Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

• Yes - always!

Votes: 222 55.0%
  • Nope - only after a co-/wash.

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Nope - only whenever I feel my hair needs it

Votes: 91 22.5%
  • Nope - but only because I usually forget.

Votes: 44 10.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 31 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brookse2

I voted other because I always seal my ends after moisturizing because I contantly bun and I'm worried about the ends being tucked under without some extra protection. I moisturize with NTM and seal with Africas best ultimate herbal oil.

RocStar

I do seal (with coconut oil) everytime I moisturize my ends (which is about every other day).

PRBLKGIRL

yes since on the boards I have and I'm so glad that I do because my hair looks so healthy and it doesn't look dry anymore!

Lava27

Yes ALWAYS! I've been moisturizing and bunning for years, but never used oil...my hair was always dry and braking...sealing with oil has made a huge difference in my hair!

lowridin76

I always seal with coconut oil after moisturizing. It makes my hair look and feel amazing throughout the day!

Junebug D

Not anymore. Oil sealing is one thing I picked up from here that I wish I hadn't. :lol: It didn't hold in moisture for any longer, and it weighed my hair down, and made my hair feel gummy & slick to the touch. And please don't say anything about using a dime-sized amount... :look:

Is anyone using this?

^^ That stuff is good. I did use this before the jojoba, castor, coconut, EVOO test craze set in. That was very light and didn't leave my hair feeling gummy, no matter how much I used.

The Princess

Yes.

I use ORS Olive Oil creme in the jar, Palmers Coconut Oil Hair Milk, GVP Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner".

I seal with Hairveda Vatika Frosting. ( This stuff makes my ends so soft, I love it)

LaidBak

Is anyone using this?

Only on my edges. I am hoping it will thicken them.

I always seal with oil. Coconut oil works the best because it doesn't weigh my fine hair down and it gives great shine. How often? As often as I need it--2ce a day or 2ce a week. Just depends on what my hair is asking for.

Last edited:

mizzdee

Yes, whenever I co-wash or wash my hair. I use NTM leave in and seal with organic coconut oil. I co-wash every other day and wash w/poo 1x a week and my hair will stay moisturized until the next wash.

I didn't always seal tho :look: I tried a lot of oils and my hair never reacted well with even the lightest oil. Then I found coconut oil :infatuated: I used to be one of those people that did not believe the hype about sealing until I found this.

LushLox

If I moisturise with shea butter there is absolutely no need to seal because it moisturises the hair so well.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Yes, I seal with oil after moisturizing before going to bed and sometimes I also seal my hair when moisturizing in the morning.

Americka

Yes! Plus my hair behaves better with a small amount of oil in it. Just enough to give it some shine and seal in the moisture.

equestrian

Leaving some of the conditioner in my hair after my co-washes is more than enough. I'm not big on oils(probably because I've only tried olive oil, hate that stuff)

RossBoss

I don't really believe in the concept of sealing. Sometimes I use just oil, sometimes just moisturizer or a combination of both. Never had any problems.

Aggie

I don't always seal my ends after moisturizing but I do when my hair absolutely needs it and sometimes I'm just downright lazy and don't wanna do it:giggle:.

LaToya28

I don't always seal because most of my products contain some type of oil or butter anyway. Also now that it's getting hot I don't want to be walking around with a greasy forhead.

Fab_Nikki

After I co-wash and apply my leave in, I then apply shea butter. If that's sealing then heck yeah i seal. Otherwise I have no idea what I'm doing :( I can only hope for the best at this point. LOL