WTHeck!! Shea Moisture Now $11.99!!!

AnotherLevel

This is a BIG OL' MESS!! So, I got my Walgreens shipment minus the Deep Treatment Mask because it was out of stock. Ok, fine. I also ordered 2 of the Moisture Sprays. Since I already have some at home, I decided to take them in to Walgreens and exchange them for the Deep Treatment Mask since I've never tried it. (I live in AZ and we ALWAYS have SM products in the stores... it ain't a lot of "us"!!).

Anyway, I walk in and see that ALL SHEA MOISTURE PRODUCTS ARE NOW $11.99!!! WHAT!!

Who does Shea Moisture think they are, Afroveda!!?? Who increases their prices $2 all at once!!! This is a mess!! I am not happy!!!

Has this happened in your area??

*Frisky*

What?? I just bought some this weekend at Walgreens and it was still 9.99. It was bound to happen though.

pookaloo83

I don't use their products. But I knew it would be happening soon. They're getting popular so they have to up the price.

AnotherLevel

Here we go! I just hope this isn't followed by a "New and Improved" formula change that equates to cheaper ingredients!! Man! Just when I found a staple!

nappystorm

Really? I hear it's a good styler, no?
I did a treatment with it and my hair was incredibly hard. I had to follow up with a different conditioner. I ended up taking it back :nono:

To answer you question, I bought the Curl Enhancing Smoothie the other night and it was $9.99.

KurlyNinja

I just bought the Deep Moisture Masque. It was 9.99. I hope the price doesnt go up.

On another note. The Masque is better as a leave-in rather than a Deep Conditioner.

AnotherLevel

I did a treatment with it and my hair was incredibly hard. I had to follow up with a different conditioner. I ended up taking it back :nono:

To answer you question, I bought the Curl Enhancing Smoothie the other night and it was $9.99.

Thank you. That is good to know. I love the CES! Perhaps I'll take the it back for some more of that... especially since our prices are now higher.

AnotherLevel

I just bought the Deep Moisture Masque. It was 9.99. I hope the price doesnt go up.

On another note. The Masque is better as a leave-in rather than a Deep Conditioner.

@ the bolded, Thank you! I'm using the KeraCare Natural Textures Leave-In now and I LOVE IT! However, I can't find it on the ground and shipping can be expensive. Perhaps this will be a good alternative.

MsChelle

The Deep Moisture Mask was AWFUL on my hair.......Left is feeling all kinds of rough and brittle.

*Frisky*

Ok I am kinda pissed about this Masque. I bought it at the BOGO and haven't tried it yet. I don't need another leave in. I don't even want to try it now. I might just take it back so I can see if the prices went up since last weekend.

AHeadOfCoils

It depends on the neighborhood.. The Walgreens in the more "urban" neighborhood in LA have the Shea Moisture products for $11.99, but the ones everywhere else has them for $9.99. I'd rather purchase online or buy at Target.

Sent from my iPhone using the LHCF App

lilyofthenile

In AZ I'm pretty sure, it was about $10 something plus tax.

But I am not surprised at all. They are becoming more popular than ever so yeah.

lilyofthenile

Ok I am kinda pissed about this Masque. I bought it at the BOGO and haven't tried it yet. I don't need another leave in. I don't even want to try it now. I might just take it back so I can see if the prices went up since last weekend.

Try and take it back, but if you can't exchange it, you can always add something to the DTM to make it more effective as a deep conditioner. I've read a lot of ladies have tried doing this and it made it better.

greenandchic

I though it was up to the individual retailers to determine the price. I don't think its SM jacking up their prices. Its still $9.99 on Walgreens.com.

Kn0ttyByNatur3

Awww, that sucks to hear that. I don't use their products, but they are $10.99 here in Cali. Too much for my broke self. :lol:

discodumpling

This is disgusting it's 11.99 at ALL the Walgreens in my area. *smh* I remeber when this stuff was sold exclusively at Nubian Heritage on "the Ave" & I bought it for about $5 a bottle...just about 5 yrs ago.

It's all good I don't mind the price point for a good quality product. My family is loving this stuff!

silenttullip

lol and this is why I didn't jump on that wagon...
sticking with my rosewater and virgin oils
my vo5's and everyday Shea my bwc or Giovanni
most under 5 dollars and been that way
before I buy things I ask myself how long has it been out and if it increases can I still have it...

faithVA

I haven't checked my local Walgreens. I was already questioning whether I wanted to pay $9.99 for the SM Mist. I really like the mist and haven't found anything I like as much. But at 11.99 not sure I will repurchase because it just doesn't seem to last that long.

We will have to see. Hopefully I can find a replacement if needed.

davisbr88

Just bought some today and it's still $9.99 at my Target. I don't have a Walgreens nearby so I can't speak on that.

AmyRose92

Different Walgreens have different prices. The one like a block away from my house sells for $9.99 while another Walgreens like no more than two miles away sells for $10.99.

Afrobuttafly

MY Walgreens BET not raise their prices. Target is so far away for me and Walgreens is within walking distance. I will be hot...