*~*~*End Of The Year No Heat Challenge*~*~*

tiffjust2002

I borrowed some of this from the Summer No Heat Challenge :grin:

Let's see how long we can go without using heat. I personally used to be a flat iron/pressing addict I am reformed now and only use heat once every 3 months for my length checks and to feel my hair flowing :lachen:. I completed the summer challenge and would like to continue the challenge, and I could definitely use a support team as well so I'm making/continuing this challenge for all who would like to join! This challenge will start from Sept 8th to Dec 31st for all who would like join.

Rules:
1. Thank this post if you'd like to join
2. No Direct Heat (Overhead Dryers are fine)
3. Post a Starting Pic by Sept 12th

Passes:
Allowed 2 Passes for this Challenge

So thats it! :grin: Hopefully this will turn into a cool thread where people can post non-heat hairstyles and find support from others.

LETS GO!​

Last edited:

tiffjust2002

Does a diffuser count as direct heat? :look:

That's a good question, hmmm I would say so because you are using the blow dryer just with the diffuser attachment. :perplexed Are you using it on cool settings or low heat? I think it would be a good time to try air drying :lol:

I personally don't use a diffuser, haven't had good results with them :ohwell:

AwesomelyNappy

This is great. i'm glad overhead or hooded dryers are allowed because i totally forgot that that is heat (duh me) and i use it weekly for my deep conditioner.

and another thing that i totally never considered... using the blow dryer is fine as long as its on cool? I personally dont use it much anyways, but the thought of speeding up air drying by using the blow dryer on cool does entice me a bit, but since i'm not already doing it, i have no problem not even starting that practice if its too close to heat use (just an accidental nudge of the setting, and wham! Direct heat!)

tiffjust2002

This is great. i'm glad overhead or hooded dryers are allowed because i totally forgot that that is heat (duh me) and i use it weekly for my deep conditioner.

and another thing that i totally never considered... using the blow dryer is fine as long as its on cool? I personally dont use it much anyways, but the thought of speeding up air drying by using the blow dryer on cool does entice me a bit, but since i'm not already doing it, i have no problem not even starting that practice if its too close to heat use (just an accidental nudge of the setting, and wham! Direct heat!)

Cool Setting is fine :yep: No heat :)

Ijanei

I will also like to join.
Heat Passes: November 23 (my birthday) then the end of this challenge
Starting picture: (Same as avi, taken about 2 weeks ago)

ms.blue

I use my siggy pic as my starting pic. My hair is currently flatironed but I might wash it out this weekend.

coachchica

I'm going to try this. My first challenge. I haven't decided when my passes will be but I will update.

This is my hair pic, straightened. Taken a few weeks ago. (color is off in the photo)

MaraWithLove

I'm joining! Should be relatively easy, especially since I may PS for a few weeks at a time.
Not sure when I'll use my heat passes, maybe once in late October if I even do and then at the end of the challenge!

My starting picture is attached.

Attachments

• 2011-08-31 21.42.50.jpg
    2011-08-31 21.42.50.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 11

Kdiamond19

Joining! I BCed in April and I haven't been using heat so far just because I was curious of the benefits. My aim is to go all the way to April 2012. I will use this challenge as motivation to continue.

Here is my starting pic (taken today).

The very front strand reaches the top of my top lip right now.

glamchick84

count me in, i have not used heat since may. I have a twa, so this challenge will be easy for me. I wear wigs all the time. I probably won't use heat until I hit my 2 yr nappy anniversary.

Ijanei

Well my style I had going on didn't work to well for me. I tried to do a wash-n-go but it came out looking like hell-no instead now I'm upset:sad:. I'm trying not to use any heat. May just do a twist out then

Imani

Just peeking in to say good luck! I'm at the end of a 5 month no heat challenge from over the spring/summer. I plan to heat it up at least 3 times the rest of this year so I can't join the challenge. But I hope everyone has amazing results!

tiffjust2002

Okay ladies we are in the swing the things! How are you guys wearing your hair?

I have been rocking this side swooped twist out ponytail for 2 days and I think for tomorrow I'mma pin the ponytail up into a bun. Then probably co-wash this weekend.

TWIST OUT BANGS.jpg

TWIST OUT PONYTAIL.jpg

Kdiamond19

Co-washed & air dried on Sunday. Currently rocking braids under my wig. Probably co-washing/deep conditioning on Saturday and installing a sew-in.

tiffjust2002

I think I'm out. Blow drying on a cool setting is not working for me, I need warm :ohwell:

aw okay,

no action on this thread in awhile, how are you going doing with the no heat challenge. I saw another thread for a no heat challenge starting in Jan I beleive for a whole year. I can't go that long LOL

Kdiamond19

^ Lol. You can do anything you put your mind to! So far I stayed committed to this challenge, come April 2nd it will be a year of No Heat. I honestly didn't think I would make it this far, but I did.