Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing?

• Yes - always!

Votes: 222 55.0%
  • Nope - only after a co-/wash.

Votes: 16 4.0%
  • Nope - only whenever I feel my hair needs it

Votes: 91 22.5%
  • Nope - but only because I usually forget.

Votes: 44 10.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 31 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glib Gurl

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing? If so, how often do you moisturize? How much of the moisturizer and sealant do you use each time? Also, what products do you like to use for each?

Thanks!

Proudpiscean

I always seal after moisturizing :yep:
How often depends on how my hair feels. I use to have to moisturize/seal daily (when I first found LHCF & started taking better care of my hair). Now, I only have to do it 2-3 times a week.

Cleve_gryl

I always seal now. I seal with jojoba after using NTM on dry hair every other day...and seal with Castor when doing wash n go.

sweetcashew

I use oil to seal after using moisturizer if I'm doing a wash n' go, braid out, twist out. I use it to seal in my leave in conditioner when doing a rollerset.
But I only use it on the ends of my hair just after flat-ironing. I don't use it again until my next wash cause my hair remains moisturized.

Str8~Curly

I don't. Most oils make my hair dry, brittle, and dull. Since I don't seal, I usually end up moisturizing twice a day. I think my hair is overly pourous. I still haven't found a mositurizer that's great.

sweetcashew

I don't. Most oils make my hair dry, brittle, and dull. Since I don't seal, I usually end up moisturizing twice a day. I think my hair is overly pourous. I still haven't found a mositurizer that's great.

I used to have that problem that's why I started making my own blends. You could possibly be using too much oil. A little oil goes a long way.

Do you always seal with oil after moisturizing? If so, how often do you moisturize? How much of the moisturizer and sealant do you use each time? Also, what products do you like to use for each?

Thanks!

I seal my ends after I spray in my leave in condtioner when it's wet and before I blow-dry.

glamazon386

Really . . . why not?

I don't feel that I need it. I didn't really use it when I was relaxed either. It just made my hair feel nasty and greasy and I'd want to wash it out. And grease weighed my hair down since it's fine. As long as I keep up with my weekly (or biweekly in some cases) washing and conditioning I don't need to add anything else to my hair.

InnerSoul

I always seal after washing/ moisturizing etc.. if my moisturizer already has an oil in it then it seals for me.. otherwise I usually just apply extra oils if I use a moisturizer that does not have oil in it already.

silvergirl

Do you use anything on your ends for a seal?

nope. i cowash my hair daily, condition and airdry. i feel washing my hair everyday helps it retain its softness and moisture without having to add anything to it.

on occasion ill experiment an add leave ins but i havent had the need to use moisturizers or use oils at all.

HoneyDew

I never do.

I only use oil when I feel that I need it. Even then, only certain oils I can use. Thicker oils and oil blends work better for me. I can tell a difference.

But, most times if I apply a moisturizer I don't need oil because my favorites already have oil in them. Sunrise Products Hair Souffle for example have grapeseed oil and others in them.

wheezy807

In the very beginning of my journey, i always moisturized and sealed with an oil. Then i started to forget to seal the ends when i moisturized some days. But i realized my hair was still thriving so now i don't seal at all. I moisturize with ors olive oil nightly. But it can be used as a moisturizer and a sealant, so maybe i am sealing my ends?