Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Final Session (3)

faithVA

Nada used up per se, but Organix probably will be donezo by the end of the month, same with Kenra. My VO5 is a great co-washer, so i'll use it as usual.

I'm facing a problem, help ladies?
I'm afraid to use up some products, for fear that i'll lose their affects on my hair/ my hair will suffer for it. But I want a smaller stash, and a more all-inclusive stash.

Thoughts?

Hey BreeNique, This seems similar to previous discussions on this thread about feeling sad about products being almost gone. I take that as a sign that it is a staple and I replace it. And if I don't feel that way about a product then I use it up without planning on repurchasing.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a smaller stash. But a stash is only a stash because it includes too many of something or stuff that we don't need. If you need it, if it works for you don't consider it your stash. Keep that stuff and get rid of all the rest.

Just my thoughts.

lilyofthenile

Looking at my finances, I really cannot afford to purchase any more hair products.

So over the past weekend I've been spritzing with aloe vera juice mixed with rose water. I sealed with Qhemet's Burdockroot Butter. For my yarn braids I also moisturised my hair and sealed it with Oyin Handmade BSP before I put the braids in.

I've recently started shampooing with Aubrey Organics GBP Shampoo, even though I still have all of the Kinky Curly Come Clean left over. But yeah, I'll be good for a few months!

greenandchic

L’Oreal EverSleek, Reparative Smoothing Conditioner - 1 of 2 - I like it, I just cant stand the scent. I won't repurchase when I finish the second tube.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I have been MIA. I've finished only 1 product so far and that was Oyin's Honey Wash.

I crossed over to the "permed side" so now I'm going to have to go through my stash to figure out what works for my new hair. Hopefully, I will use up many more products in the process. We shall see...

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Used up some Dark and Lovely conditioner and ORS moisturizer. I may replace it,but not until next year.

I received the hair color product I was asked to try. I will use it on the first. I plan on moisturizing and doing a protein treatment so I may be able to use up another product by then.

JeterCrazed

I used up my emu oil.
Replaced my emu oil.

H'suan Wen Hua and Jasmine Henna Fluff Ease will be gone Sunday.
Working on Sebastian Drench and the Dead Sea Mud next.

I bought Silicon Mix Leave-in, White Camellia Oil, AOGBP Shampoo and Conditioner and AOWC Shampoo and Conditioner.

ETA: Tossed both Umberto's. Propellant went bad.

Last edited:

faithVA

I went to Happily Natural day but do them rescheduling it, I think a lot of the original vendors didn't come so there weren't a lot of hair product vendors. I did buy a conditioner which says that the ingredients consist of black seed oil and jojoba oil. But I think there are other things in it because it is really creamy. So unless black seed oil combined with jojoba oil can be whipped into a cream it has some other stuff in it :ohwell:

But I need a conditioner so it will do for now. The Zuresh vendor didn't come back so I wasn't able to pick up more leave-in. So I will also be searching for a replacement leave-in.

I don't know why out of all the products in my regimen, finding a good leave-in has been sooooo hard.

I plan on do a curlformer set in November so I will be buying Jane Carters setting foam.

I am doing well with maintaining my stash.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I went to Happily Natural day but do them rescheduling it, I think a lot of the original vendors didn't come so there weren't a lot of hair product vendors. I did buy a conditioner which says that the ingredients consist of black seed oil and jojoba oil. But I think there are other things in it because it is really creamy. So unless black seed oil combined with jojoba oil can be whipped into a cream it has some other stuff in it :ohwell:

But I need a conditioner so it will do for now. The Zuresh vendor didn't come back so I wasn't able to pick up more leave-in. So I will also be searching for a replacement leave-in.

I don't know why out of all the products in my regimen, finding a good leave-in has been sooooo hard.

I plan on do a curlformer set in November so I will be buying Jane Carters setting foam.

I am doing well with maintaining my stash.

I think that's the hardest product for a lot of naturals to settle on. I've been natural 4 1/2 years and I just now think I've found mine this year. And then, depending on where you live, you might have to find two or three, one for each season.

JeterCrazed

I used up my emu oil.
Replaced my emu oil.

H'suan Wen Hua and Jasmine Henna Fluff Ease will be gone Sunday.
Working on Sebastian Drench and the Dead Sea Mud next.

I bought Silicon Mix Leave-in, White Camellia Oil, AOGBP Shampoo and Conditioner and AOWC Shampoo and Conditioner.

ETA: Tossed both Umberto's. Propellant went bad.

I returned both Shampoos and exchanged for conditioner. Aubrey shampoos suck., but I kept one of the White Camellia

The bathroom is cleaner already. :yawn:

ETA: I have enough of my staples to last til Easter. I'm not buying ANYTHING. Jasmine Henna Fluff Ease is a staple, but I can do without. I do have something to return to LUSH. I will only buy it if the return covers the entire cost.

Last edited:

JeterCrazed

Does the Lavender JBCO actually smell good? I have the original one and I be smelling like BBQ coals LOL.....

Yeah. It does. I hate the cigarette smell. Ugh!!! Even mixing it with very little of the lavender jbco made it much much better.
I will never buy the plain stuff unless I plan to mix it. Turrble...

ETA: I use JBCO on my face, too. Imagine the sickly surprise when I put it on my face after months of using lavender. I thought I was suffocating.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Napp

Ms. Nobody
is it too late to join? i had started earlier and forgot. i will put my challenges in my siggy so i dont forget

faithVA

[USER=19315 said:
Napp[/USER];14505573]is it too late to join? i had started earlier and forgot. i will put my challenges in my siggy so i dont forget

Nope not too late. Its a perfect time to use up your stash to get ready for the new year.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
I want to stop spending so much money on hair products and just simplify my regimen

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash.

Shampoos
Shea moisture Moisture Rentention [GONE]
Joico Kpak

Conditioners
Joico Kpak
Joico Moisture recovery
[GONE

Deep Conditioners
Joico Reconstructor
[GONE]
Ultrasheen Duo Tex
Joico Moisture Balm
Joico Intense Hydrator
[GONE]
Baba De caracol Intensive
[GONE]
Silk Elements Megasilk Mayonnaise
B's Bone Marrow Deep Penetrait Treatment

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Crece Pelo[GONE]
Razac Leave in
Razac Finishing Creme
Salerm 21 B5[GONE]
Herbal Essences Long term Relationship[GONE]

Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
jojoba oil[GONE]

Styling products
Kera Pro Serum
Smooth N shine Straighten Polish
Elasta Qp Design foam
Ultrasheen super Setting lotion
Curls Passion fruit control Paste

Other
Salerm Brushing
Nunaat Keratin Reconstrucor

Elasta QP Soy Oyl Neutralizing Shampoo
Hawaiian Silky Mild No Base Relaxer

Bold are my staples.
Green I keep but they are not Staple status
Red will not be repurchased when finished
Blue Needs to be Replaced

Starting: 24(not incl relaxer day products)
Current:17( incl relaxer day products)
Goal:15 OR LESS(incl. relaxer day products(3))

4. What are your goal(s) for the session
reduce my stash by 40% or more
get final staples ready for 2012

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Finished up the Shea Moisture Strengthening Elixir. Such a bad product. I will never repurchase again.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Yeah. It does. I hate the cigarette smell. Ugh!!! Even mixing it with very little of the lavender jbco made it much much better.
I will never buy the plain stuff unless I plan to mix it. Turrble...

JeterCrazed
Hmm, imma invest in the lavender kind once I run out the original kind.

@ZebraPrintLover
Would you like to trade that French stabilizer for something on my list? :lick:

JeterCrazed
Girl your list aint no joke at all, but I refuse to bring any new items into my house but you sure can get the bottle off my hands :yep:.

faithVA

Thinking about getting ORS Loc & Twist Gel. Has anybody tried it??

I used it last year when my twist were much shorter. I can't give you a true review on it because my hair was in bad shape last year when I was using it. It is more of a creamy gel. When it goes on it seems to add moisture to your hair. It has a soft hold and not a crunchy one. I sort of remember it giving the hair some shine.

I never used it for twist outs so not sure how firm the hold is. But as far as twists the hold was nice.

NikkiQ

^^Yeah I'm planning on using it on twists. I have a few products at home I'm going to try out first.

NikkiQ

Leave Ins/Mosturizers
Elasta QP Anti Breakage Oil Moisturizer (staple) (gone 10/23/11)
KCKT- 2/3 left
Infusium 23
Motions CPR Anti Breakage Hair Lotion
Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in Conditioner
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
African Royale BRX braid spray

Styling products
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
Eco Styler Gel w/Argan Oil
Fantasia IC Gel (pink)
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
Urban Therapy Twisted Sista Curl Activator
KCCC- 1/8 left
Elasta QP Glaze
Curls Milkshake (full size and sample) (sample given away 10/15/11)
Curl Junkie Curls In A Bottle
Hairveda Whipped Gelly
Oyin Shine & Define

faithVA

Leave Ins/Mosturizers
Elasta QP Anti Breakage Oil Moisturizer (staple) (gone 10/23/11)
KCKT- 2/3 left
Infusium 23
Motions CPR Anti Breakage Hair Lotion
Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in Conditioner
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
African Royale BRX braid spray

Styling products
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
Eco Styler Gel w/Argan Oil
Fantasia IC Gel (pink)
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
Urban Therapy Twisted Sista Curl Activator
KCCC- 1/8 left
Elasta QP Glaze
Curls Milkshake (full size and sample) (sample given away 10/15/11)
Curl Junkie Curls In A Bottle
Hairveda Whipped Gelly
Oyin Shine & Define

For your twists you can try the Shea Moisture Smoothie under any one of your gels (Eco Styler, Fantasia, KCCC). That should give you the moisture and the hold. Just let the Smoothie soak into your hair well before putting the gel on.

faithVA

I've used the smoothie before on my Celies and it held up pretty well for a few days.

You can always try a section with just the smoothie and a section with the smoothie and the gel. From my experience using a gel extends the length of the twists and also enables me to remove the twists and rock a twists out for a few days. I don't have the hair type to do that with just the smoothie or a butter because it makes my hair too soft to hold.

JeterCrazed

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
I want to stop spending so much money on hair products and just simplify my regimen

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash.

Shampoos
Shea moisture Moisture Rentention
Joico Kpak

Conditioners
Joico Kpak
Joico Moisture recovery

Deep Conditioners
Joico Reconstructor
Ultrasheen Duo Tex
Joico Moisture Balm
Joico Intense Hydrator
Baba De caracol Intensive