Finally - Sleek Takes China (Chinese Salon) with pics

Curlybeauty

This is why I can never grow out my layers, because people always make them look so darn good when I want to get rid of them.

And I love your hair! What hair color is that you have? It looks so good on you!

So rare to see you make a hair post!

Duchesse

Very pretty! Heads of hair like yours makes me wish that my hair didn't disentigrate with relaxers.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks to you, Chica, i'll be going to my Dominican stylist for a blow-out and an Asian stylist for a cut. (And they are mean with the shears, for real)

Stat.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Pretty. I can tell you really care for your hair. It looks so healthy.

Do you think most Asian stylists know how to work with non-relaxed hair? I would love a decent layered cut but I want it done when my hair is straight.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Beautiful. Seriously making me want to get a cut, except can't risk, don't know anyone that cuts good in my area. But Sleek... back to the Korres. Feel like giving a mini review or how long have you been using this, and are you seeing results? I have it in a shopping cart:grin:

Janet'

I, too love layers and I suspect I will always have them...I am trying to NOT cut though until I reach my short term goal...

YOUR HAIR...:worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Lovely and fabulous!!!!

SleekandBouncy

Pretty. I can tell you really care for your hair. It looks so healthy.

Do you think most Asian stylists know how to work with non-relaxed hair? I would love a decent layered cut but I want it done when my hair is straight.

Probably not, not unless they deal with a diverse crowd or you know that stylist has experience with diff textures. Most Asians have very straight and thick hair so...

I think the best bet is to flat iron, blow out or rollerset your hair before hand so it's straight before the cut.

Bnster

It looks like you have found your hairstylist. Make sure you get him next time. You hair looks healthy and beautifully cut. HHJ

SleekandBouncy

Beautiful. Seriously making me want to get a cut, except can't risk, don't know anyone that cuts good in my area. But Sleek... back to the Korres. Feel like giving a mini review or how long have you been using this, and are you seeing results? I have it in a shopping cart:grin:

I've been using it for about 4 months. I really do like it. If not this then I think Tigi's Ego Boost is a must if you wear your hair down.
I'm so skurred of thin ends and I'd rather have short thick hair than long thin ends so this has been a god send.
I apply it every few days to dry ends and when I wash my hair I put it on my edges and ends.

xcuzememiss

This salon by any chance isn't in NYC or near the my metro area. I'll drive all the way tho Philly for a cut like this. Lol

Tiye

I was looking for the best salon in my area because I wanted to try a new salon. I found them on Yelp, I then did some additional research and found they had been written up in a few magazines. I didn't set out looking for a Chinese salon. Once my brother saw my cut he made a point I hadn't considered which is that when I got my short bob I should have gone to a Chinese salon because really funky short cuts is what they do best. It's true the flyest bobs you'll see in a lot of Japanese (Anime culture) or Chinese magazines esp. when they are angled.

Yep. To be honest I watch CCTV just for the hairdos. Okay there are programs I watch but the edgy haircuts are definitely a distraction. If I knew of a Chinese salon I think I'd be there in a heartbeat. There is a Tibetan salon in my area but I'm not sure what their fashion sense is.

Anyway - your stylist did a beautiful job and your hair looks fab.

andromeda

The layers are gorgeous and your hair looks so healthy and...sleek.:yep:

I like how the layers are shaggy yet also translate well when curled. It's no easy task to find a stylist who can interpret what you want in a way that also suits your features. Good to hear about phyto, too. I used to be enamored with it several years ago when I was relaxed but I stuck with mizani because of my stylist's warnings about dryness and insistence that "once you went phyto, you couldn't go back".

Love this style! Can you explain how you did it?

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Wow!!! :clap:

I love it! Your hair looks so healthy Sleek.
The layers are so nice.

I forgot to tell you that you look gorgeous in your siggy too. :) That dress would suit me too. :D

libertysince05

thats so beautiful! (makes me wanna relax)
your hair is just gorgeous, and the cut is perfect.;it looks like a style for a hair product commercial ( except most of those are extensions)
werent you nervous about letting a asian man near your hair with scissors?

SleekandBouncy

The layers are gorgeous and your hair looks so healthy and...sleek.:yep:

I like how the layers are shaggy yet also translate well when curled. It's no easy task to find a stylist who can interpret what you want in a way that also suits your features. Good to hear about phyto, too. I used to be enamored with it several years ago when I was relaxed but I stuck with mizani because of my stylist's warnings about dryness and insistence that "once you went phyto, you couldn't go back".

Love this style! Can you explain how you did it?

I got that hairstyle from this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek70o4NM3_E
If you have a product that you can use for extra separation it's good like Kenra's Taffy.
Once the front was done I took the loose back portion and held it like I were making a ponytail but instead twisted it up and then tucked in the ends and pinned them.

Last edited:

remnant

I've been using it for about 4 months. I really do like it. If not this then I think Tigi's Ego Boost is a must if you wear your hair down.
I'm so skurred of thin ends and I'd rather have short thick hair than long thin ends so this has been a god send.
I apply it every few days to dry ends and when I wash my hair I put it on my edges and ends.

Your hair and fashion styles are always gorgeous.
Can you tell me more about the Korres ingredients? I will try to find a dupe here for my ends!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
You really do have the perfect username. Your hair always looks, well, sleek and bouncy :yep: I love that cut. Very chic, looks like it has alot of movement.

SleekandBouncy

Your hair and fashion styles are always gorgeous.
Can you tell me more about the Korres ingredients? I will try to find a dupe here for my ends!

Thank you :)

Here are the ingredients

Ingredients
Aqua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, PEG 16 Macadamia Glyceride, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Chitosan, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isoeugenol, Lactic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Panthenol, Perfume, Phytantriol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG 26 Buteth 26

I'm just realizing it has alcohol denatured :ohwell:
The results are good, but I don't feel comfortable now recommending this.
Instead I would recommend using the an alternative - Tigi Ego Boost.
It's what I used for years prior to the Korres and I know it' works. It does the same thing as the Korres but without the alcohol. I used it only on my ends either before or after my leave-in and 2-3x a week. It's usually sold out in my drug store.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp83549_3...ost_split_end_mender_leave_in_conditioner.htm