Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015 (6 months or 9 months)

BFeathers

I've had this sew in since July 1

I want to take it out now!!! But I'm trying to hold on until October 12.
I feel like I'm not going to make it :(

7/1-8/24 I'd be done. I can't go past 8 weeks really. Maybe 10 if I scarf it up.

In 8 weeks I have so much growth I can't stand it. If it feels wolfie it's best to take it down. You probably have more growth than you realize and holding out could lead to matting if it's growing crazy fast.

Queensheba88

Im saving my spot for latet i plan to maybe do a 3 month trial. Its been over 1 1/2 since ive been in a sew in and i have commitment issues so im in all the protective style challange so im all over the place

ImanAdero

Co washed the weave hair yesterday. Hopefully it works out the way I want for it to.

I'm going to be using the Eco Cocktail (see attached) for defining the curls since I don't do wash and Gos on my hair all the time. So this will be a good way to use up the product.

Attachments

• image-3972203357.jpg
    image-3972203357.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 79

bluediamond0829

I'm going to get back started on the Sew-In challenge. I just got my sew-in done on Saturday. I didn't really care for it but think I will make it work until the end of this month. Hopefully I can grow to love it and not go and take it out. I'm already thinking about my next install. So I may take it out sometime in October to at least get my monies worth. I'm trying to behave and not spend a arm and a leg on getting installs done as well. I've worn sew-ins in the pass that have successfully grown my hair out.

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
Ok this is a challenge I can actually join in on!!!! I just got an install on Friday.

ezina

I just got what looks to be a silk press (RIP my curls) and a 2 inch trim. Still BSL, though, but barely. Tomorrow, I get my sew-in.

ImanAdero

Sew in installed. I like it although it's SUPER tight, but not rip out edges out tight... Just I might looks slightly Asian tight lol

But it looks good!

Attachments

• image-1522783251.jpg
    image-1522783251.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 128

ImanAdero

Oh and length check prior to sew in. I'm using hair, skin and nails vitamins from Target, so I'm hoping. Get at least a good 2 inches. I'm going to attempt to keep it in for 3 months ( wish me luck!!!)

September 3rd-December 3rd? Wooooooo.

I'm also just doing a 3 month challenge instead of 6 (I want to get braids after pressing, after the weave lol)

I'll be using a leave in spray to moisturize this hair and also the braids underneath.

Any advice on using edge tamers? I have a little leave out (front perimeter and a deep side part). I'm nervous about too much build up as I usually with a weave wash every 2 weeks.

Attachments

• image-41695189.jpg
    image-41695189.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 102

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
^^try hicks, I love it and build up is minimal.

I'm an awful challenge host! :( update: still trucking along with my weave. I'll need my tracks tightened in 2 or so weeks.

Adiatasha

7/1-8/24 I'd be done. I can't go past 8 weeks really. Maybe 10 if I scarf it up. In 8 weeks I have so much growth I can't stand it. If it feels wolfie it's best to take it down. You probably have more growth than you realize and holding out could lead to matting if it's growing crazy fast.

I have a net underneath.. It's probably keeping everything held down.
Here's the problem.. Miami carnival is 5 weeks away and I want to put in a fresh sew in afterwards so I'm trying to hold out. I've been doing braid outs on it.

ikandi87

Sew in installed. I like it although it's SUPER tight, but not rip out edges out tight... Just I might looks slightly Asian tight lol

But it looks good!

ImanAdero what kind of hair are u using? Ive been looking for that exact curl pattern...if I can get my hands on that hair I will snatch these braids out soooo fast!!!

ImanAdero

ImanAdero what kind of hair are u using? Ive been looking for that exact curl pattern...if I can get my hands on that hair I will snatch these braids out soooo fast!!!

Ikandy87 I bought my hair from Studio4ATL (a salon and Instagram vendor). I have in their Brazilian Curly and the Beazilian Kinky Curly on the top (which blends well with my twisted out leave out.

Also right now they're having a sale that's 30% off your order by using the code VIRGO at checkout.

ImanAdero

Actually Ikandy87 depending on the lengths, you can get 3 bundles of Brazilian Curly (I just priced out 20,22,24) for less than $200 then you add shipping which is like 6 bucks!

But they always have a ridiculous sale. I know for Mother's Day last year or around that time ALL lengths were under $90. So it was like 50 for a 20 inch bundle... So even if you don't buy now, there will def be a sale in the future too.

mzpurp

@Ikandy87 I bought my hair from Studio4ATL (a salon and Instagram vendor). I have in their Brazilian Curly and the Beazilian Kinky Curly on the top (which blends well with my twisted out leave out.

Also right now they're having a sale that's 30% off your order by using the code VIRGO at checkout.

@ImanAdero

Is it the Brazilian Tight Curl? & what lenghts did you get?

Last edited:

Queensheba88

Im saving my spot for latet i plan to maybe do a 3 month trial. Its been over 1 1/2 since ive been in a sew in and i have commitment issues so im in all the protective style challange so im all over the place

Ok it's official I will be doing my sew in within the next two weeks...I always self install with a mesh closed top weaving cap. I plan on taking out my box braids and going straight into sew ins until nov. I'm currently 9 weeks post so this will be intresting

s2fast4ya

s2fast4ya
@s2fast4ya Your hair looks cute! Deets?

mzpurp Thanks!

Virgin indian natural wave in 18, 20, 22. hand dyed ombre by my hair stylist. when I go back in 3-4 weeks im going to have her bring the blonde up the hair shaft more. I want it to look like im growing out blonde with 5-6 inches of roots as opposed to ombre. which is what my hair underneath looks like. we also put a dark brown rinse on my leave out, most of my hair is blonde. :ohwell: silly mistake. i purchased it from lacexclusive.

ikandi87

Any naturals with leave out? Whats ur reggie? Im thinking about getting velvet wet & wavy bc in its straight state its like a coarse yaki texture but I still may need to flat iron at least once per wash. I also want to try the beautiful textures straighten system. Any recommendations?

ezina

I'm saving my spot for the challenge. I don't get my install until September 4th. Can't wait. Great challenge, OP! :yep:

Current length or starting pic: BSL as of now. Will post pic just before my install for accuracy.

Challenge goal: Full MBL.

Length of time commitment: Depends if I like my weave experience. I would like to have it for ideally 6 or 9 months (maybe more!) with mini breaks every 2 months or so. I'm paying a lot for this hair and want to get the most out of it.

Weave style/install hair: Full weave, maybe a lace closure. Will update once I get install.

Weave regimen: Don't know. I've entered a zone I'm totally unfamiliar with. Should be interesting. :drunk:

Your top weave tip (any insights you want to share if you've successfully retained length with weaves in the past): No idea. I'm a bun girl who has occasionally worn braids with added hair in the past.

Okay, so I finally had my hair installed today. It is a lot longer, thicker, and glamorous-looking than I anticipated. It's a lot to get used to, basically, especially if you're not a weave wearer like me. I think for next time, I'll use one less bundle (and get shorter lengths) so it'll look more natural. I'm too paranoid with this hair! :lol:

Anywho, the deets on the weave.

Company: Indique (Bounce Collection/Relaxed Straight)
Bundles/Length: 22, 22, 18, and 16 inch closure

I want to wear this hair for 8-10 weeks, then take a break for at least 2 weeks, and then re-install. I'll do this until 6 or 9 months is up unless I see my hair is not benefiting from the installs.

In attachment are my starting length photo (taken yesterday) and my sew-in photo.

Attachments

• September 2014 Length Check (Flat Iron) 2.jpg
    September 2014 Length Check (Flat Iron) 2.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Sew-in 9.14.14 - 18, 20, 20, and 16 inch closure (Indique) 3.jpg
    Sew-in 9.14.14 - 18, 20, 20, and 16 inch closure (Indique) 3.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 221

hairqueenny

Okay, so I finally had my hair installed today. It is a lot longer, thicker, and glamorous-looking than I anticipated. It's a lot to get used to, basically, especially if you're not a weave wearer like me. I think for next time, I'll use one less bundle (and get shorter lengths) so it'll look more natural. I'm too paranoid with this hair! :lol: Anywho, the deets on the weave. Company: Indique (Bounce Collection/Relaxed Straight) Bundles/Length: 22, 22, 18, and 16 inch closure I want to wear this hair for 8-10 weeks, then take a break for at least 2 weeks, and then re-install. I'll do this until 6 or 9 months is up unless I see my hair is not benefiting from the installs. In attachment are my starting length photo (taken yesterday) and my sew-in photo.

Love the new hairdo! Is that closure from Indique? Is it lace? It looks so natural. Beautiful!

hairqueenny

Sew in installed. I like it although it's SUPER tight, but not rip out edges out tight... Just I might looks slightly Asian tight lol But it looks good!

The curls look gorgeous on you. I wanted to give my hair a break from weaves but it's going to be so hard with beautiful styles like this!