Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I like the idea of focusing on things to use up. This month, I'll focus on:
- Annabelle’s Perfect Blend White Chocolate Mousse Hair Mask (half a jar
- silk dreams chocolate mousse
- Herbal Essence Totally Twisted
- 1 purabody moisturizer
- Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade sample

I am going to have one delicious smelling head.

I'm torn on what to do with my Swimmer's shampoo. I don't necessarily like it but I may need it to chelate.

uofmpanther I started doing it this way because if I don't, I end up using various products and end up with a bunch of half empty or nearly empty jars and bottles. :nono: It gets too confusing. Plus it helps me narrow down my staples and HGs better if I use something consistently. My problem is that I have product ADD, so I like to switch it up. This is what got me into trouble in the first place though, so I have to curtail it. This fall when I start buying again, I will know better what I want to spend money on.

ETA: I love the Swimmer's shampoo. I have one old version bottle and a sample of the new version from their last big sale. It smells lovely (like almonds). I use it about once a month to give myself a clean slate.

Froreal3

Me too! :lachen:

Once I get this stash down I'm not ever letting it get this way AGAIN!

EnExitStageLeft I totally agree. I can't do this anymore. I told IDareT'sHair that after my stash is down to 10 products, I will be living vicariously through her. :lol:

My problem is that I like my entire stash. Almost nothing is give away or toss status for me. So, although I'm using stuff at a good and steady pace, I still seem to have a lot of stuff. :look: However in order to get it in line, I will need to force myself to give stuff away that is just "ok" to me. Anything in my possession needs to be stellar, not just decent. That is what happens when you don't have picky hair.

Last edited:

faithVA

I like the idea of focusing on things to use up. This month, I'll focus on:
- Annabelle’s Perfect Blend White Chocolate Mousse Hair Mask (half a jar
- silk dreams chocolate mousse
- Herbal Essence Totally Twisted
- 1 purabody moisturizer
- Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade sample

I am going to have one delicious smelling head.

I'm torn on what to do with my Swimmer's shampoo. I don't necessarily like it but I may need it to chelate.

Just hold onto it and don't include it in your stash. I have a hard water shampoo and conditioner. I really can't consider that to be part of my stash because its a specialty item for special occasions :ohwell:

krissyhair

I dipped into some of my basement/school stash this morning. I used up both travel size samples of Peter Thomas Roth shampoo to clarify. Then I thought that the Suave conditioner wouldn't give enough moisture after a deep clarifying, so I used a small dollop (so small you wouldn't believe on my APL hair) of Biolage ultra hydrasource conditioner. It was so freaking incredible. I could finger detangle my whole head with just that little bit.

Then I used Miss Jessie's leave in condish. If you want to try Miss Jessie's, but think the brand has bad ingredients or is too expensive, that product will change your mind. It has no "bad" ingredients and it was only $11 for 8 OZ. It spreads well too.

Then I sealed with Carol's Daughter tui sheen, and bunned it up for today. I feel goooood.

EnExitStageLeft

Froreal3

Speaking of picky hair......Tell me why my natural hair is low porosity?! I've been high porosity for as long as I can remember and now all of a sudden I'm low. ACV rinses make my hair feel weird and finding a moisturizer is like trying to find a needle in a haystack lol.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Delurking: I really should join this challenge but the formula changes, shop closures, product discontinuations & miscellaneous foolishness has a PJ shook. =-O
Back to lurking now.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Froreal3

Speaking of picky hair......Tell me why my natural hair is low porosity?! I've been high porosity for as long as I can remember and now all of a sudden I'm low. ACV rinses make my hair feel weird and finding a moisturizer is like trying to find a needle in a haystack lol.

That's crazy! I think I'm normal to medium high (if that even exists). What about our staples like SD VS? Have you tried any APB stuff? Lopos seem to like it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Just hold onto it and don't include it in your stash. I have a hard water shampoo and conditioner. I really can't consider that to be part of my stash because its a specialty item for special occasions :ohwell:

I agree. Some stuff is not counted in my stash because they are things that I only occasionally use like gel, edge control, heat protectants, foam wraps, and some shampoos. My stash really consists of mostly moisturizers, leave ins, and butters. That stuff needs to go.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'll be back with what I used up in June later on today.

Samples
Redken Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo - I really liked this and would consider repurchasing

Redken Color Extend Magnetics Conditioner - Only got one use so no review. May repurchase to give better chance

Ion Anti Frizz Solutions Leave-In Conditioner - This was great. May become staples spray leave-in after summer

Templespa Good Hair Day Shampoo - Hotel sample. Cleansed my hair well but was a little drying

NuMe Hair Mask - One use. Would not repurchase.

Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Conditioner - Used this to co wash. It was just okay. Would not purchase full size.

Templespa In Good Condition Hair Conditioner - Hotel sample. Meh

Full Size
Herbal Essences Hello Hydation Conditioner - Staple

Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi Smooth and Repair Nourishing Hair Masque - Light protein based deep conditioner. Provides no slip whatsoever. Works good alone as well as with system before heat styling. Probably won't repurchase.

