Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

• Yes - always!

Votes: 222 55.0%
  • Nope - only after a co-/wash.

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Nope - only whenever I feel my hair needs it

Votes: 91 22.5%
  • Nope - but only because I usually forget.

Votes: 44 10.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 31 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isis

I use oil to seal after using moisturizer if I'm doing a wash n' go, braid out, twist out. I use it to seal in my leave in conditioner when doing a rollerset.
But I only use it on the ends of my hair just after flat-ironing. I don't use it again until my next wash cause my hair remains moisturized.
I too use oil to seal in my leave in before rollersetting. :yep: I wash 2 x each week and doing this keeps my hair moisturized.

miracle

~I don't seal all of my hair after daily moisturization, just my ends. And I'll use Kemi Oyl, or if I'm being super lazy, Profectiv Oil Sheen to seal my ends.

~When shampooing and rollersetting my hair, I apply my leave-in after DC'ing and seal all of my hair with my John Frieda serum & a few drops of Sweet Almond Oil. I then go over the ends again w/a few drops of Kemi Oyl.

Last edited:

prospurr4

Yes, I do! I use a leave-in conditioner (Giovanni Direct or Motions Nourish) prior to rollersetting and seal with a dime-sized amount of coconut oil and serum. If wearing an updo, every night before bedtime, I moisturize with plain water and seal with castor oil. If wearing my hair down, I add a bit a coconut oil only to my ends every couple of days to keep my hair moisturized.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I suffer from dry hair especially my ends. It is one of my problem spots and no matter what I use it doesn't seem to work so starting last night I decided to make my own moisturezer of water, conditioner, Alma Oil and a little Castor Oil. I sprayed it on my hair and then sealed the ends with straight Castor Oil and rolled on flexi rods and went to bed.

This morning I took the rollers down and I most say that for once my ends are not looking dried. I will keep at this every night for a while to see how this works out but for right now it seems to be working.

Mandy4610

I DON'T MEAN TO BE IGNORANT, BUT WHAT DO YOU LADIES MEAN BY SEALING WITH OIL. IS THIS WITH THE RUNNY OIL OR WITH THE GREASE STUFF?

EMJazzy

Happily retired
When I use both of those together my hair stays moisturized for a long time, and when it dries my hair is sooo soft to the touch it just may give my beloved Garnier Fructis a run for it's money when it comes to my wash-n-go's. :look:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm going to try both of these together and see if I get the same moisturizing effects that I got with the Olive version.

Last edited:

wheezy807

When I use both of those together my hair stays moisturized for a long time, and when it dries my hair is sooo soft to the touch it just may give my beloved Garnier Fructis a run for it's money when it comes to my wash-n-go's. :look:

I was just eyeing that olive moisturizing serum in walgreens yesterday, good to hear someone likes it. Is the first ingredient water?

wheezy807

I DON'T MEAN TO BE IGNORANT, BUT WHAT DO YOU LADIES MEAN BY SEALING WITH OIL. IS THIS WITH THE RUNNY OIL OR WITH THE GREASE STUFF?
When we moisturize the hair, some ladies usually follow up with a oil to seal in the moisture. I think a majority of us use the runny oil. HTH.

TLC1020

Nope-> Only when my hair needs it.......
My hair seem to do well when l moisturize then apply baggy, my hair don't really need oil unless its really dry, therefore I try not to let it get that dry.. I've been applying moisturizer to the ends then baggy overnight then before work I twist the hair into a bun.. Its been doing quite well so I'm going keep doing it this way....

GoldenBreeze

I moisturize with conditioner and aloe vera, and seal with either coconut, castor, avocado, jojoba, almond, amla, brahmi, or cranberry oil. If I don't use oil, then I use butters to seal: red palm, avacodo, olive, hemp, or shea.

GoingNatural

I moisturize with conditioner and aloe vera, and seal with either coconut, castor, avocado, jojoba, almond, amla, brahmi, or cranberry oil. If I don't use oil, then I use butters to seal: red palm, avacodo, olive, hemp, or shea.

I used to seal with oil, but now i just use hemp seed butter.

nappity

Always after I co-wash. I like Jamaican Black Castor oil and meadowfoam oil- my hair because of the color has to stay moist or it looks and feels crispy. When I am desperate- I mix Deva-Curl moisture gel , BBD Stretch with Qhemets olive cream and I get moist shiny twists

N

NaturalBeauty87

Yes always with my trusty coconut oil, otherwise my hair will not stay soft all day. Mango butter and coconut oil are my hair's life savers! We love them very much!:love:

The Princess

I usually seal after co wash and wash days. When I do I usually do the ends only. It has help greatly, my ends are not brittle or dry anymore. After time I realize I don't have to do my whole head. I also use oil when I prepoo, this works well for me.