HIDE THE HEAT: SUMMER 2013 CHALLENGE

ronie

AlliCat, I am interested in joining. I dont plan to use heat till December 20th. My regimen:

Pre-poo - 1x per week with 30 minutes under my heating cap
Wash - 1x per week
Co-wash - 1x per week
DC - 1x per week with steam
Air dry and bun or roller set

I am ready. Thanks for letting me join.

Welcome. Love your hair in the avatar.

ronie

We'll be waiting for those pics!

image-509654969.jpg

The back could have used a bit more definition and volume. I was scared to separate and fluff cause I know my hair gets bigger as time goes by.

image-187337791.jpg

I put a on a plastic cap to shower and it shrunk up a bit. When I got home from the club my hair was one big soft fluffy ball. Was too drunk to take any pictures, lol. Will try the aveda anti humectant pomade next time. I'm tired of my styles poofing up by the time I get home.

image-569637792.jpg

The sides looked the best

image-3295618422.jpg

Attachments

• image-3111961896.jpg
    image-3111961896.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image-1232229393.jpg
    image-1232229393.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Rozlewis

Cowashed tonight with Wen 613. After I applied leave-ins and air-dried and bunned hair till my henna treatment on Friday.

growbaby

Really hoping I can last these last 3.5 weeks. My hair is becoming a Nuisance now at 15 weeks post. I may just ho ahead and order my new flat iron and end the challenge when it arrives.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
growbaby, I bought/ordered one a few weeks ago to take advantage of a deal. But I will not use it till the Fall Solitice when it's time to trim. So, buy it but hold off on using it. You only have a few more weeks to go. You can make it!

ronie

How's everyone doing? Only a couple weeks left.

Today did a pre-poo with ORS mayo and some oils mixed in

Girl this thread was named right. The only reason i have not blow dried my hair is cause i am too lazy to go dig for my blow dryer:lol:. Next weekend i was planing on ending the challenge for my sister in law s baby shower, but i really love the twist out i achieved on some stretched hair (airdried in big braids) yesterday. Therefore, i will attempt the same style for the shower, and save the heat for DH birthday on the 21st as planned.
Where rririla at? lol

kinky curlygenie

I cant believe that this challenge is almost over. Im suprised that i havent had the urge to straighten anymore, then again i do need new straighteners :). I may have to treat myself to some new ones for the end of this challenge. Any suggestions??

Outlook

Ohok I see this one doesn't end until the 21st. I'm gonna post with yall then.

Under the dryer for a bit. My rollerset will mostly airdry overnight, but just making sure it's fully dry by the morning.

rririla

Girl this thread was named right. The only reason i have not blow dried my hair is cause i am too lazy to go dig for my blow dryer:lol:. Next weekend i was planing on ending the challenge for my sister in law s baby shower, but i really love the twist out i achieved on some stretched hair (airdried in big braids) yesterday. Therefore, i will attempt the same style for the shower, and save the heat for DH birthday on the 21st as planned.
Where rririla at? lol

Hey ladies, Life has been super hectic but I am still here! My dryer broke 2 weeks ago, so no sets for me, I have just been wearing it bunned, not doin much of anything with this hair currently! I am dying to straighten so I literally am counting the days! My bestie is having a baby shower on the 22nd so I will definitely be straight for this event! I think my man might cry tears of joy. He likes to play in it when it's down and flat ironed! So needless to say this has been a looooooong challenge for both of us ! Glad to see all the ladies doing so well though!

ronie

Hey ladies, Life has been super hectic but I am still here! My dryer broke 2 weeks ago, so no sets for me, I have just been wearing it bunned, not doin much of anything with this hair currently! I am dying to straighten so I literally am counting the days! My bestie is having a baby shower on the 22nd so I will definitely be straight for this event! I think my man might cry tears of joy. He likes to play in it when it's down and flat ironed! So needless to say this has been a looooooong challenge for both of us ! Glad to see all the ladies doing so well though!

Good to see you back. Lol @ your man crying tears of joy. I hope mines like it so much he buys me a new sedu blow dryer. He got me the revolution flat iron last Xmas and I want the blow dryer to match you know, lol.
Anyways y'all been cheap on the pictures lately. Where Jpraze at?
Here s my new protective style. Been tired of the twists. This take only 10 mns to do. I take them down every 2 days to moisturize and heavy seal. Some people love it some don't. I had one coworker tell me after telling her I was having a bad day: I can tell you re not yourself, you didn't even do your hair today , lollll. Thank God I had a page coming through right this second. So I just said I gotta go and kept it moving. Saved by the bell.

image-562501782.jpg

image-3726563877.jpg

Rozlewis

Cowashed tonight tonight with Hairveda's Moist 24/7. After that air dried and bunted. It feels good to be heat-free.

shasha8685

I haven't checked in for awhile but I'm still going strong! I just took out some Havana twists and will be wigging it until October. :yep:

growbaby

O.M.G what made you do it???

I've been heat free since June 1st.. It was time to relax an I was starting to get a little breakage from the 2 textures & my lazy frustration with handling it at over 17 weeks post. It was just time. :yep:

It's definitely grown since then and I'm happy with it :)

image-3086409836.jpg

((Sorry about the bra))

Last edited: