Shea Moisture Purification Mask Name Change Only??

gorgeoushair

This is possibly a dumb question, but what's the difference between the original formulation and, say, a clay masque? I never used the product (though I intended to get around to it at some point :ohwell:).

I have used Butters n Bars Original Conditioning Hair Masque mixed with SD Vanilla Silk on several occasions. I loved it! It has Australian Clay and Rasshoul Clay in it. I do believe if you mix clay with a conditioner, it will give the same or similar results as the Purification Mask. Sad to say that I haven't tried the PM yet and I've got several jars and have had them for a while. I hope they're still some good.

SweetlyCurly

Ladies if you are not finding them in CVS try hitting local beauty supplies. I was able to snag 2 more on my way home. Just remembered as I was coming out of the subway that they carried SM and was lucky to find some. Wanted to grab all 4 that were left but I already had 2 on their way from Target.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My x2 Purification Hair Masques came from CVS today *on-line*

They were the originals. :yay:

I have x3 un-opened jars now. If I 'stumble' upon a couple more, I'll grab 'em.:look:

mccray689

I would check your local targets. I snagged a couple of these when they were on clearance. Maybe they were on clearance because of the new formula.

mccray689

In case anyone looks for it at their target. You can go to www.brickseek.com and click widgets then target inventor check then enter your zip code and the dcpi is 063050758 and it will tell you if your local targets have it and for what price!
ForumRunner_20150402_082815.jpg

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I hope this is a new line.
I JUST fell in love with the purification mask.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The "African Black Soap" is the Actual Line

The Purification Masque is the actual "product"

So the real question is: Has the Purification Hair Masque from the African Black Soap Line been replaced with the Dandruff Control Masque from the African Black Soap Line?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay, how did I come to the Conclusion: When you look at the Line(s)

Jamaican Black Castor
Super Fruit Complex
Manuka & Honey
African Black Soap
Raw Shea
Coconut & Hibiscus
Noni & Monoi

I refer to them as lines (But SM calls them "Collections" on their website)

So, the products are in those particular "Collections" which begs the question - has the Purification Hair Masque been replaced with the Dandruff Control Hair Masque.

Imma go back over here and convo them.

Anaisin

I didn't even get to try it yet, it's the only non mixed review SM product. Everyone raves about it. Oh well

Keshieshimmer

Ok I am invested in this thread, it's been 5 days since this thread has started and not NAN review on the new stuff! haha.

Beachy

So not happy!!!!! I emailed Shea moisture and here's a copy of the reply that I got back

Femmefatal1981

Ok I am invested in this thread, it's been 5 days since this thread has started and not NAN review on the new stuff! haha.

My sister used new on 1 side and old on 1 side yesterday. She likes the old one better but she said it wasn't that big of a difference. She did get more scalp tingle with the old one. Also she says the new one is thin.

Beamodel

I picked up two of the original version from cvs today. They had four but I only grabbed two.

Prob should have gotten the other two but lawd it would have been expensive lol

Beachy

Let try this again :stupid app: I contacted Shea moisture and here's a copy of the response that I got back

Attachments

• image-1581567828.jpg
    image-1581567828.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 120

Beachy

2nd part of the response...

The interesting thing however is that the ingredients on my dandruff control mask are exactly the same as a purification mask.

Attachments

• image-3523331131.jpg
    image-3523331131.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 104

Beany

I picked up 3 (for a total of 5) from SM's site. They still have the original listed there. Guess I'll have to try mixing my own. Such a shame they messed with a good thing

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I grabbed x2 more from CVS *on-line* for a Total of x5 (unopened).

So, I'm done.:sad:

Pours out some for the "Original" Purification Hair Masque. RIP.:cry3:

NaturallyATLPCH

I am SO disappointed. Where is the clay?!?! :perplexed This is an entirely new product!

THIS!!! I liked the detox of the clay. Shea Moisture is doing the most. I am not going to support them anymore. Fall in love with a product only to have them switch it up. NOTHING was wrong with original. NOTHING. I'm so disgusted.