Eco Natural Curl N' Styling Custard with Macadamia Oil - Very good leave-in/styler product for me. Was not the biggest fan of the scent. May repurchase i different scent.

Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi Smooth and Repair Hair and Scalp Weekly Therapy - Medium to heavy protein based deep condtioner. Gave a little slip when rinsed out. You must follow with moisture after using this. Heavier than the Aphogee 2 minute but not as hard as the 6 week treatment. Would not repurchase because its $12 and you really have to stretch out 3-4 uses.

For July, I plan on focusing on using up more samples to determine if I want to buy full sizes. I may buy more co wash conditioners because I only have 1 and I don't know if it's going to make it to the end of the month.

krissyhair

B_Phlyy did you get the redken samples from Ulta? I got mine there and really liked them. That's going to be my first purchase when I'm ready to buy again.

greenandchic

Used up:

One n' Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask - Its OK. I got it at a BOGO at Sally. I would repurchase it at a similar sale.

Giovanni Wellness System Leave-In - Meh.

nmartin20

Used up ORS Mayo- I have salon size one that I will work on. I'm going to reuse the smaller jar and refill it. I will keep this in my stash. Great stuff!!

I have a corner of Obia's Twist Butter left. I will use it up with the week probably.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Froreal3

EnExitStageLeft , I went looking for your stash list to give you some suggestions, but I couldn't find it. Do you have Purabody Sapote/Murumuru or Oyin Hair Dew? Both of those are awesome moisturizers for my hair. You can also look at the Low Porosity Support Thread and Low Porosity Staples thread for suggestions.

Adiatasha

Finished Queen Helens conditioner... And suave clarifying shampoo and a shea moisture curling smoothie

ImanAdero

Waaaiiiitttt... There's a "not included in stash" list? If so I'm taking away all some stuff because I seriously never use it lol.

faithVA

Waaaiiiitttt... There's a "not included in stash" list? If so I'm taking away all some stuff because I seriously never use it lol.

It depends on why you have any it. I have a foam and a spray for straightening my hair but I rarely straighten my hair so i will have it for years. So specialty items may not be something you want to use up.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
It depends on why you have any it. I have a foam and a spray for straightening my hair but I rarely straighten my hair so i will have it for years. So specialty items may not be something you want to use up.

Yeah. My heat protectants are not included nor are my foam wraps, Eco Styler, and Curls Control Paste.

NaturallyATLPCH

So I am more than halfway through my APB Ayurvedic Oil in Cotton Candy, Blueberry Ayurvedic Oil, and Watermelon Leave In. Since we are setting goals and I am in braids, my goal is to use up all of my oils and leave ins (APB and SSI leave ins).

I plan to have all of these used up when my braids come out which will be in December.

oneastrocurlie

Wellllll I've added to my stash lol. But I've only been replacing things I've been running out of since January. So very little new purchases before this weekend.

I'm almost out of SM Purification Masque (yikes!) and CJ curl rehab.

ImanAdero

If that's the case I have to think on if I'll take some items off the list.

I have them on there as an inventory of sorts. Not necessarily because I want them gone immediately, but as inventory of everything I have...

I gotta think on it...

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I don't have any empties to report, however, yet again, I have made purchases:

Clairol Root Touch Up in black and dark brown-- this is a staple and I mix the two to get my hair color. I should get four hairline uses out of these two boxes.

Shea Moisture Purification Mask--bought this for DD. It's supposed to help with eczema (which she has) and dry itchy scalp. It hasn't. That's what I get. Well, I used a third of the jar for one application, so it'll be gone soon.

Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight--I went to the Aveda store with my sister and got a sample. A few days later I found myself there buying the full size. I do like it though so I don't regret this purchase. This is another purchase for DD. I see a pattern. I need to settle on HER staples as well as mine.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I used up SD Razzberry Coconut Affair and HV Vatika Frosting. I have one last back up of the Vatika Frosting. I'm making headway ladies!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
[USER=43391]ImanAdero[/USER];20299163 said:
If that's the case I have to think on if I'll take some items off the list.

I have them on there as an inventory of sorts. Not necessarily because I want them gone immediately, but as inventory of everything I have...

I gotta think on it...

I like having an inventory of everything too. If you look at my stash list post, you can see how I do it. I have a separate list with my not included in stash count. My overall goal is 25 including that.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ok, so now that I'm done with the SD Razz, I will focus on SD Vanilla Silk. That one is totally full. I use about 2 oz. of product each DC, so that is four uses. But with doing more dcs on my dd, it will be used up faster. So that's good.

I'm still working on this Shea Moisture CES. It was a 12oz jar and now it's gone down to 1/4 left. It just doesn't wanna go away. I actually like it better than the Qhemet AOHC. :look:

I think tonight I will do a stash giveaway box.