What's up with Crisco?

MsLizziA

I have been using this mixed with condish for my natural hair-

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

My hair is soft, curly, shiny-

I am TOO happy with CRISCO!!!

Got my mom hooked on it as well!

I think I may start using it as a face/body moisturizer as well.

And to think, I BALKED at this idea at first-
SHAME ON ME!!!
dont feel bad.. i did too

ThePerfectScore

My mommy's dermatologist told her to use crisco on her skin because in the winter her skin would get so dry it would crack and bleed...crisco worked better than all those expensive creams. I'm sure it would work great for sealing moisture into the hair.

hopeful

I came back to give my review on Crisco. I have been using it on my face as a night time moisturizer since the end of June. Let me just say that I am sold on it. My skin looks fabulous.

:yep: Still using on my face as a nightly moisturizer and I am so pleased. It's been almost three months now and my skin continues to improve: more supple, younger looking, dark circles under my eyes pretty much gone. I still prefer other things for my hair though.

Hmmm, I may try this for my skin lol.
Ok, read some more and I'm going to get a small bottle from the market for my skin. How is this different from say, vegetable oil though? Why would Crisco be more beneficial? Wait, is Crisco in a bottle or is it a solid? I've never used it for anything before, I use vegetable oil for everything.......

Last edited:

hopeful

It's a solid. Not sure of the difference, but ladies on here said they were using the shortening so I went with that.

Hysi

I started using it for this reason. Recently started using it on my face and I LOVE IT. I may age gracefully after all.

One of my neighbors,a lil ole lady who is white (no pun) swears by crisco for the face. I swear her skin looks like porcelin- absolutely beautiful and she does not look her age; she looks better than her daughter and granddaughter, and we know caucasians "appear" to age faster and I was highly impressed and I'm an Aesthetician &NC. I forgot all about that so I think I will incorporate it into my skin regimen.

PS- Don't tell nobody, lol :rolleyes:

nzeee

thanks chicas! i'm about to run out and buy me some. my skin and hair in winter are like foreign beasts who visit annually just to laugh at me. in summer my skin is beautiful (i'm a little vein) in winter oh my god! it's so rough and dry and itchy; i scratch till i bleed. and if it's good for my skin, it must be good for my hairs (not my scalp tho, nothing goes on my scalp). can't wait to try!

RUBY

I'm bumping this thread to hear more updates and feedback from those using crisco.

Coffee

I use the liquid crisco oil too. It's only Soybean oil and soybean oil is great for your hair!

~~HoneyComb~~

I love Crisco for flat ironing, I don't think I'll use anything else. It gives the sleekiest, most moisturized press---coconut oil and jojoba oil doesn't give the same results, but I still use them for my scalp and to moisturize nightly after I flat iron.

Sianna

I hopped on the Crisco bandwagon about a month ago! I use it to seal mine and my daughter's ends! :yep: I mixed it with some walnut and olive oils! I blended it all together and put it in an empty Eco Styler gel container. That and CFCG keep our hair buttery soft and deliciously moisturized! :lick:

I was thinking about mixing it with some shea butter and using it for my skin... :scratchch

Last edited:

DrC

I hopped on the Crisco bandwagon about a month ago! I use it to seal mine and my daughter's ends! :yep: I mixed it with some walnut and olive oils! I blended it all together and put it in an empty Eco Styler gel container. That and CFCG keep our hair buttery soft and deliciously moisturized! :lick:

I was thinking about mixing it with some shea butter and using it for my skin... :scratchch

Hey girl, how are you??
Saw your pics and your fro looks great!!
Oh walnut oil, I need to try that. Did you buy yours online or at a store??

I need to try this for pressing as my hair quickly reverts with serum. Thankfully, I can get it over here. Will pop in a few weeks time with feedback.

Prudent1

Your video is what made me try Crisco oil MyAngelEyez and I've been using it on both my DDs hair and my own every since--it's perfect for flat ironing and it holds so well and really make the hair sleek and silky--thank you :kiss:
Me too:grin: I was just about to thank MyAngelEyez for that video.:yep:

Fine 4s

I just don't want to break out. But I'll try it on my skin...
anyone breaking out on their face yet?

Beverly Ann Properties

Wow!! I read all the posts on this thread and have never tried Crisco for anything but baking. I have some in my pantry and will apply to my feet tonight and cover with socks and check out the results in the morning. I will also apply to my face before I go to bed. I am excited to see the results. This is a great tip~

Freespirit02

So i tried crisco yesterday after my shower..The next day..my skin was STILL soft. I also used it to seal my hair yesterday..and my hair is STILL soft..i'm sold! With crisco and castor oil..I should achieve my goal in no time..