COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

faithVA

Cowashed last night with Tresemme Naturals. I can now tell the difference between a conditioner that I should cowash with and one that I can leave in. Tresemme is purely for cowashing :yep:

Jobwright

I have been using Tresemme Naturals 3 times a week to co wash. Using on my daughters mini braids too. I spray with a water Tresemme mix then seal with coconut oil and castor. NO MORE FRIZZYS! Yay! For my hair, I have 4 months of new growth so I have 6 plaits under a half wig. I am comfortable so I don't know when I will relax...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

TruMe

Cowashed last night with V05 Moisture Milks. Realized I was out of olive oil so I added castor oil instead to the mix. Was fine, didn't see much of a difference.

faithVA

I probably won't get a lot of responses to this because this isn't the type of thread people read :lol:

Anyone in here apply their conditioner and then rinse, then reapply the conditioner and rinse again?

If so why do you do so? And what benefits have you seen?

I was asking because I was read the deva curl instructions and they stated you can reapply the conditioner up to 3x. And I was wondering what the benefits of reapplying conditioner are.

tia

LivingInPeace

faithVA said:
I probably won't get a lot of responses to this because this isn't the type of thread people read :lol:

Anyone in here apply their conditioner and then rinse, then reapply the conditioner and rinse again?

I was asking because I was read the deva curl instructions and they stated you can reapply the conditioner up to 3x. And I was wondering what the benefits of reapplying conditioner are.

tia

I do that. And I have no real explanation for it. I guess it's just habit from shampooing two or three times.

Ann0804

tia

I do this sometimes because I feel that I'm removing more products, dirt, and oil from my hair.

TruMe

faithVA - I never do that other than with a different conditioner than the one I am cowashing with. For example, I cowash with V05, rinse, and then apply Jane Carter conditioner and then rinse with cold water. I guess it would work like Ann0804 stated in continuing to remove additional elements.

faithVA

I prepooed with Yes to Carrots. I then cowashed with Yes to Carrots :nono: I can tell that it is alkaline because my hair turned into an instant fro. Usually when the water hits my hair, my hair smoothes out some.

So I rinsed out the Yes to Carrots. I had put water in my empty Tresemme bottle to use up the residue in the bottle. I poured this on my hair to try to tame it some. It worked a bit. I rinsed and then put on Tresemme Naturals. I could tell my hair was angry. She wasn't calming down. :lol: I let that sit while I showered.

I didn't even bother trying to detangle in the shower. I rinsed in warm water to get out all of the conditioner. And then I rinsed in cooler water to try to close the cuticle.

My hair's not happy. I will either use the Yes to Carrots as a cowash before I DC or just use it to shave my legs. :ohwell:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Co-washed with Giovanni Nutrafix. Loved it but will use it 2x a month, max! Nothing can touch my Trader Joe's Tingle Treat for my hair!

TruMe

Cowashed again last night with Alaffia. Doesn't really have much slip but it actually does a good job with cleaning my hair. Not sure if I will repurchase this though.

Diva_Esq

Washed out my flatty on Sunday. Been cowashing daily with AM3MM and trying to remoisturize to my liking. Still a little parched from the flatty.

Jobwright

Does anyone use clarifying shampoo? I read that after so many oils and conditioners, it is necessary to clarify. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@Jobwright yes I use a clarifying shampoo weekly or every other week. I likely need to a lot less than that though. Some also use a cleansing conditioner.

Will cowash with AOHSR later.