How Long To Keep In A Net Sew In And How To Take It Down?

luckiestdestiny

I've had a sew in before but this is the first time using a net. My hair is back to waist (anemia issues again has caused me to keep cuttinng) and I want to keep it that way (or longer) so I don't want to any set backs (eek!)

How long can I keep in a net sew in? The person who did it said I could keep it in for up to three months. That scares me but I'm at a month and a half now so I need to make a choice and take it down at month two or extend. I've taken down a regular after two and a half months with ease because of cowboy magic. What do you think?

Is it harder to take down on your own? I've taken down regular sew ins before?

Any tips for an easy take down? I usually use cowboy magic. Do I need to do anything different this time before and/ or after takedown? Anything that will make it easier?

Thanks so much in advance.

naturalmanenyc

I always kept regular sew ins installed for 12 weeks at at time and my stylist took them down. I only took my own sew in down once and it freaked me out since I had never seen the shed hair. I've taken down my own braids, twists and crochet styles though.

I would think the net makes it easier since you are cutting the hair off of the net and then just unbraiding your hair, right? Just be careful not to cut your own hair when cutting off the net.

I use GVP Detangler from Sallys and prefer it over cowboy magic. I really need to just give you the cowboy magic.

luckiestdestiny

I always kept regular sew ins installed for 12 weeks at at time and my stylist took them down. I only took my own sew in down once and it freaked me out since I had never seen the shed hair. I've taken down my own braids, twists and crochet styles though.

I would think the net makes it easier since you are cutting the hair off of the net and then just unbraiding your hair, right? Just be careful not to cut your own hair when cutting off the net.

I use GVP Detangler from Sallys and prefer it over cowboy magic. I really need to just give you the cowboy magic.
Thanks. Yes I have taken mine down as I don't trust stylist in re to the patience it takes to takedown and detangle. I was worried about the net matting to the hair but I don't know how it works. I think I will wait the twelve weeks too. I guess I will have to be very careful. Someone said to use a seam ripper for the thread but that scares me. I imagine ripping accidentally through my hair.

Will try gvp but have cowboy magic there too just in case. The more slip the better. Thanks!

Last edited: