Oils,Grease,& Oil(based)Pomades,Butters July 1 - Sept 30

xu93texas

I've been sealing nightly with grapeseed oil and evco. I'm back to using my sulfur mixture tonight as well.

KimPossibli

Supergirl
I need to join this challenge. I hope you guys are going to have another from October 1.

I have

Jojoba Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Argan oil
Kukui Oil
Apricot Kernel Oil

and some good old hair grease.

I'm currently keeping my hair in two big cornwrows 5-6 days a week with a wash in between

I will be adding oil to my hair every other day through my glycerin mix/jheric curl juice/braid spray (contains jojoba and grapeseed) and baggy at night

Every other day will add straight oil (any) along the length of the cornrows and use my head tie.

When dc ing hair at weekend will mix oil into conditioners. (the ones I have currently arent doing anything special for me anyway)

lamaria211

Will be doing my ceramide deep treatment tonight using: Wheat germ oil, EVOCO, Sunflower oil, SD Vanilla Silk and Organix Morrocan oil deep treatment. Will cw out in the morning

curlyhersheygirl

Still using my various oil blends to seal, prepoo and do overnight HOTs. Massaging nightly with trigger, and sealing with one of the 4 pomades/ butters in my current rotation

MaraWithLove

Massaged in trigger and sealed with castor. :lick:

Does anyone have suggestions for thick sealants which don't involve shea butter? My hair dislikes it and it leaves "crumbs" behind. I used avocado butter for a time but would like to try others.

Ann0804

Does anyone have suggestions for thick sealants which don't involve shea butter? My hair dislikes it and it leaves "crumbs" behind. I used avocado butter for a time but would like to try others.

Brazil Nut Butter is a good one and Moni butter if the floral smell doesn't bother you.

Kindheart

@Kindheart I say you join right now:grin:

LOL ,YAY ! Great !:grin: Thank you ! sooo I m currently using KBB Cremiliscious 5 x a week and Afroveda Shea Amla 2x a week .This morning I used KBB sweet ambrosia (spiked with castor and coconut oil) and sealed with a dime size of Creamiliscious ,it made my hair really soft and lustrous .
I recently gave another try to the Afroved Totally Twisted as a moisturizer rather than a styler and applied it on dry clean hair ,although my hair was quite soft and hydrated the next day it was a little hard ,wouldn't say "crunchy " but a bit stiff .:nono: I might have to try it with some oil on top and seal .

ETA: I always use butter and a little bit oil on my ends before going to sleep and in the morning.

KimPossibli

Supergirl
sprayed my Jheri curl Juice w// jojoba and Grape seed along my cornrows.

then fingered some jojoba along the length of the two rows ..

tied it up and went to bed last night :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

@MaraWithLove

You might want to look at Hairveda's Almond Glaze. Also, Hairitage Hydrations Peach Pomade, Sweet Butter Pomade, Happy Hempy Hair.

Claudie's Tiffani Ceramide, Hairline & Temple Revitalizer etc......

MyHoneyChild's Sophia's Old Fashion Hair Grease (or something like that).

These all may work very well for you.:yep:

I'll think of some more. But these might work out perfectly.:yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
MaraWithLove Hairitage Hydration Cooling Chamomile Whip is very nice, too.

Did a bootleg oil soak last night under a shower cap as I'm still taking down my twists. I'm not sure what kind of pre-poo I'll be using tonight.