HOTs, Oil Rinse, Sealing April 1st - June 30th 2012 PARTII

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
:lol::lol::lol: IDareT'sHair and Nix08

Last night I used HH Avocado Cloud on my hair, and it was so 'blingy' today. I also used some Peach Aloe Pomade on my edges. Tomorrow, I'll use some castor oil on my ends and edges.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Greased my scalp with Happy Hempy. Still working on remembering to grease my scalp a few times a week.

xu93texas

I'm pre-pooing now with a combo of hempseed oil, amla oil, vatika oil, jbco, and mahabhringaraj oils on top of LustraSilk shea butter/mango cholesterol under a plastic cap.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Wash Day:

Will use Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil with my Leave-In.

After drying will massage in some Naturelle Grow's Growth Oil

NappyNelle

Tonight, I'll do a scalp massage with sulfur and Baggy/GHE. I'm going to use Oyin's Frank Juice, seal my length with hemp seed oil, and add castor oils to ends and edges. I'm going to be really oily tomorrow. :lol:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Did an oil rinse last night...I had initially intended to only do them once or twice a week. Seems I do it much more than that...I love oil rinsing:love:

Brownie518

I ended up not washing last night so I've been sitting with my head soaked in Trigger since Wed. morning. I'll def. be washing tonight.

faithVA

Oiled my scalp with my castor oil blend. Gave myself a nice massage. Now I'm sitting under my heat cap for 30 minutes. I have oiled my scalp 2x this week.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Oil rinsed today...starting this weekend I think I'll need to be deliberate about adding it to my ng I'm 6 weeks post.

choctaw

rinsed hair with diluted acv and co-washed after swimming
sealed with eco custard (eco styler gel, EVOO, liquid lecithin, EVCO, castor oil, AVG, Shapley’s MTG and Darbar [a body oil that kills odor of MTG]

*diluted eco custard with distilled water in a spray bottle

curlyhersheygirl

I kept forgetting to post so here's what i did for the week.

Monday: Massaged with claudie's elixir, misted and applied my mix for an overnight HOT

Tuesday Wash day: massaged with trigger, M&S with CJ's smoothing lotion and MD's argan blend.

Wednesday:Massaged with trigger, misted with claudie's tea spritz and M&S with Kyra's coconut hair milk and claudie's tiffani pomade

Thursday: Massaged with trigger, misted with claudie's tea spritz and M&S kyra's coconut hair milk and oyin's bsp

Friday: Massage with claudie's elixir, mist and apply my mix for an overnight HOT.

NappyNelle

Nix08 How have you been doing your oil rinses?

Last night I sealed my damp hair with QB AOHC. When I'm finished with these twists, I will probably add hemp seed oil along the length for some bling.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
NappyNelle this way works so well for me.....if I'm cowashing I do a first lather of conditioner...rinse....then apply my oil blend...about 3 pumps...then apply my second lather of conditioner....clip up my hair while I wash my body....rinse from head to toe.
I will be doing this later tonight as well. If I shampoo I add it after I rinse the shampoo but before I add conditioner. How do you do yours?

NappyNelle

Ooooh ok! Mine is similar: I dampen my hair with water, coat with oil, steam for 30 minutes, then cowash it out. Most of the time I end up adding more conditioner and go back under the steamer, just because I like to deep condition.

I'm trying to get my cousin on board with using light oils on her relaxed hair, but she won't listen. :spinning: At least I got her to start using conditioner more than once a month when the stylist does her hair.

ETA: Massaged sulfur oil into my hairline. I'm too tired to finish these twists tonight... maybe tomorrow before my date with mom. :drunk:

xu93texas

I've been applying JBCO every other night to scalp and doing a massage. I alternate nights with Peppermint Pomade-Vanilla scent.

I pre-poo'd yesterday with my ayurvedic oil blend.