Oils,Pomades,Grease,Butters Oct 1 through Dec 31

jprayze

hairqueen7 said:
Just a lurker with a question
Is grapeseed oil only used as a sealant or can it be used to oil my scalp ?

Grapeseed oil is sooo light that it is good for light sealing, but if you want to heavy seal it's not going to work. I think that the weight of grapeseed is perfect for the scalp. :)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Used SM Restorative Elixir on the length of my hair this morning. Bout to use IPN's Pumpkin Honey Butter on my scalp & length. Later will use the Restorative Elixir again.

Blairx0

I will be popping in from time to time , if that is okay with you ladies. I plan to seal this winter with aalyiah's blessing by SD

LovLeeLaDee

Question for you oil/butter/pomade gurus:
Is it better to mix oils with conditioner or apply as sealant? I know for sure I like my grapeseed oil to seal when flat ironing, but I haven't found my staple use for sweet almond oil. Right now I just mix it in my hair grease. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone use hair grease now? And my Shea butter please. I just M&S with it nightly.
TIA

Kindheart

The only product that seriously hydrate my ends is Claudie's Ends insurance,now that's a well put formulation . Anyway i applied that to my ends and AV Totally twisted on roots and lenght before putting my hair in a bun .it has a little bit of hold and eliminates frizz.(for 1day)

lamaria211

I got my Gleau in the mail today!! It has no smell to it which is a nice surprise. I plan on using it Thur after I CW. It says to use on dry hair so I guess that means I won't be sealing in my leave ins with it

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
LocLeeLaDee never tried to mix condish and oils except when DC'ing.

I found sweet almond great to put on top of everything for the great shine. Didn't seem to have much other use. You could mix in a small bottle with your grapeseed. Mixing oils can yield great results.

I mostly use grease for my twist outs or when my hair seems really thirsty.

Shea is fantastic. I melt it together with coco and mango butters. Its a really softening blend.

Question for you oil/butter/pomade gurus:
Is it better to mix oils with conditioner or apply as sealant? I know for sure I like my grapeseed oil to seal when flat ironing, but I haven't found my staple use for sweet almond oil. Right now I just mix it in my hair grease. Any suggestions? Also, does anyone use hair grease now? And my Shea butter please. I just M&S with it nightly.
TIA

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The only product that seriously hydrate my ends is Claudie's Ends insurance,now that's a well put formulation . Anyway i applied that to my ends and AV Totally twisted on roots and lenght before putting my hair in a bun .it has a little bit of hold and eliminates frizz.(for 1day)

Kindheart

I agree. Ends Insurance is thebomb.com Also the Quinoa Moisturizing Creme.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will use Afroveda's Shikakaki Oil today with my leave-in. After it dries, I may use Vatika Frosting or maybe some LaVida's Juices & Berries Pomade.