, plenty of water, green smoothies every morning, lots of fruits and veggies, multivitamin, Hair-skin-nails vits, and i may add fish oil supps
I may take a starting picture when i get these twists out. so in 2-3 more weeks

Goals: I MUST make APL this summer. and i want to thicken up my hair.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'm in! I'm CG, andI'll be doing puffs and wash n go's as usual. I'm expecting to get some curl formers for Mother's Day, so I'll be trying to style with those as well. Just stopped eating meat, so I'm eating much healthier, fruits and veggies mostly. Drinking at least 64 oz of water daily, and taking Hairfinity vitamis with a biotin supplement. Attempting to exercise daily as well. My goal is to make BSL by Fall :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

Angelinhell

This is my regimen for my real hair, I'm not really sure if I will be able to do this with twists.

Wash hair twice a week
Deep condition twice a week
Clarify once a month
Chelate week after relaxer

Internal Regimen:
2 One a day vitacrrave gummies everyday
Going to try to increase my water intake

Twist regimen: Wash once a week with diluted shampoo in nozzle tip bottle, put moisturizer on roots. Castor oil on edges and nape every night, and tie with satin scarf.

Goal: apl

Shampoos: Ion clarifying, mizani neutralizing & chelating, keracare hydrating detangling

Conditioner: nairobi protasil

Moisturizer: keracare creme hairdress

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Can I join? :look:
of course you can! why you acting all timid shawty? lol robot.

Ladies, we started on May 20th and we'll go until September 1.
I'm starting the summer off with yarn twists that I plan to keep in at least 3 more weeks.
what styles are you all planning to rock this summer?

BBritdenise

I'm in.. I hardly ever put heat on my hair. It's far too fragile, I may use one pass to check my length but that's it. I actually feel guilty when I flat iron my hair and I NEVER blowdry

xu93texas

of course you can! why you acting all timid shawty? lol @robot.

Ladies, we started on May 20th and we'll go until September 1.
I'm starting the summer off with yarn twists that I plan to keep in at least 3 more weeks.
what styles are you all planning to rock this summer?

Wigs, wigs, and more wigs under celie plaits. I think I'll get someone to cornrow my hair in a beehive every 2 weeks so my wigs will lay flatter and keep my hands out of my head. :grin:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^sounds good! i can never seem to find a wig that looks good on me. what styles u thinking of rocking?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^those are really cute!

here a few pictures of cute no heat summer styles that I found on Essence for ideas, guys.
remember that hooded dryers are still fine. i plan to use mine sparingly though to give my hair a break.
flexirod sets

cornrows

side braid

bun-love this!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
a few more.
another bun. this definitely can be done heat free as it looks quite textured.

updo

wash and go type bun

Angelinhell

Changed my mind about the senegalese twists, will probably get microbraids. Lately I've just been wearing a bun with kanekalon braiding hair.

newbeginnings2010

External Regimen-Washing and deep conditioning in braids every two weeks. Rebraiding front every 2 weeks and back every 4 weeks.
Internal Regimen- eating healthy, prenatal vitamin (just had a baby), very light walking 30 minutes for exercise daily, drinking 13 glasses of water per day (breastfeeding requirement)
Goals for the summer-BSL hopefully
Starting pic if you want: Will post a bit later when I have a chance

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
bumping!
how is everyone doing?
I took out my yarn twists.
washed and did a twist and curl the night before-it came out cute.
then yesterday i cowashed again and tried a 6 braid braidncurl. we'll see how it comes out. i've never done that few braids and if it works, i'll be overjoyed cause it didn't take long.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^is that the bun in your siggy? it looks great, how do you form it? or does it come like already in a bun shape?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^I've seen that vid!
I actually just bought a pack of kanekalon. I plan to do that style soon.

I am about to go cowash. I bought two V05 conditioners that were on sale to try them out. i remember them being just okay, but we'll see. if they work well, i may grab some more. I want to cowash and bun all summer.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
doing the bump!
how is everyone doing?

me: basically been cowashing with my VO5 condishes and bunning every day. I do braid and curls for special days, like once a week.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Are roller sets under the dryer allowed?? I'm really jonesing for a change right now.

ETA: sorry ladies - wrong challenge. I'm in No Heat 2012 (all year). Carry on. Lol

xu93texas

I'm still wigging it. I will be getting beehive cornrows to help me through this 16wk relaxer stretch. I used a pass on 6/1 to flat iron for a length check for the MN challenge. I'll probably use a pass on 7/2 and 8/2 (relaxer# as well. #That's all my passes for this challenge :grin:)