By The End of 2011 I Want To Be...

MysteryMermaid

95% of my strands all below my neck hairline while shrunken in my box braids.

I don't count the forhead hairline hairs becaise I'm trimming them back more purposely to thicken up my hairline.. people be thinking I got on a reeeeally good lace front lol...

yes *toot*toot*

afrochique

By the end of 2011, I want to be full MBL with thick, healthy hair and blunt ends.
What have you learned about your hair?
When treated right, it will thrive.
Your regimen?
-Stretching my relaxers for 6 mths.
-Moisturizing and sealing.
-Protective styling using buns in warm weather and wigs in cold weather>
-DC and minimal heat.

What do you expect to accomplish in the upcoming year?
My goals of full APL, BSL and MBL. Having thicker and healthier hair.
How do you plan to accomplish it? See regimen.
Are you doggedly determined to make a certain length, or are you more focused on the overall heath of your hair and nailing down your regimen?
My regimen has been consistent, and although I do think of length, I believe that health is more important.
If you have a length goal, will it be your first time getting to that length?
Yes!!!!:drunk:

tapioca_pudding

I realized that I love my natural hair. I texlaxed outta frustration and have secretly regretted it ever since. I bc'd too soon and couldn't deal with the short hair / lack of style options besides a twa. So im gonna transition all next year and mayb beyond if I can handle the two textures. Not too concerned with a length goal because im focusing on keeping my hair healthy and finding styles that work well during my transition. Im excited...!!
So in a nutshell Dec 2011 I will be 14 months post either fully natural or still transitioning. :yep: hhg ladies...

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
By the end of next year, I'm hoping for a healthy MBL, with thick and healthy ends. :grin:

I've learned that my hair needs to be taken care of, but it doesn't need to be obsessed over. If I just keep it clean, conditioned, moisturized, and protected, it will grow and retain.

Your regimen?
Once a week, I shampoo, deep condition, rollerset, and if necessary, I flat iron my roots. In between wash days, I moisturize and seal my ends and wear buns.

I would like to accomplish thicker hair and definitely expect to accomplish healthier and fuller ends.

How do you plan to accomplish it?
I will be trimming and dusting consistently throughout the year, as well as committing to another full year of bunning. And I'm finally going to start using Joico Clinicure, which is supposed to thicken up hair.

Are you doggedly determined to make a certain length, or are you more focused on the overall heath of your hair and nailing down your regimen?
I guess both...my regimen is down pat. I know what my hair needs, and when it acts up, I know how to fix it. And I definitely want to make MBL by the end of next year. But I also want to use this year to focus on health, instead of letting it grow longer and ending up needing a cut later on.

No. My hair was MBL when I was a child. :(

creolefox

It hates, hates hates shea anything...leaves it dry:evil:...
My hair thrives on moisture and oil, i cant go without combing it more than a day can you say matted mess????
ponytails are not my edges friend
rollersets are the only way to make my hair look thicker!!(thin haired for life :)

Your regimen?
I wash and condition weekly alternating with HELTR condish, tresseme anti breakage shampoo, and mane and tail shampoo and condish.
every other week i deep condish with le kair cholesh. and sit under heat for 30 min.
I blowdry with fantasia heat serum and flat iron.
my hair is in a pony/bun under a bonnet 99 percent of the time cause of my job(lab animal tech:heart3:)
at nite i baggy my ends with carrot oil or soft sheen oil moisturizer and put on my satin scarf :)

A few things: mbl hair!!! incorporating a less heat regimen and growing out my edges

protective styling, sulfur 8, doo gro mega thick oil and water(drinking it all day every day!)

I am more so determined on hair health....making waist length would be great but it wouldn't matter if my hair was snapping off if i treated it like shyt... :)

If you have a length goal, will it be your first time getting to that length? Yes ma'am!!!! yes indeedie!!!!! <3

davisbr88

I'd really love to be MBL by December 2011! I plan to do that through protective styling and keeping my moisture/protein balance in check since I know that no-low manipulation really helps me to retain.
For the next year, I just plan to DC/Amla treat weekly, baggy once a week, and keep my hair mostly hidden. I'll cowash as needed.
I am doggedly determined to make MBL so that I can be on schedule to hit HL in 2013. Of course, I care about my hair's health but I have already set aside the times when I will trim and I will concentrate on focusing on the health of my ends so I won't need to trim more often. I expect to retain a lot and hopefully have NO setbacks *fingers crossed*
The longest my hair has ever been is scraping APL during my transition, so anything below that will be a first for me!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
By the end of 2011 I want to be hip length. The plan is a year's stretch so I won't be retouching until October.

2010 was a year of change for me because I switched to texlaxing so I could be a DIYer all the way. I love it. I use all of the products I used with my curly perm and my hair continues to flourish. People are always making comments about how "fast" my hair grows and how there's so much of it. It seems that way to them :lol:. To me it takes ages to grow and I'm thinking you think I have a lot of hair, you should some of the heads of hair on the hair forum I'm on.

Carisa

What have you learned about your hair? It likes protein

Your regimen? Braids, stretching relaxers, protein treatments, mixture of oils, vitamins, dc 1-2x. mnth, No trimming coloring or heat

What do you expect to accomplish in the upcoming year? MBL

How do you plan to accomplish it? staying consistent with my regi

Are you doggedly determined to make a certain length, or are you more focused on the overall heath of your hair and nailing down your regimen? I want all of this

If you have a length goal, will it be your first time getting to that length? Yes

growingbrown

I would love to be fully natural and loving it! No matter how short, long, or curly it is!

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

lisajames96

I want to be full BSL and maybe grazing MBL by the end of 2011.
What have you learned about your hair? Likes water daily

Your regimen?
Wash and condition 1x a week. oil strands at least 3 times a week

It will be my first time getting to that length!

wannabelong

What have you learned about your hair? - my hair grows in V so there is no use in cutting it unil I get to my goal length.
regimen? - wash and DC once a week.
What do you expect to accomplish in the upcoming year? - get to full BSL
How do you plan to accomplish it? - keep doing what I'm doing and not jump on any bandwagons.
Are you doggedly determined to make a certain length, or are you more focused on the overall heath of your hair and nailing down your regimen? - my regimen has been nailed down for a while now so I'm just going to let it grow and keep it healthy.
If you have a length goal, will it be your first time getting to that length? yes, it will be the first time getting to BSL.

blessedandlucky

I can stretch for 10 weeks max. I'm not interested in transitioning, so I am going to continue to focus on having healthy relaxed hair. I need to lay off the heat so that I can retain more. Put the scissors down especially when I'm stretching.

Your regimen?

I wash every 7-10 days with abba pure moisture shampoo and condition with ao honeysuckle rose or rosa mosqueta (after 6 weeks post). i prepoo with almond oil sometimes, but i plan to do this more frequently. i received a hooded dryer for Christmas and will be deep conditioning with heat with my washes going forward. i use joico kpak reconstructor once a month or so followed with ao honeysuckle rose. i blowdry hair after it's 30% dry.

i have layers so my goal is for my longest layers to be full mbl and my others to be bsl.

doing what i did before but with less heat and "trims."

hair health is the foundation but eyes on mbl!!.

first time as an adult:)

KaramelDiva1978

This is a spin-off thread from Platinum's "This Time Next Year, I Want To Be..." thread.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/340455-time-next-year-i-want.html

We are quickly approaching a brand new year, taking with it the knowledge and experience we gained during this one!

I'm still learning about my hair, but what I've learned so far is that my hair loves moisture and thrives in protective styling. My hair is much healthier and thicker in its natural state than relaxed. I love my curlie ques and I'm finding what enhances them.

Your regimen?
I keep my hair in braids or two strand twists under wigs and I co-wash every week and a half or so. I also spray every other night with S-curl and BRX African Royale spray. When I twist I use ORS lock and twist gel and Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. When I have cornrows, I only use the Kimmaytube leave in. I use Aussie Moist Conditioner and Deeeep Conditioner for co-washes and Aphogee for protein treatments. I shampoo with Carol's daughter Black Vanilla (I think its called) or ORS Aloe shampoo.

Totally expect to be APL by year end. I'm looking forward to a huge afrolicious puff by the summer and luscious lengths for big hair and optimal styling options.

I plan to protective style and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

I have to say that I want BOTH. My hair is the healthiest and strongest that its been in years so I know the health factor is there and I plan to maintain that by not using much heat or neglecting my hair. But I am doggedly determined to get APL natural hair. Big, fun, curly hair is my goal! My regimen is pretty set although I wanna try SheaMoisture products, I'm good with what I have so far.

This my second time reaching APL and I want it badly!! :yep::yep:

Inquiring minds want to know! More specifically, I want to know! :lol:

As for me I've learned that in spite of my hair's resistance to being straightened, it's not made of steel! I feel that I over indulged with the flat irons this year and caused some minor damage to my ends. :badgirl: It's probably a total of about 1/4 of an inch, but when your hair is as short as mine, that's kind of a lot. I've already given myself a light trim and will do so again in a few months or so to get rid of the rest. Lesson learned! :yep:

As far as my regimen, the only thing I plan on doing different is incorporating more protective styles! My hair is almost SL now and I know I'll really need to start protecting my ends so I can retain my length!

I expect to make full APL by the end of 2011! And yes, I am DETERMINED to make it! It'll be the first time in my life that my hair has gotten that long! :yep:

How about you?

ETA: If there is already a thread like this for next year, please let me know! I didn't see one!

Let's grow on ladies! We have this, this is our year!!

theLovelyStyle

By the end of 2011, I hope to be (atleast) full BSL.

I have learned that my hair needs to be detangled thoroughly.

Your regimen?
Relax every 10 weeks
Flat iron 1x month (for a length check)
Wash 1x week
DC 1x week on wash days
Cowas 2-3x week
Rollerset to airdry

BSL!!

Rollersetting more this year and not using a blow-dryer at all.

Since I reached the longest length my hair has every been, Im not so concerned about length. Im more concerned about keeping my hair from breaking off.

Yes!!

motherpopcorn562

I have learned that my hair loves water and how to utilize henna! I also learned about yogurt as a condish, which is beautiful!

Your regimen?
Right now I am in braids and I will try to keep those in for 2011
Regular Regime
Wash weekly with Dr. Bronners
deep condish with Lekair
Moisturize with glycerin mix. Del La Cruz Rose glycerin, rosemary oil, aloe vera
Shea butter to seal
Braid out or twist out

Braid Regime
Wash biweekly with Dr. Bronners
cowash with diluted suave coconut naturals
Tea Tree oil
Moisturize with glycerin mix. Del La Cruz Rose glycerin, rosemary oil, aloe vera
Re- do edges monthy
Take down and henna/yogurt gloss
Deep Condish with Lekair ( or if I can find something with less chemicals)

I hope to make it to BSL!!!! Then I may do a mini chop.. I also hope to lose 50 pounds which is why I have to do braids. My hair takes up toooooo much time!I need that time to workout!

Via Braids. Most likely extensions. I may try yarn or crochet

I'd really like to get to BSL this year and MBL/Waist next

Yes!! I will finally catch up with my cousins loollllloooollllllollll without a weave!
I have never had longer than APL hair so it will be so exciting.

Last edited:

Kamilla16

My hair thrives when left alone! The less heat, the better!
Your regimen?
In 2011, I'll wash and DC once weekly...stretch relaxers 3-4 months... Try aphogee 2 step every 6-8 weeks. I will also protect my ends :)

Healthier hair and atleast retain 4 inches.
See regimen above.

Health before length!!!

Yes, my hair have never been past APL!! So I'm excited about BSB!

PrissyHippie

It loves to be left alone. It craves Moisture.

Your regimen?
Daily- Moisture Ends and Seal.
Weekly-Co-Wash
Monthly Clarify and DC

Retention and Health

Sticking to my Reggie, Protective Styles. Protein and Moisture Balance

Both. My Goal is healthy APL hair. Less Shredding, Less split ends

Nope, I have been BSL before

Last edited:

Zedster

I'm still learning about my hair, but I did learn that it does love oil. An itching scalp from my funky Vatika coconut oil made me think all it could handle was water. I only use products that is 100% natural (not "natural" with fillers/additives) or make it myself, but I fear I may have to become a PJ, seeing the results others are getting with. I also found a few split ends and a mess of SSK the other day! I'm scared, but I think I may need to trim :sad:

Your regimen?
The few things I have kept consistent are protective styling, weekly wash and conditioning, and oiling my ends. I also started taking chlorella and spirulina daily. I was using some oil mixes for DCing, but they clog up my drain, so I'm going to try henna. I'm also trying out this daily new drink (carrot juice and ginger) to make my hair grow! Hopefully I can stick to these and get some length.

Length is my main goal, as my hair is little manipulated. I really hope I can make it to APL. My hair has perpetually remained at SL, and I want to prove to my mom that "African hair" can grow!

Sticking to this new plan for at least a quarter. If I'm not getting great results, I'll read about how other natural heads have made it and adapt my regimen.

Length mostly, because my hair is reasonable healthy. I really want APL

Yes, first time to have anything longer than SL.

Last edited:

FebeeSigns

My hair loves PH balanced products and thrives well off of a moisture/protein balance.
Your regimen?
I shampoo once a week, condition, leave-in, seal. Every single night before bed I moisturize my hair with water and oil.
I expect to accomplish a great rate of retention, keeping every inch I gain and having healthy hair, split-end free.
Consistency and patience.
Are you doggedly determined to make a certain length, or are you more focused on the overall health of your hair and nailing down your regimen?
I am more focused on the overall health of my hair. if my hair is healthy, I will gain the length.
My length goal is ultimately Bra stap length, unstretched (I'm natural). Meaning that with complete shrinkage, my hair should fall at my bra strap. (That's a lot!) It will be my first time getting to that length.

karezone

I have learned that less is sometimes just less. Most people ascribe to the less is more philosophy, but my hair seems to like stuff.

Your regimen?
I really don't have one anymore. Everything is done on an as needed basis.

In the upcoming year I plan on transitioning to natural.

At first I planned on shaving my head and wearing wigs, but once that moment passed I decided I just won't get another relaxer touch up. I will continue to blow dry, flat iron, etc.. until my head is fully natural.

I am determined to have a head full of healthy natural hair. Length at this time is not that important, I just need enough to style.

thaidreams

By the end of 2011, I hope to be Past WL

It grows fastest when I drink 8-10 glasses of tea and water a day combined with exercise.

Your regimen?

DC at least once a week
Flat iron no more than 3 times this year
Henna at least every two months
Airdry or Blowout on Cold Setting
Take MSM and Bioton every night
Do Tea rinses to combat shedding
Only us organic products on hair

WL!!

Lots of braidouts/twistouts and bunning

Both, I won't claim my goal unless my hair the health and the length.

Yes, it will be my first time being WL.