HOTs, Oil Rinses, Ends Sealing&Scalp Oiling 9/1 - 12/31 2011

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well Ladies...We're in the last Quarter of our Oil Challenge. And I must say, I've learned a Whole New Appreciation for Oils:lick:

The Challenge will run from Sept 1 through December 31st. This is kinda of a do your own thing, listen to your hair thread and act accordingly.:grin:

Please post. We love to hear all the fabulous oils you're using. I know I've picked up several more based on this Thread smh.:nono:

I was tryna' down-size my Oil Stash but it actually grew:blush:

So Welcome This Quarter and Lets get to Oiling!:lick:

@Anaya-Amani
@winona
@TemiLnd
@hannan
@MyAngelEyez~C~U
@Bublin
@swimfan09
@babyu21
@Nix08
@LoveTheSkinImIn
@NappyRina
@daaiyah
@Ronnieaj
@chelseatiara
@Shay72
@Lita
@Ravengirl
@PAgirl
@ladysaraii
@LuvlyRain3
@itismehmmkay
@prettyhair73
@leiah
@beana
@chebaby
@Stella B.
@Amazhaan
@Angelicus
@An_gell
@curlyhersheygirl
@cherry.a
@faithVA
@TruMe
@theneolution
@Imoan
@WriterGirl
@LadyPBC
@PinkPebbles
@baglady215
@Ltown
@FoxxyLocs
@JerriBlank
@AlliCat
@yardgirl
@Ruby True
@JayAnn0513
@againstallodds
@YoursTrulyRE
@Brownie518
@AvaSpeaks
@NJoy
@Jewell
@KittyMeowMeow
@bajandoc86
@.Wanji.
@lamaria211
@allmundjoi
@Minty
@grow
@tiffers
@choctaw
@OsnapCnapp!
@divachyk
@LovinCurls
@Ijanei
@destine2grow
@greenandchic
@Iluvsmuhgrass
@lana
@zuriqueen
@Charla
@Lady Esquire
@larieal
@NappyNelle
@SmilingElephant
@Toot-a-Boot
@Lovelylocs
@Smiley79
@13StepsAhead
Krystle~Hime
@SimJam
@tyffanienn
@chelleypie810
@IslandDiva08
@billyne

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I'm still in! I'm using a version of Moe Growth oil made from Apricot oil, Horsetail and Nettle. I'm using it on my scalp every other day.

Ijanei

I'm still continuing my oil-use. Love olive oil,. grapeseed. cedarwood and rosemary oil. See you ladies at the end of this challenge

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
oooh yes I'm in..doing HOTS every other week followed by a clarifying wash. Oils I'm currently using are:
WGO (stinky but I love love love you)
Avocado
Hemp
Olive
Coconut
Amla

Oh and I seal with Gleau oil blend - an absolute staple, I use this every day:yep:

faithVA

I'm in. I know I enjoy all of the different methods but in this leg of the challenge I want to perfect it more so I know what to use when. I want to strategically put all of these into my regimen on a routine basis.

I actually eliminated oils. I love my sunflower oil. And I have a lot of coconut oil. But I only have 1/4 cup of Olive Oil and Avocado Oil left. I think I will only purchase Olive oil and Jojoba oil to make my oil blend for the rest of the year.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Here are the Oils I'll be using:

Blends
Hydratherma Naturals
Tiiva Growth Oil
Camille Rose Growth Oil
Cocosta Oil
Avysoya Oil
Enso Marshmallow & Moss
Pura Body Naturals Sapote & Pura Body Loc Oil
Claudie Garden Oil
Darcy Botanicals Peach, Cherry, Pumpkin & Watermelon

Oils
Pure Jojoba
JBCO
EVOO
Pumpkin Seed
Black Cumin Seed
Pequi Oil
Coconut
*will buy Plum Oil next year*

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Because of this thread I am always researching the different oils people mention. I've most recently been interested in Plum, Pumpkin Seed, Pomegranate Seed and Black Cumin seed oils.

I'm am loving this challenge and I'll be using my various oil blends that i am doing trial and error with. Of course i will neva eva leave my baby daddy Hempseed oil!:lick: I will be doing HOTs, sealing, scalp massages and oil rinsing:yep:

winona

IDareT'sHair I am going to have to be with you ladies in spirit because Nursing School aint no joke. Sheesh 9 chapters just for day 1:) 1 more to go.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm in there like swimwear! :giggle:

My hair has been so happy since I started incorporating oils into my regimen, so I ain't stoppin'. :grin:

Oils that I have on-hand:

Silk Dreams Nourish
Claudie's Garden Oil
Claudie's Elixer
Sunflower
Castor
Rice bran
Wheat germ :sad:

Charla

Thanks for the notice!

My mainstay is scalp oiling -- currently with sulfur oil every other day. My most recent recipe is 2 oz each of hemp seed oil, evco, evoo and castor oil. 1tsp tea tree, 2 tsp ppo, 2 level tsp sulfur. This is primarily for expedited growth, but it also keeps my scalp nourished, moisturized and seborrheic dermatitis free!

I've been using hemp seed oil as a ceramide treatment. I mix it in my DC, avj/glycerin mix, and Aussie Moist, which I use as a leave-in.

For sealing, I LOVE castor oil!

I'm really interested in oil rinsing and will be incorporating it soon. I ran across a post today while I was researching shingling, and I found this very helpful info to make oil rinsing easier to wrap my mind around.

--
oil rinsing has cut my ssk down big time. i wash and go almost daily. well now every other night at bedtime, I put a lot of coconut oil throughout my hair. I place a plastic cap on it (sort of like ghe). then my bonnet. I sleep like that. Then next morning in the shower, I rinse with warm water. My hair detangles with my fingers and there are virtually no ssk. I love it so far.
I only used coconut oil so far. At nite, my hair is dry. I might spray it with a little water to make it damp. Then I just section my hair in two. I take a bunch of oil and coat the length, then my roots. Then I do the other side of my head. I use a lot of oil, more than I would for sealing but not too much that it will be dripping everywhere. I make two giant two strand twists in my hair. Then I cover with a plastic cap, then a bonnet. This way I am doing a ghe as well. When I shower the new morning, I rinse with warm water and a little cone free condish. My hair feels awesome!
the above from http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=542265&highlight=shingling

Wow, I am really into oils! Never knew a thing about them until I started my HHJ. They are an irreplaceable part of my reggie now!

Last edited:

Minty

oiled my scalp this morning w/pumpkin oil. It is so light and has no smell (FNWL brand). Waiting for mountain/herbs brand in the mail.

I can't believe I still have some Ojon. If it weren't so expensive it would be a staple. It's in rotation to get used up.

(I'm still trying to catch up from the other thread session)

MaraWithLove

I'm in! So far just using bhringraj oil. I'm oil shopping this weekend and will update the list then!

Sent from my M860 using M860

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Definitely in for this round! I'll be using a sulfur oil concotion, Vatika oil, castor oil and grape seed oil.

LaidBak

I'm in! Its difficult for me to go hard with oils in the summer because of the humidity we get in the DMV. Can you say 'shiny face'?? But all that stops in Sept, so this thread is right on time.
I have some sulfur oil mixes for growth (Claudies's, etc), Wild Growth Oil, Vatika Frosting, a spray oil, and single oils like Sunflower, Avocado, EVOO, EVCO, jojoba, JBCO, and Grapeseed. I ALWAYS DC with oil, and I seal my ends nightly with it.
So I'm in!
This morning I am applying sunflower for shine without weight.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DROID2 GLOBAL

Seamonster

Wow, how did I miss this one. I am an oil junkie. It would be embarrassing for me to admit to all the oils I have, and embarrassing to admit that all I can think about is more. Probably have at least fifty different oils. Missing some of the exotic expensive ones, but I have my eye on them. Got my eye out for oils from South Africa.

Right now I am using and loving mustard seed oil. Used it in oil rinses and it was good. Since I just switched to hot oils, it is pretty amazing and so reasonable for all the beauty it provides.

Bublin

I'm loving my oils....i'm concentrating on the ceramide rich ones.
Hempseed for oil rinsing, a liitle Hot Six Oil for sealing before i use my grease and for hot oil treatments on dry hair.

I have coconut oil but my hair doesn't like it so that may have to go on my body!

Jojoba Oil for my scalp, Castor Oil also used for sealing - it's great for slicking down my unruly edges.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Thanks for the notice!

My mainstay is scalp oiling -- currently with sulfur oil every other day. My most recent recipe is 2 oz each of hemp seed oil, evco, evoo and castor oil. 1tsp tea tree, 2 tsp ppo, 2 level tsp sulfur. This is primarily for expedited growth, but it also keeps my scalp nourished, moisturized and seborrheic dermatitis free!

I've been using hemp seed oil as a ceramide treatment. I mix it in my DC, avj/glycerin mix, and Aussie Moist, which I use as a leave-in.

For sealing, I LOVE castor oil!

I'm really interested in oil rinsing and will be incorporating it soon. I ran across a post today while I was researching shingling, and I found this very helpful info to make oil rinsing easier to wrap my mind around.

--
the above from http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=542265&highlight=shingling

Wow, I am really into oils! Never knew a thing about them until I started my HHJ. They are an irreplaceable part of my reggie now!

Thanks for this..I was interested in oil rinsing but too lazy to research:look:

hannan

:yahoo: I am ready this time!

I've got castor, hemp seed, safflower, coconut oils, a heck of a lot of butters, and some Claudie elixir for my scalp. Nothing too fancy :lol:. I'll use the liquid oils for adding to my dcs and oil rinsing and the butters for heavy sealing.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I want to join...this will be my first challenge :grin:

Right now, I'm using Mega Care Grape seed Oil, Hot Six Oil, Castor Oil and I may try more :look:. I use oils for HOTs, sealing, adding to DCs or scalp massages.

curlyhersheygirl

IDareT'sHair Thanks for the add. I initially joined to use up my oils and like you I've added more to the list but since joining this challenge I have seen a great improvement in the condition of my hair.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Of course I'm in. I oil my scalp, seal, steam, and oil rinse.

I'll be using:
Cocasta
Hemp Seed
Rice Bran
Sunflower
Grapeseed
Vatika frosting
Claudie's Elixir

Will repurchase Gleau at some point. I will just add it to one of my Amazon orders.

allmundjoi

Oh,

Oil rinse 2-4x/wk with castor oil.

Seal 5-7x/wk with castor oil/hemp seed oil mix or with castor oil/wheat germ oil mix.

Use a leave in 2-5x/wk with evoo in it and seal with castor oil.

Oil scalp w/castor oil 2-3x/wk.