HOTs, Oil Rinse, Sealing April 1st - June 30th 2012 PARTII

faithVA

Decided to seal with something heavier than shea butter so pulled out my unpetroleum jelly. My ends seem to soak up the shea butter.

choctaw

pre-poo: mixed fenugreek powder, Crisco, joico k-pak conditioner and 1 dropper neem oil
shampoo & conditioned
moisturize hair with spray of eco custard, distilled water, castor oil before braiding

Last edited:

xu93texas

I pre-poo last night with hempseed and ayurvedic oils. After air drying, I moisturized and sealed with jojoba oil.

faithVA

Moisturized my hair with TW Mist Bodifier and sealed my hair and ends with unpetroleum jelly. It gives a nice curl to my ends. Don't usually seal all of my hair. So we will see how this turns out tomorrow. I was probably too heavy handed. :lol:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Did an oil rinse last night...funny how my plan was to do them once in a while...now they are part of the daily regimen:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Shay72

Dang!:blush:

Clawd...I need to stop being so Cheap.:lol:

But the Regular didn't stank *this bad*

I still don't see how the Featherweight can Stank and the Regular doesn't?:sad:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Been oil rinsing with hemp. I need to re-up my wheat germ as I prefer to oil rinse with that. Too bad I have a never ending size bottle of hemp. I will give oil pre-poos another go to see what benefits I can get from them. I use to do them sometime ago but didn't see much benefit. I'm revisiting this idea.

LaidBak

I am forcing myself to use up my wheat germ oil when I DC, even though it makes my hair feel waxy and coated.
Still using my emu/jbco/grapeseed/water mix to spritz with at night.

winona

LaidBak have you tried it as prepoo a couple hours before. This way you can avoid coating yet get the benefit. If you poo in the morning you can even do overnight prepoo:)

LaidBak

@LaidBak have you tried it as prepoo a couple hours before. This way you can avoid coating yet get the benefit. If you poo in the morning you can even do overnight prepoo:)

Honestly never thought about doing that. Great idea!
ETA: I have prepooed before, but never with just WhGO. I think I will try it with just that oil next time.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LaidBak

I see exactly what you mean/meant about Trigger (Lightweight) when you kept talmbout the scent being intolerable.:blush:...:nono:

I bought the Lightweight thinking it was gone be my Summer Go-To Growth Oil and I haven't been able to use it much because of the smell.

I'll use it, because I have 16 ounce of it, but the smell is not appealing at all.:perplexed

I'm still tryna' figure out why the Regular one isn't as offensive. I'm totally baffled and saddened by that one.:lol:

LaidBak

@LaidBak

I see exactly what you mean/meant about Trigger (Lightweight) when you kept talmbout the scent being intolerable.:blush:...:nono:

I bought the Lightweight thinking it was gone be my Summer Go-To Growth Oil and I haven't been able to use it much because of the smell.

I'll use it, because I have 16 ounce of it, but the smell is not appealing at all.:perplexed

I'm still tryna' figure out why the Regular one isn't as offensive. I'm totally baffled and saddened by that one.:lol:

Yeah, its pretty bad. I finally got around to ordering some fragrance oil. Now I just have to decide which one to use. Have you been getting good growth from using it?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LaidBak

I definitely have/love the Softness and Moisture Retention. Growth, I'm doing 50-11 thangs, so that part is hard to say.:look:

I do like the product a lot. I just wish I had known the Reg/Light (unscented) smelled different. :blush:

I hate to use the Lightweight for HOTs because of the Price.:perplexed

I'll hafta' keep thinking on the best way to use up this bottle.:look:

LaidBak

Prepooed with straight wheat germ oil. Oh boy! When I went to rinse it was like that stuff solidified in my hair. It was coming off in my hand all thick and white (like when cocnut oil soldifies). It shampooed out though, so I guess I'm good.