What's up with Crisco?

Just a tip for those wanting to enhance the scent. I get my scented oils from www.saveonscents.com and made my mixtures smell like tropical coconutty goodnesss. I'm pretty sure they have the name brand fragrances so if you want your "Crisco" hair butter to smell like Christian Dior or even Bath and Body works, you can. Just melt the crisco a bit so the fragrance oil incorporates well.

Beautytalk69

I used crisco to flat iron my hair..and my hair looks wild and straight..lol. however it feels amazing. I was so surprised at how much my hair has grown..super happy. Anyway crisco is good stuff

CURLYCROWN

Why did I run out to Wally World this morning to pick up a can of Crisco?:look:

Ya'll know good and well that I am a straight up PJ.:look:

DARN YOU ALL!!!!:swearing:

*stomps out of the thread*

Don't feel bad. I went to wally world and bought some too! LHCF is BAD for my pocketbook.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ChristmasCarol

Why did I run out to Wally World this morning to pick up a can of Crisco?:look:

Ya'll know good and well that I am a straight up PJ.:look:

DARN YOU ALL!!!!:swearing:

*stomps out of the thread*

Don't feel bad. I went to wally world and bought some too! LHCF is BAD for my pocketbook.

I don't have any issues with my Fantasia IC, but ~~HoneyComb~~ made me curious. SO....I WENT TO WALLY-WORLD THIS AFTERNOON!

But....why was I mad that the Crisco was $5, when I've spent 10X that much on crappy hair products? lol

I'm straightening on Friday, I'll post a pic afterward.

Ms_CoCo37

sipp100, you know I was eyeballing that big can so hard!:lachen: But I was trying to be good.:spinning:

You know I also had to mozey on over to the hair product aisle while I was there. I keep telling myself not to go over there but...:look:

ChristmasCarol

Ms_CoCo37

I just rationalized it by saying I could scoop some out and put it in a container for flatironing hair and use the rest for cooking.

Thing is, I don't fry food. I'll have to go to their website to see what else you can do with it.

Ms_CoCo37

sipp100,:lol: spoken like a true PJ!:lachen:

You can bake with it, and some in the thread are using it as a moisturizer. You could always slather yourself up with it like the lady in empressri 's video.:lachen:

I still don't understand how that lady was able to do that.:look:

empressri

Yo that ish made me put down the wrap I was eating and I was hungry!!

I was like what the flub kind of flubbery did I click on! One minute I was watching a darling little video of someone pressing their hair, then I saw crisco as a shampoo???

O.M.G.

THEN I saw someone wearing some leopard print thing and shaking her butt half nekked in her living room!! (this was a separate video).

I've been traumatizing and/or making folks laugh all day with the ratchetness I've found on YT. I sent SO everything :lachen::lachen:

I'm going to try this. I see that I posted in here more than a year ago but I never tried it :lol:. I'll begin by using a small amount before a rollerset than for sealing to see how I like it since I don't do full flat irons anymore (only roots). I'm also going to try it on my extremely dry winter skin.
I'll report back after I food shop lol.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm glad this thread got bumped back up because I forgot about crisco. I was using it for hair and skin for awhile and really liked it. I'm gonna get some fragrance oils to add to it. This is much cheaper than buying butters and stuff from the natural product vendors. I'd like to flat iron with it but I hardly ever flat iron so I'll try it for a silk wrap.

CURLYCROWN

I love y'all ladies. Bought some crisco yesterday and tried it out today. I can't believe it worked so well. My hair is NEVER this soft and shiny or straight when I flatiron it. Thank you to whomever came up with this.

naturalmanenyc

Crisco works for eczema? I had no idea. I may have DH try this out for his skin. Still not sure about using it for hair though despite the blinging results.

naturallygoldie

Interesting but isn't Crisco an oil in solid form? Oil + heat = fried hair?? I'm curious to know, especially for those with 3b/c, fine textures.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Interesting but isn't Crisco an oil in solid form? Oil + heat = fried hair?? I'm curious to know, especially for those with 3b/c, fine textures.
Interested in this as well. I may use it to flat iron soon but I'm kinda worried because i have really fine hair and easily damaged.