What Oil Do You Use

OsnapCnapp!

I use grapeseed oil and just re-discovered EVOO and how well it keeps my ends soft. I have been using apricot oil; its no biggy really. I also use jojoba oil with the EVOO and it keeps it so soft.

I would like to bring coconut oil back into the picture and want to try vatika oil and any other oils that produce a scalp tingle.

JJamiah

@JJamiah

Girl, you've piqued my interest - I'm a PJ and not ashamed to admit it :)

1. What's it made of?
2. What effect does it give? Shine, manageability, etc.
3. Most importantly, where can I find this here Buriti Oil?

sipp100

http://www.sallybeauty.com/buriti-oil/SBS-777790,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

It makes my hair soft and silky, I use it as the finishing of my dry sets :)

You can get this at Sally's and the ingredients are there :) Your too funny.

Thanks for the first line I just started laughing. LOL

Prudent1

Let's see, coconut, argan, walnut, castor, jojoba, grapeseed, EVO, & tea tree. I use my oils for sealing and scalp massages.

I did try other oils but after trial and error periods discovered which percentages worked for me (what sealed but didn't leave my collars, neck, face, pillows, a greasy mess!).

I have had some wheat germ oil in certain condish I purchased but have not tried it outright so I don't really feel like I know whether my hair benfitted from it.

Out of all of the oils I use, I agree for me, the heavier oils work best for sealing.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I have a few oils but the main ones I use are castor oil and Natural 7 oil from Sally's. The Natural 7 oil I use for oil rinsing and the castor oil for sealing. Both a quite heavy and thick in my hand, but are really soft and light on my hair.

Lady S

I switch between Redkin Anti-Snap & Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Kinky Curly Knot Today. Not that I'm a recovering product junkie or anything. . . .

sweetypoo705

:yep: Organic Coconut, EVOO, and Vatika oils are my staples-but I want to try grape seed oil and some of the oils mentioned on the forum- newbie who wants to try different oils to see what works with my hair.

4b relaxed
CLB to APL 2012

Aggie

I have used so many oils and the only one that really works for me is Jamaican Black Castor Oil and keeps it moisturized much longer than all the other oils I have tried. EVOO and EVCO are great for HOTs for my hair and scalp but my ends love JBCO.

I'm going to try mixing it with crisco to thicken it a bit and see how that works out seeing that neither of them have any harsh ingredients in them.

Last edited:

beauti

got a collection that i used to rotate, used vatika for a while but always come back to my trusty castor oil i <3 this oil

NaturalEnigma

I tried Vatika oil and it made my hair dry. I really wanted to like it though because of all the rave reviews on it. I use coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil ( my hair falls in and out of love with it), EO smooth conditioning serum, Aphogee essential oils and Mega Care's Carrot oil.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use coconut oil because of it's great benefits but it stinks up my hair. I may just start using it to dc or pre-poo. I mostly use Hairveda Vatika Frosting which is basically scented co, and evoo. I like the fact that I can skip the moisturizer when using these two oils because they penetrate the hair shaft. I usually only do this with straight hair because my hair is fine and I can't use a lot of product.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Miss*Tress

I use castor oil because it is thick, so I feel it is definitely coating my hair, and it makes my hair so soft. I think the thickness of the oil also helps prevent SSKs because the hairs are well lubricated and there is less chance of snagging, matting and tangling.
That's how I feel about shea butter. It's become my go-to sealant.

Rose1

I usually mix EVCO, JBCO and emu oil with a few drops of essential oils together and apply to my scalp which is very moisturising. For some reason, I have never used EVCO by itself on my hairor scalp, I'm not sure why.

This week I decided to experiment more with oils I've never used before and create an oil mix for my hair and body, kind of based on Naptural85's hair and body oil she made on Youtube. I purchased sweet almond oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil (not one of Naptual85's ingrdients, but hey!) and jojoba oil on Ebay. I had some EVOO in the kitchen, and replaced the regular castor oil with JBCO. I ran out of room in my applicator bottle so did not include the grapeseed oil, but will include it once I've used some of the mix up and have more room in the bottle. I didn't use vitamin e oil. My hair's currently in braids so I won't really feel the benefit until I take my extensions out and use on my natural hair if that makes sense. I may add some EO's to the mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_UMOBOZG0

BadMamaJama

I got super excited and bought a bunch of oils. Then I went to Sallys and got a big pump bottle. In it I put:

Avocado oil
Olive oil
Grapeseed oil
Reg castor oil
Sweet Almond oil
Sunflower oil
Tea Tree eo

I use this mix to seal or for a prepoo or oil rinse. I like having them all mixed together.

I have coconut oil but my hair doesn't really like it