How do you use coconut oil?

CurlsBazillion

In cold weather I don't use it at all because it makes my hair crunchy when it solidifies. I love it in my DC's and I do like to moisturize-apply a little coconut oil- then seal with a heavier oil or butter.

greenandchic

I only use it as a prepoo and detangler these days. My hair hates it otherwise unless its blended with other oils.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
It is excellent as a prepoo oil. Makes my hair detangle while pooing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Aggie

I drink it right out of the jar and add 1-2 tbs to my deep conditioner. It is great as a scalp oil as well but I only do this sometimes - I'm too lazy to do it often. I may add some of it to my sulfur oil mix though and kill 2 birds with one stone.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I drink it right out of the jar and add 1-2 tbs to my deep conditioner. It is great as a scalp oil as well but I only do this sometimes - I'm too lazy to do it often. I may add some of it to my sulfur oil mix though and kill 2 birds with one stone.
Drink it??

InBloom

In my new-growth
I use it as a prepoo only. It softens like no other. I haven't had the same softness with sealing, I prefer hempseed or jojoba for that. I sometimes add it to DCs too.

I might try it for skin uses though.

niqu92

i used it today and now i see what crunchyness everyone is talking about. i washed my hair, DC'd, and applied coconut oil to my scalp while my hair was damp.the result was dry crunchy hard hair.i'll start using it again once the weather warms up

alopeciagrl

Wow I have never heard of crunchy hair after using coconut oil. I am a 4b natural with fine hair my hair loves it. I seal with it before I dry my hair, I use it in my scalp and apply directly to hair if I feel like I need moisture between washes or as a sheen. For me natural coconut oil is a staple

greenbees

I'm natural and I use it for hot oil treatments and I add some of it to my conditioners and every now and then I use a little bit of it on my scalp. I rarely use it to seal my ends, I find that either castor oil or EVOO works better on my ends.

LaidBak

Relaxed 4B here. I use it in the winter months as a daily sealer. I like the fact that it "hardens" because I know its staying put and protecting my ends.

Its good for your hair, skin, and taste buds too I'm learning! :lol: I'll have to mix it with other hair goodies, since it's too light as a sealer for my hair.

klsjackson

My coconut oil has little bits of coconut in it! Is it okay to use in my hair? I found it in the vitamin section of Walgreen's. It says for use in hair and skin, but you could take as a supplement also. Lol!!!

Aggie

My coconut oil has little bits of coconut in it! Is it okay to use in my hair? I found it in the vitamin section of Walgreen's. It says for use in hair and skin, but you could take as a supplement also. Lol!!!
Sure you can sans the bits of coconut.

Ann0804

I'm Natural

I use coconut oil to oil my scalp with. I also use it as a facial moisturizer twice a day. Sometimes, I use it to oil my skin with after showering. It's also good as a spread on toast.

MsLauren

i use it in my deeeeeppp conditioner mixtures....a little bit of coconut oil with aussie moist and a little bit of joico moisture recovery.

SmilingElephant

Coconut oil makes my afro puff full and soft
tastes good in coffee and oatmeal

I've tried it in oatmeal before:lick: i MUST try it in my coffee!!:lick::lick:

I just oiled my hair with it last nite. I used EVOO and EVCO and drenched my hair with it all and gave myself a scalp massage. I also like it to seal and as an oil rinse...i am really fond of coconut oil:yep: