Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015 (6 months or 9 months)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay, so I finally had my hair installed today. It is a lot longer, thicker, and glamorous-looking than I anticipated. It's a lot to get used to, basically, especially if you're not a weave wearer like me. I think for next time, I'll use one less bundle (and get shorter lengths) so it'll look more natural. I'm too paranoid with this hair! :lol:

Anywho, the deets on the weave.

Company: Indique (Bounce Collection/Relaxed Straight)
Bundles/Length: 22, 22, 18, and 16 inch closure

I want to wear this hair for 8-10 weeks, then take a break for at least 2 weeks, and then re-install. I'll do this until 6 or 9 months is up unless I see my hair is not benefiting from the installs.

In attachment are my starting length photo (taken yesterday) and my sew-in photo.

Wow this is the most natural looking closure install I have seen. Very beautiful. Do you know how your stylist installed it?

ezina

Wow this is the most natural looking closure install I have seen. Very beautiful. Do you know how your stylist installed it?

Thanks! :) I have no idea how she did it as my head was turned away from the mirror and slightly bent down so she could install it. The fullness and length of the weave just gives it away as a weave for me (or at least makes me think some clip-ins/tracks were added) even though the closure is very nice. That's totally my fault and not the stylist's. I asked for full, and she gave me full (and I provided the materials)! Next time, the install will be even better. :yep:

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Any naturals with leave out? Whats ur reggie? Im thinking about getting velvet wet & wavy bc in its straight state its like a coarse yaki texture but I still may need to flat iron at least once per wash. I also want to try the beautiful textures straighten system. Any recommendations?
I have leave out with my brazilian curly.
I rely on hicks edges to help me blend. It really isn't an exact match but having that sleekness at the edges (and baby hair :look:) def fools the eye into thinking the texture is a match.
Here's a pic example ( please ignore my tryna be sexy at the club face and all the flash)

Last edited:

ikandi87

I have leave out with my brazilian curly.
I rely on hicks edges to help me blend. It really isn't an exact match but having that sleekness at the edges (and baby hair :look:) def fools the eye into thinking the texture is a match.
Here's a pic example ( please ignore my tryna be sexy at the club face and all the flash)

Thanx Rocky91. You and the hair are gorg and from where im standing it blends well! Lol...did u get a new install?

ImanAdero

Love the new hairdo! Is that closure from Indique? Is it lace? It looks so natural. Beautiful!
Yes! I know it said you used a closure, but when I saw the photo I was just like, her hair blends so well! Lol

Your stylist did an Excellent job!

Xaragua

Okay, so I finally had my hair installed today. It is a lot longer, thicker, and glamorous-looking than I anticipated. It's a lot to get used to, basically, especially if you're not a weave wearer like me. I think for next time, I'll use one less bundle (and get shorter lengths) so it'll look more natural. I'm too paranoid with this hair! :lol:

Anywho, the deets on the weave.

Company: Indique (Bounce Collection/Relaxed Straight)
Bundles/Length: 22, 22, 18, and 16 inch closure

I want to wear this hair for 8-10 weeks, then take a break for at least 2 weeks, and then re-install. I'll do this until 6 or 9 months is up unless I see my hair is not benefiting from the installs.

In attachment are my starting length photo (taken yesterday) and my sew-in photo.

Thank you so much for the update, you hair looks really nice, she did a good job. I have an appointment scheduled for the end of October.

sharifeh

I took my sew in down yesterday
I wore it for too long
I'm getting my next one in tomorrow
I don't want to surpass 8 weeks this time

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

intellectualuva

I got a takedown/reinstall a few days ago. Back to back, which is something I rarely do. First was 6 weeks or so, this one 6-7 weeks. I can't wear any weaves longer than 7 weeks without wanting to pull my hair out. Lol.

I'll get the next take down, with a 2 week break (half wigging it, DC, Protein), then back to an install.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Just got my sew in from my sister in law. I'll take better pics tomorrow but here it is. I'm going to have her add another track on the left side though where my bang is bc I like fuller hair. I don't like taking pictures y'all so bear with me please.

ForumRunner_20140907_203355.jpg

ForumRunner_20140907_203413.jpg

ForumRunner_20140907_203429.jpg

ForumRunner_20140907_203440.jpg

ForumRunner_20140907_203455.jpg

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^that looks lovely!! Makes me wanna straighten mine tonight.
*looks at the time and feels lazy* but nah lol :lol:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I took my sew in down yesterday I wore it for too long I'm getting my next one in tomorrow I don't want to surpass 8 weeks this time Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Did anything specific happen, sharifeh? Tangling? Matting?
You have me a little worried, I'm definitely attempting almost 3 months :look:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm about to start week 6 without any problems or really boredom. I have zero time for hair so I just love how fuss free this hair is.
I actually took the time to style it on Saturday for church.

image-2612433463.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm about to start week 6 without any problems or really boredom. I have zero time for hair so I just love how fuss free this hair is.
I actually took the time to style it on Saturday for church.

I love the fullness of this hair and the curls are amazing. That's awesome you have some no fuss curly hair at that. You look gr8.

sharifeh

Did anything specific happen, sharifeh? Tangling? Matting? You have me a little worried, I'm definitely attempting almost 3 months :look:

Rocky91

No nothing happened awww :lol:
I just get really paranoid
I haven't wet my hair yet :look: I keep going over it with a comb to get all the shed hair out
It's just sooo much shedding and I just get scared of matting so I comb for awhile when it's still dry
I

Adonia1987

I've had my sew in for 9 weeks. I will keep it for 3 more weeks. I spilled my simplicity hair oil last week and almost cried lol.

sharifeh

Rocky91

I must say it's not easy to get my hair clean after this ...I also had a net weave so I had quite a bit of flakes and dandruff

ImanAdero

I'm about to start week 6 without any problems or really boredom. I have zero time for hair so I just love how fuss free this hair is. I actually took the time to style it on Saturday for church.

Well I guess I need to be busier because right now it's not even a full week and I don't know how I'm gonna make it the 12 weeks I planned to lol.

On another note: my head itchessssss!!! This is the part I hate about a new sew in lol. I haven't washed it yet though, which is not necessarily the best... But overall it's not as tight as the last time I had one which is BEAUTIFUL lol. So I definitely will cowash this week[end] with the Trader Joe's TTT and then use one of the 50leven hair samples to moisturize as well as use up some of that Eco Cocktail!

What else? Oh yeah, tomorrow is 1 week down, hopefully 11 more to go lol.

And I'm glad I have a plan lol.

ImanAdero

Also this hair has taught me that I do NOT want hip length real hair. The curls are roughly waist length and when I was in the gym I was like, UGH HAIR ON MY NECK! Lol waist length stretched... Will be a stretch lol.

mshoneyfly

ImanAdero
JBCO and coconut oil mix on my scalp really soothed the itchies for me. It seemed to sort of create a buffer between the 'beard' of the track and my scalp that made all the difference.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Smiley79

Checking in still sewed up...I think Im taking mine down this weekend. I have an appt for the 18th for my next install.

ezina

Tomorrow also makes week 1 for me, and I honestly don't know if I'll be able to make the 8-10 weeks I intend to do. My scalp has been on fire until recently. Yesterday, I decided to make a castor oil/EVOO mix with a few drops of tea tree oil to soothe my scalp. I could only really access the perimeter of my scalp since my whole head is sewed in with a net in between the braids and sew-in. The net's making it difficult to really relieve the rest of the itches, but I tried rubbing the oil mix in pretty firmly to reach the scalp. So far, my scalp is doing alright; I still get random (and sometimes intense) itches, more so in the center of my head than in the perimeters, and I plan on co-washing and doing an ACV rinse this weekend. I will never get a sew-in this long (It's currently HL) again. I think MBL is max for me. And I will stick to two bundles of hair instead of three. Despite that, this hair is certainly glamorous. Just not practical.

mshoneyfly

Here is another tip:
For itchy scalp under a net, at first I just held my head far back and drzzled some oil from the applicator bottle by holding it at my hairline. This did a decent job of reaching the crown where the terrible itching was located.

But then I used some oil that came with a dropper. It was so easy to position inside the little openings of the net

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Adiatasha

Made an oil blend of olive oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil and Jojoba oil. Used it under my weave. The only thing missing is the sulfur. Waiting for it to come in the mail.
Haven't really been taking care of my hair under the weave and I got a month left. Time to step it up!!!