It made my hair so touchably soft....

curlupndye

:blush:I can't believe it! I gave sideway glances to all the people that said they do it or had tried it, but now I think I love it!:grin: I ran out of my normal sealing oils and got busy with the Crisco. I cowashed with Suave Strawberry condish, applied Tresemmes Naturals as leave in, brushed from ends to roots with Denman (while in shower), braided wet hair in 7-8 plaits, and rubbed Crisco across the braids, over top part of hair (avoiding contact with scalp), and twirled (gently into my ends). I let it down while it was slightly damp and I can already see the shine and feel the difference in the incredible softness.

So here are some questions for those who regularly use Crisco to seal:

1. I cowash or rinse daily. Is Crisco so thick that it will block out moisture if I apply it daily? I want to use it to seal in morning and night. I mean will it coat the strand and cause build up? I need more info.

2. How long have you been using it and do you also avoid your scalp?

3.What's the deal with the ingredients? Are those oils healthy for the hair?

4. How much do you use, roughly (dime size, quarter, etc.)?

I'm not trying to be lazy. I did some of my own research or else I wouldn't have even tried it. I would greatly appreciate opinions about experiences with Crisco and/or additional information about the product. Thanks Ladies!

Last edited:

babyu21

Hmmm I never really thought to put Crisco in my hair. Subscribing to see what others think of it.

DrC

Ah Crisco, I am a believer of the Crisco and it seals my ends very well.

:
1. I cowash or rinse daily. Is Crisco so thick that it will block out moisture if I apply it daily? I want to use it to seal in morning and night. I mean will it coat the strand and cause build up? I need more info.

Well since it is of a very thick consistency using it in its solid form everyday isn't necessary. I usually melt mines to liquid prior to putting it on my ends

2. How long have you been using it and do you also avoid your scalp?

I"m not sure, maybe 8 months, ever since this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=9160374&highlight=crisco#post9160374

3.What's the deal with the ingredients? Are those oils healthy for the hair?

I don't see why not. One of its ingredients is soybean oil which I use on my hair. Plus, the Di/Triglicerides are from a glycerine derivative. a memeber even told me on here thats wahat a lot of companies use in a lot of hair and skin products.

4. How much do you use, roughly (dime size, quarter, etc.)?

well now since my hair has grown I use about a quarter size,

I'm not trying to be lazy. I did some of my own research or else I wouldn't have even tried it. I would greatly appreciate opinions about experiences with Crisco and/or additional information about the product. Thanks Ladies!

Last edited: