What's up with Crisco?

Ms_CoCo37

Hey Ladies! Quick question. I'm trying to gear up for my HYH reveal this Saturday. Have any of you ladies tried using the Crisco in a rollerset?

jayjaycurlz

I used Crisco to flat iron my daughter's hair today and it came out lovely! Normally her hair reverts the minute I've finished flat ironing it but with Crisco, she's experienced minimal reversion and a brilliant shine! Yep, it's a keeper!

LaVgirl

I tried Crisco for my flat iron on Saturday and it came out wonderfully! So glad I tried it; I will be using this every time from now on. I'm just adding some info that may be useful. I paid 3 something at Stop 'n Shop for the small can. The ingredients are the same as what KCcurly showed. I used Chi Silk Infusion and grapeseed oil underneath. My hair was blowdried first and then the Crisco was applied while being flat ironed. It was flat ironed on 378 degrees, I believe. There was no smoke, no smell, no crackling or popping. My hair is much straighter than it would be if I hadn't used the Crisco. On Sunday, I had a part in a play at my church, my hair was out and it did get noticeably bigger. I also got caught in rain drizzles Sunday night and my scarf slid off while I was sleeping (I have a satin pillowcase but I sleep crazy). I haven't touched up at all and today is day 5. YAY for Crisco!

abcd09

So I flat ironed my hair with crisco (on roller set hair) before christmas and it came out nicely- straighter than usual and lasted longer with great shine. The crisco also seemed to moisturize my strands for some reason.

The second time I did it my hair is definitely not as shiny, and my hair seems to be dryer. I'm finding broken hairs all over the sink and on one side my ends are bushy and very damaged. My hair also feels "hard" with multiple strands clumping together although I clarified and made sure to get any residue out to ensure lighter hair. I don't know if it's the crisco making it do this or not. I do know I think I flat ironed on 390-400 the first time and I think the flat iron was a little higher this time around. This is the only difference I can think of. I only used a small "swipe".

Anyone else notice damage the second time? Also does anyone think the crisco will damage your flat iron? I have a CHI.

AtlantaJJ

I want to try Crisco on my twist outs / braid outs, I'm hoping it will help prevent shrinkage for me in humid climates.