Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

• Yes - always!

Votes: 222 55.0%
  • Nope - only after a co-/wash.

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Nope - only whenever I feel my hair needs it

Votes: 91 22.5%
  • Nope - but only because I usually forget.

Votes: 44 10.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 31 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

discodumpling

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing? Yes I learned early on that I must seal in whatever form of moistureI put in my hair...other wise I walk around with soft gauzy looking hair ala Frederick Douglass. LOL! Sometimes that's actualy the look i'm going for sometimes not!
If so, how often do you moisturize? Every time I take a shower. On the hottest days this summer I was moisturizing and sealing 3X a day!

How much of the moisturizer and sealant do you use each time? If i'm using my homemade or a commercial moisturizer I use about a QUARTER sized dollop on my hand pass it through my hair. ALOT LESS for cocosheaaloe.
Proudcts? Water is my staple moisturizer. On occasion I will & have used ORS Olive Oil Lotion and I make a cocoshealoe mix (no sealing required)mostly in the winter. Sometimes I use str8 aloe gel (when bunning or smoothing my up do). I seal with coconut oil 95% of the time. When my hair asks for something different I switch it up and use jojoba, grapeseed and once in a while castor oil.

pisceschica

I do it every time or else my ends get frizzy esp in this summer humidity. When I finish shampooing/conditioning my hair I mix olive oil and coconut oil, melt it, put it on my ends, and then sit under the dryer for about 10 min. After that I rinse and roller set and it comes out really nice.

Crown

No. Definitely, oil/butter and my hair are not good friends. It takes me time to understand what my hair had to say : between wash days, a leave-in is all it want.

LadyKaypnyc

No, the only time I put oil on my hair is when I'm dcing. I used to seal, but I didn't notice any real difference when I didn't do it, so I don't see the point.

Neith

I picked other.

I dampen my hair at night, put moisturizer in and braid it.

In the morning (still damp) I throw a little more water in it and put oil in.

I do it this way because sometimes I would have spots where the leave in didn't absorb when I added the everything at once in the morning.

Sometimes I just keep the braids in and I don't add any oils. Usually on lazy Sundays like today :)

JustKiya

I tried this a while ago with coconut, jojoba and/or olive oil, and my hair hated it - instant crunch. I tried it again, a month or two ago, with castor oil mix with Survivor detangler, and my hair LOVES it. I seal after I DC, before I let my hair airdry, and then seal again after I apply my leave-in and style my hair. It leaves my hair super soft and moist all week.

anon123

I don't usually, as I don't really believe oil can seal moisture in for long anyhow. Oil has its uses, though, and I sometimes do put it on. Anyway, I think practically every leave-in I have has some type of oil in it already.

naturalpride

I use shea butter to moisturized while my hair is wet and when it dries. Once my hair dries I moisturize with shea butter and seal with oil.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I voted for yes I always do. :yep: I'm doing the baggie method and it is a must to use oil after using a moisturizer.

letitgrow0702

I always do. My hair is very pourous. I use to have to do it daily until I started using Bio Fusion with Olive oil. Now I do it every other day. I seal with Vatika Oil.

BostonMaria

I just recently started using castor oil for the first time. Wow what a difference it makes when you seal with the right oil! My hair is soft and doesn't feel dry at all. I am going to rollerset tonight and will use coconut oil.

Toy

I moisturize 2-3 times during the week depending on my hair and i use s-curl,hairveda green tea butter or proline moisturizer or qhetmet root burdock butter and w/a mixture of oils such as avocado,jojoba,hazelnut,apricot and castor oil.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Yea I moisturize/seal whenever my hair is out. Usually with combos B&B Aloe/ Castro Oil Lotion, S-Curl, Vatika Oil, Carrot Oil, Coconut Oil, I have other stuff to but I dont use all. Just 1 moisturizer an 1 oil focusing on my ends and edges.

TexturedTresses

I used to when I was using my glycerin spray, but now i use nourish and shine (which is basically different butters) i don't seal with anything

MzOptimistic

I always seal after moisturizing:yep: when my ends are baggied of course, which is 99.9% of the time:grin: I wear my hair out, maybe once every other weekend.

pri

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing? If so, how often do you moisturize? How much of the moisturizer and sealant do you use each time? Also, what products do you like to use for each?

Thanks!

Yep..everytime! I moisturize 2x a day & I use less then a dime size of both. I like to use Elucence MBC and I seal it w/ Seyani hair butter or EVCO. Works great for me.

msa

I use water as my moisturizer. Anytime I wet my hair I seal with oil, usually castor.

CurlyMoo

I use oil to seal after using moisturizer if I'm doing a wash n' go, braid out, twist out. I use it to seal in my leave in conditioner when doing a rollerset.
But I only use it on the ends of my hair just after flat-ironing. I don't use it again until my next wash cause my hair remains moisturized.

Ha, I thought I was the only one who sealed my leave-in conditioner. I use cold pressed Castor Oil and it works great on sealing moisture. I don't seal every time I use a moisturizer because of greasy or gritty buildup.

cookie1

I don't. Most oils make my hair dry, brittle, and dull. Since I don't seal, I usually end up moisturizing twice a day. I think my hair is overly pourous. I still haven't found a mositurizer that's great.

I haven't found a good moisturizer either and trying different ones cost. I love Hairveda Whipped Cream but, it works best on my hair after flatironing. I need a moisturizer that'll work just as good on air dryed/drying hair.

Cinda2503

Yup, I seal with EVOO everytime I moisturize which is 2-3x a day. I moisturize with Garnier-Fructis Strenght & Repair Conditioner. This is really helped with the dryness issue I was constantly having. This allows me to have to co-was everyday.