HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

ronie

I've been heat free since June 1st.. It was time to relax an I was starting to get a little breakage from the 2 textures & my lazy frustration with handling it at over 17 weeks post. It was just time. :yep:

It's definitely grown since then and I'm happy with it :)

View attachment 225725

((Sorry about the bra))

Well i don't think you fail. The challenge ends this weekend right? I plan to flat iron tomorrow:look:

kinky curlygenie

Hey where you ladies at??? I want to see all the hair pics !!

I will be purchasing my new flat iron tomorrow so hopefully tomorrow I will have some good results to report lol :)

ronie

Hello ladies. It's finally here. We made it. I straightened my hair yesterday. Here are some pictures. Nothing glamorous, but I was happy with the results. My expectation for bone straight hair was kind of unrealistic, lol. My ends are in great shape, so that was a plus. I took all the necessary precautions to prevent damage, so hoping there isn't any. This month also marks my 19 month post relaxer (11 month of transition and 8 months fully natural). My hair is currently as long as it's been all my life. The only time I got hair longer than this was during and a little bit after my pregnancy. But then all the hair started falling out, which led me to LHCF.
image-1443085420.jpg The blow out image-3191078634.jpg The back image-793524660.jpg Final look after wrapping image-4228446010.jpg Final look back view image-845632391.jpg Close up of the texture.

Last edited:

jprayze

ronie ur hair looks good and healthy! It's full and thick...love it!!!

I will be posting pics tomorrow :). Going to the stylist in the am!

AlliCat

End of challenge, we made it! :) picture time!!

I will post soon (hopefully). got a new H2Pro flat iron that I want to use, but after not using heat for so long I find it hard to justify using it "Just Because" lol

growbaby

My hair at the beginning of the challenge:

image-1791515965.jpg

And my hair now :

image-1252748823.jpg

image-3162951875.jpg

Thank you all for such a wonderful and encouraging summer!!

jprayze

I realized I did a wash n go as my starting pic, so I can't do a one for one comparison. But here's a pic of my hair after rollers were taken out at the Dominican salon. My hair feels grreattt. I think that heat break helped a lot. I will do an official length check in a few days when my hair falls flat. image-3511305508.jpg

ronie

I realized I did a wash n go as my starting pic, so I can't do a one for one comparison. But here's a pic of my hair after rollers were taken out at the Dominican salon. My hair feels grreattt. I think that heat break helped a lot. I will do an official length check in a few days when my hair falls flat.
Your hair does look healthier and fuller. Have you done a length check?
growbaby your hair is just taking off so nicely.
EnExitStageLeft
rririla
AlliCat
And everybody else I want to see your pretty hair.

rririla

Your hair does look healthier and fuller. Have you done a length check? growbaby your hair is just taking off so nicely. EnExitStageLeft rririla AlliCat And everybody else I want to see your pretty hair.

So as usual ive been MIA , not to mention that iphones and ipads dont show mentions from this site. Anyway. I went to the Dominican salon and I love my straight hair. I only have a few pics of the front though. My hair is definitely thicker then when they usually do it. So here they are

Attachments

• image-1625859263.jpg
    image-1625859263.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 19
  • image-2073251615.jpg
    image-2073251615.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 20