Sweet Success Challenge for Six Months

fancypants007

Michiko said:
i'll join. But i have this granola yougart is that considered sweet?

That sounds OK to me. It has sugar, but I'm talking about "hardcore" sugar. This weekend I went away and the place where I went has a 'WaWa' store which I think sells the best coffee and they have their own cream. I had a big cup with french vanilla cream and it was soooooooooo heavenly. If you go to the first post you will see the things I've stated to avoid. Wish you the best!

InNeedofHairapy

I had a surprisingly good weekend. It was hard, because my s/o wanted to go to, of all places, OLD COUNTRY BUFFET for breakfast. I told him, "You better eat a lot, because I'm not going to eat my share of the price...better get your money's worth, baby" :lol:

I had an omelette and fruit :mad: even though I wanted the belgian waffles, french toast sticks, etc; :lol:

So no sugar, but I didn't follow my plan of eating every 2-3 hours, but that's a whole other challenge:lol:

fancypants007

MonaRae said:
I did good! Much better than I expected. I went out to eat Friday and Saturday (all-you-can-eat! remember I live in SC!) and I did not get any sweets!

That's soooo not like me! It was easy too! I just ate the fruits and was done with it.

I am starting to feel the affects too! I'm starting to get that skinny feeling!

MonaRae

Hooray! Yahooooo! Excellent! You are on your way. I know how you feel because when I said I was a sugar addict, I mean in every sense of the word. I have in my house this box of candy that I use to consume everyday and I will not throw it away. It's a challenge within itself to see it everyday, but it keeps me motivated because I believe we can all be successful with this challenge if we set our minds to do it! That's great you're feeling skinny too.

i12sitonmyhair

Chero-Khoi American
I survived the weekend, too. I work outside on the weekends and it's easy to just grab something sweet from the vending machines during a quick break. It 's really hard watching all those guys (with fast metabolisms) eating all that sugar, but I didn't budge. I had my trusty bag of trail mix on me so I didn't even have to look at the vending machines.

fancypants007

i12sitonmyhair said:
I survived the weekend, too. I work outside on the weekends and it's easy to just grab something sweet from the vending machines during a quick break. It 's really hard watching all those guys (with fast metabolisms) eating all that sugar, but I didn't budge. I had my trusty bag of trail mix on me so I didn't even have to look at the vending machines.

Way to go! Your hair already looks beautiful and it's long. Wow, after this challenge your hair is really going to be long.

MonaRae

fancypants007 I really can't think you enough for starting this challenge. It is something I just would of never tried on my own.

The funny thing is it not even hard! I thought I would die without manmade sugar. Now I reach more towards fruits and I got that healthy mindset about what I am eating and how I can do better.

Thanks Again!
MonaRae

locabouthair

has anyone seen dlewis's album? i think she grew about 2 inches within 2 months from changing her diet. she said the foods she ate were fish, beans, broccoli, okra and lots of water. check out her album.

lately a lot of members have been posting updates and they are reaching their goals. i have a tendency to give up on things but the ladies progress have motivated me. I'm gonna stick this out. We can do it ladies!

fancypants007

MonaRae said:
fancypants007 I really can't think you enough for starting this challenge. It is something I just would of never tried on my own.

The funny thing is it not even hard! I thought I would die without manmade sugar. Now I reach more towards fruits and I got that healthy mindset about what I am eating and how I can do better.

Thanks Again!
MonaRae

No, I should be thanking all of you who are doing this challenge with me. I too am so encouraged and I try to stay focused on what I'm eating and the foods to avoid. Thank you for the encouragement.

fancypants007

locabouthair said:
has anyone seen dlewis's album? i think she grew about 2 inches within 2 months from changing her diet. she said the foods she ate were fish, beans, broccoli, okra and lots of water. check out her album.

lately a lot of members have been posting updates and they are reaching their goals. i have a tendency to give up on things but the ladies progress have motivated me. I'm gonna stick this out. We can do it ladies!

Absolutely! I have no intentions of giving up or quitting. I am in this challenge to its duration. Keep true to yourself!

fancypants007

i12sitonmyhair said:
Who survived the Thanksgiving weekend besides me? :grin:

It was sooooooooo hard, though!! :eek:

I did! I was on vacation and just returned to the office today. I will be getting cornrow braids on 12/23. I can't believe I just gave myself a touchup on 10/28 and I already see new growth. I'm looking forward to putting braids in my hair, because I always want to play in my hair because I'm loving it so much. How is your hair doing.

i12sitonmyhair

Chero-Khoi American
My hair is feeling a little better now than it was a couple of months ago. I deep conditioned last week and gave myself a touch-up on Friday. I've decided to start air-drying & wrapping my hair instead of blow-drying it. It feels stronger and healthier now.

I still want to grow out this color and the "v" shape in the back. That will take longer, but I don't mind...I'm patient.

ritzbitz78

I didn't read all the posts under this topic. But I think this is an excellent challenge.

Black people have a very hypersensitive immune system and therefore have a heightened inflammatory response, especially to things like sugar. That is why diabetes, lupus, allergies to cow's milk is so rampant amongst blacks.

It even affects how we heal from popping a pimple or a would. We hyperpigmentate or we keloid, much more than other races.

Knowing that, we need to eat right (cut out a lot more sugar and add good stuff like spinach, salmon, berries) so that we won't have such heightened attacks on our body

I think sugar intake definately affects the whole body's system hence affects how much hair grows (or doesn't grow)

I got these theories from the Perricone Prescription books. Dr. N.V. Perricone worked with many blacks in Detroit and saw a trend with them.

I will stay away from sugar also

fancypants007

ritzbitz78 said:
I didn't read all the posts under this topic. But I think this is an excellent challenge.

Black people have a very hypersensitive immune system and therefore have a heightened inflammatory response, especially to things like sugar. That is why diabetes, lupus, allergies to cow's milk is so rampant amongst blacks.

It even affects how we heal from popping a pimple or a would. We hyperpigmentate or we keloid, much more than other races.

Knowing that, we need to eat right (cut out a lot more sugar and add good stuff like spinach, salmon, berries) so that we won't have such heightened attacks on our body

I think sugar intake definately affects the whole body's system hence affects how much hair grows (or doesn't grow)

I got these theories from the Perricone Prescription books. Dr. N.V. Perricone worked with many blacks in Detroit and saw a trend with them.

I will stay away from sugar also

Thanks for the thorough info. As long as I can remember I have been addicted to sweets and I know my hair suffered as a result of it. I have not had any sweets, let alone my usual sweet treat that I ate every night prior to this challenge. I am determined to go all the way. Not only will our hair benefit, but our bodies will benefit as well. I don't have sugar cravings, but I can be tempted, but I just tell myself NO, you can't have it. It's nice being in control and even though I am not giving up sweets forever, I want to eat them in moderation primarily for my health. Are you joining us on this challenge?

nijilah

I like this challenge and I will start....now (the evening of December 26th). I am not very confident that I will be able to complete this challenge successfully BUT I can definitely try. I need to.

fancypants007

nijilah said:
I like this challenge and I will start....now (the evening of December 26th). I am not very confident that I will be able to complete this challenge successfully BUT I can definitely try. I need to.

Just do the best you can do. I have been on this challenge since November 1st and I am doing quite good, no sweets, yeah. I am making good progress not only with my hair, but losing those pounds/inches as well. I can't wait til this challenge is over to see my results. It is hard, I'll be the first to admit it, but I will stay strong and you can too!